ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #151
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motorfiets's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North of Jack Daniel's, South of Country Music
Oddometer: 2,989
__________________
Ben
My Photo's
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #152
TheDualDog
Adventurer
 
TheDualDog's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Tehachapi, CA
Oddometer: 11
I brought up the discussion in the D-37 Dual Sport forum if participants would be interested in the 6" Rally format over the standard 2.25" format and even suggested a 4" roll. The response was negative.

Participants argued the need for the expensive and wide boxes took up too much valuable dash space and that GPS was heading towards the new medium of communication. I countered that GPS will never rule the organized event and visuals will always be desired. Nor should one be offered exclusively. Nor should one be used exclusively.

Your chart program would be most desired by me and in my events and want to cater to the crowd that utilize them in both DS and AdvBike events. As an experienced ralliest, charts provided the needed visuals in advance for the next 2-3 turns and GPS would be for backup and correcting navigation.

The challenge is getting enthusiasts up to speed in purchasing the wide-format boxes and whether the organizer will go through the trouble of providing the various formats. That is an easy task for me with over 100 event charts to my experience and can even provide the 6" format in a continuous roll as done in the 2.25" DS charts. (I hate taping up books).
TheDualDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #153
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDualDog View Post
I brought up the discussion in the D-37 Dual Sport forum if participants would be interested in the 6" Rally format over the standard 2.25" format and even suggested a 4" roll. The response was negative.

Participants argued the need for the expensive and wide boxes took up too much valuable dash space and that GPS was heading towards the new medium of communication. I countered that GPS will never rule the organized event and visuals will always be desired. Nor should one be offered exclusively. Nor should one be used exclusively.

Your chart program would be most desired by me and in my events and want to cater to the crowd that utilize them in both DS and AdvBike events. As an experienced ralliest, charts provided the needed visuals in advance for the next 2-3 turns and GPS would be for backup and correcting navigation.

The challenge is getting enthusiasts up to speed in purchasing the wide-format boxes and whether the organizer will go through the trouble of providing the various formats. That is an easy task for me with over 100 event charts to my experience and can even provide the 6" format in a continuous roll as done in the 2.25" DS charts. (I hate taping up books).

For general dual sport riding the smaller roll chart holders work fine and to be honest a large roadbook holder is just going to get torn off the bike or smashed at some point. The large format will mostly be a rally and rally training tool.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Husaberg tank for sale: HERE
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #154
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 5,974
making one now and trying to save it.. how do I change tulips I can see they are slightly editable or also add signs or speeds ? The text is easy!
__________________
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #155
RenoMoto
Rally Navigator
 
RenoMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sitting at My Computer
Oddometer: 192
Navigator - how to video

Check out the screen capture video - its a quick tutorial.

__________________
Mike Shirley
Double Diamond Athletic Club - Reno - Nevada
500 XCW - 990 Adventure R - 690 Duke
Pics - Moto - Dakar Rally - Rally Mongolia - TAT - F1 - Sports Cars - Crap
Rally Navigator - Create, Print & Share Rally Routes with Google Earth.
RenoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #156
Myway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Myway's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Knobby country
Oddometer: 2,249
IE 9 know problem nothing to draw in the box
Attached Images
 
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #157
DaveRMS
Studly Adventurer
 
DaveRMS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: San Rafael, CA
Oddometer: 985
Beta feedback

Greetings from Lima, Perú. #dakar

Just a request for the beta testers... Please use the User Voice feedback widget that appears on the RN site to report problems. Or email Mike. We can keep better track that way and make sure issues get addressed.

Thanks,
Dave
__________________
Rally Management Services - 2015 Dakar plans in the works...
DaveRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #158
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 5,974
An I pad app...

http://appiola.com/app/9hC9L/tulip-r...ditor-for.html


then we have ol Don

http://www.donbarrow.co.uk/tulip_roa...s_editors.html
__________________
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #159
7575KK
KK
 
7575KK's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Split, Croatia
Oddometer: 105
Web based vs. standalone

I see that you have made good job with Rally Navigator.

For me there is little problem.
It's WEB based and you cannot use it in the "middle of nowhere" ;)

Next two months I will spend much of time scouting and preparing Road-book in the field and there is no Internet connection available.
During day scouting and at evening writing it all down in "electronic" road-book form.

Otherwise one needs to scout and collect all data and then when finish all scouting go home and with Internet connection and work on road-book.
So, "double" time is spent.

Once again I think that Rally Navigator idea is excellent and I see that really good job is done.
.. but practical problem still exist.

KK
7575KK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #160
LKN4DRT
Mended
 
LKN4DRT's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Soviet Monika, Ca
Oddometer: 714
Wouldn't it be more fun to ride the route the first time with a road book you were proofing? Route selection could be done on GE with alternates for questionable areas on gps. Am I missing something? I think you spend more time riding the same route twice and going down a lot of dead ends.
__________________
Nine five O A
Six nine O E
Five three O
Four five O
Five O O
LKN4DRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #161
HogWild
Scott Whitney
 
HogWild's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal USA
Oddometer: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKN4DRT View Post
Wouldn't it be more fun to ride the route the first time with a road book you were proofing? Route selection could be done on GE with alternates for questionable areas on gps. Am I missing something? I think you spend more time riding the same route twice and going down a lot of dead ends.
That's from the EXPERT in having fun while prerunning new rally routes...

__________________
.
New desert racing frontiers
It will be Diabolical!
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #162
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 5,974
Tripy




Tripy Gps has a great way of making roadbooks while riding the route.. you record it then use the road tracer software to make the roadbook once that is done you can print the hard copy out and give to your friends with a reader!

Beware though they have not introduced a USA base map
__________________
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #163
12Bong13
Adventurer
 
12Bong13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Rouyn-Noranda, Qc
Oddometer: 71
This is really nice!

I cannot find the answer though in this post, is the print out for the 6'' roadbook or the smaller 2.5''?

Like mentionned, the 2.25'' roll chart


is the one that is mostly used in the amateur rank of Adventure riders.

I will give this a test tonight!

12Bong13 screwed with this post 08-16-2013 at 12:32 PM
12Bong13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #164
rinho
Rinho Féroce
 
rinho's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC...Ottawa area
Oddometer: 1,021
did make and test my first roadbook last weekend (700Km in the wood)
Nice product, a lot of time saved!
__________________
'06 950 LC8 Adv S
'02 F650GS (wife's bike)
'99 LandCruiser
'92 KTM 400 LC4 (the first 400 LC4 produced, pre-serie unit)
rinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #165
rinho
Rinho Féroce
 
rinho's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC...Ottawa area
Oddometer: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bong13 View Post
This is really nice!

I cannot find the answer though in this post, is the print out for the 6'' roadbook or the smaller 2.5''?

Like mentionned, the 2.25'' roll chart


is the one that is mostly used in the amateur rank of Adventure riders.

I will give this a test tonight!
Hi Christian,
6", but you could cut the right part, or print it with a pdf printer and them reduce it to fit your need
__________________
'06 950 LC8 Adv S
'02 F650GS (wife's bike)
'99 LandCruiser
'92 KTM 400 LC4 (the first 400 LC4 produced, pre-serie unit)
rinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014