User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #196
TOPI1967
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
simi valley

Doubt it's simi valley. you'd see a police chopper in the sky.
very cool pictures, well done!

TOPI1967 screwed with this post 04-19-2013 at 08:39 AM
TOPI1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #197
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
stumbled across this thread and what a pleasant find. lovely to see you find happiness with someone and share your passions.

you hit on a fantastic topic early in the thread about chasing the carrot and getting caught up in what we "need" for happiness. years ago I threw in the corporate towel and now reside as a bum in southeast Asia riding my dirt bikes everywhere and have never been happier. combined with the never ending search for single-track and you have me hooked.

looking forward to your following chapters and sad i'm not getting together with you boys in Baja on this trip back to ca.

enjoy the rides.

arm in a cast is keeping the caps at bay, sorry.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #198
WHYNOWTHEN OP
where are the pedals?

Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
stumbled across this thread and what a pleasant find. lovely to see you find happiness with someone and share your passions.

you hit on a fantastic topic early in the thread about chasing the carrot and getting caught up in what we "need" for happiness. years ago I threw in the corporate towel and now reside as a bum in southeast Asia riding my dirt bikes everywhere and have never been happier. combined with the never ending search for single-track and you have me hooked.

looking forward to your following chapters and sad i'm not getting together with you boys in Baja on this trip back to ca.

enjoy the rides.

arm in a cast is keeping the caps at bay, sorry.
Thanks ftb. Sorry about your arm. Can you still drink beer? San Diego has great beer. drop in for a pint or two.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #199
WHYNOWTHEN OP
where are the pedals?

Here's something both exciting and sad at the same time. I have had my 990 up for sale for a little while. Had a few tire kickers. Been chatting with Gary form north of Sacramento. Sent him a few pics.

Anyway, I picked him up from the San Diego airport, grabbed some breakfast, exchanged various pieces of paper, swung by the bank, more pieces of paper handed over. Then drove Gary to Ramona and dropped him off at All American KTM.

Here is what is no longer mine.

This is happy Gary.

Heading for Sacramento the long and hopefully dirty way.

Now, I have sold stuff before, old bikes, cars, trucks and even the odd kayak. None of them have ever hurt me inside my chest like this did. It feels like I broke up with a girlfriend that I still love but didn't really have enough time for. I loved this bike! However, I have rationalized selling my baby for the last year. If I had unlimited money, it would be awesome to just own this bike and not be concerned with riding it enough or speeding tickets. My wife and friends are probably happy that they will no longer have to listen to my never-ending monologue on exactly why I should keep it, and also why I should definitely sell it.

Gary seems like a great guy and already loves the 990 - judging by the smile on his face after he took it for a quick spin. I wish him a great ride home and many wonderful miles and smiles.

Oh yeah, I hope that the cat doesn't scratch the new couch that I will be buying for Rollergirl.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #200
WHYNOWTHEN OP
where are the pedals?

Ok, back to me testing to see if Rollergirl's 250 is running ok.

"Here come those f..ing dirt bikers again!"

I love flowers!

I love single-track more!

Old 04-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #201
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,534
I recently sold my 08 990 man. Same color, same sick feeling inside watching it leave. That bike stirred my soul and always left me with a smile on my face. Right away, I picked up a really nice 625SXC that is just so damn kick ass, but I still miss the 990. Money IS an object in my family and we needed it to do a recent move, so I know I did the right thing. Still hurts. I am happy that the sale of that bike helped us through a tough time. I know I did the right thing. I feel your pain.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #202
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,633
Bye bye 990, we'll miss you.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #203
WHYNOWTHEN OP
where are the pedals?

"Hey, wait up guys. I have found something here!"

"Look, I found a motorcycle laying in the bushes!"

New technique for the steeps?

Gas station.
"No se fia" apparently means - No credit!

The gas station attendant is wondering why this gringo has stolen George Castanza's wallet.

Another beautiful ride near Ramona. After extensive testing I was sure that Rollergirl's bike is OK to ride. Rollergirl, on the other hand, is still waiting for the results from her MRI. Still hurts a lot to take her shirt off.

WHYNOWTHEN screwed with this post 04-24-2013 at 08:05 AM
WHYNOWTHEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #204
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYNOWTHEN View Post
Thanks ftb. Sorry about your arm. Can you still drink beer? San Diego has great beer. drop in for a pint or two.

just went out and watched this weekends District 37 race. Not the thing to do when you're arms in 6 pieces for a couple months as I'm jonesing more than ever for some fun rides. I have another friend down in your neck of the woods so if I head south I'll drop you a pm for a dinner someplace if you're bored.

[QUOTE=WHYNOWTHEN;21242178 Rollergirl, on the other hand, is still waiting for the results from her MRI. Still hurts a lot to take her shirt off.[/QUOTE]

As long as Rollergirl keeps her top on at dinner as my mum warned me about gals like her :) .
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #205
WHYNOWTHEN OP
where are the pedals?

TravelToad is dead to me!

He is going to a Dodgers game instead of riding next weekend. I don't even know what the Dodgers do, but I'm sure it can't be anywhere near as much fun as riding 60 miles of new single track near Ramona!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #206
traveltoad
Aaron S

Quote:
TravelToad is dead to me!

He is going to a Dodgers game instead of riding next weekend. I don't even know what the Dodgers do, but I'm sure it can't be anywhere near as much fun as riding 60 miles of new single track near Ramona!
I am not sure I know what the Dodgers do either (I assume they play dodge ball)... but I do know how hard it is to say no when my 8yo son says "Dad, you are coming with us, right?"
Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #207
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 825
That is funny S........

Quote:
"Hey, wait up guys. I have found something here!"

"Look, I found a motorcycle laying in the bushes!"

Another beautiful ride near Ramona. After extensive testing I was sure that Rollergirl's bike is OK to ride. Rollergirl, on the other hand, is still waiting for the results from her MRI. Still hurts a lot to take her shirt off.
Some crazy track there
Hope rollergirl speedy recovery.
Scubalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #208
WHYNOWTHEN OP
where are the pedals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
I am not sure I know what the Dodgers do either (I assume they play dodge ball)... but I do know how hard it is to say no when my 8yo son says "Dad, you are coming with us, right?"
Ok buddy, if you are watching dodge-ball with your kid we can still be friends. Dodge-ball seems like it would be fun to watch for about the first 5 minutes.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #209
WHYNOWTHEN OP
where are the pedals?

Haven't checked my camera for a few trips. Uploaded a few weekends worth of fun memories.

Last pic of my big 990 on the trail.

Gary is the guy that did a fly and ride and is apparently loving being the next person owned by the 990. He took the looong way home and even threw in a 20 mile long Death Valley sand wash. I am very happy for him and the bike that they are enjoying each other.

This next pic is of our favorite Taco stand in Tecate. If you happen to be driving by, stop and have a few!

Old 04-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #210
traveltoad
Aaron S

Yum yum, tacos!