Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #76
Dabears
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
Can't for the life of me understand the mentality of buying something you can't polish.
Polish? i have an old vespa and an R1200GS. I don't even WASH them!

2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Dabears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #77
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 766
A friend over in the UK just posted his test ride review on Modern Vespa at http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic103725 if anyone is interested.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #78
2wheelfish
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Got an email from the dealer and it looks like the USA "base" price for the Sport os $9,590 and the GT is $9,990. Highline package more, but how much is not known yet. About what I expected. High enough to cause significant pain, but still within range to possibly consider (at least for me). Wasn't sure if this was known yet, just thought I'd pass it along to those interested.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #79
Dead Elvis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I am glad to hear that the pricing will be below $10,000 and I will have my order in for one. I have trouble deciding between a GT or Sport...
ABS and delivery is included in that price. It should be a great scooter ride..
Dead Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #80
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,257
http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic104364

We finally have an indication of the "BASE" pricing on the new BMW scooters!

C600Sport $9,590
C650GT $9,990

Remember, as with all BMW's, that excludes Destination charges ($495) and the added features that they will likely all come with.
On the scooters it is the "Highline package" which includes Heated Grips, Heated seats and TPM. I don't know how much that package will cost yet.
But at least now, we have a good idea of the price point on the scooters.

Dealer launch is scheduled for Oct 21-24 and the scooters will likely start to arrive shortly after that.

As I've mentioned before there will be extremely limited production (especially of the Sport). If you are hoping to get one, I strongly encourage you to put on order in with your local dealership.

Woot!
~RobynS

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #81
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,532
Lucky bastards.

They start at $16.700 here.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #82
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,783
In the sub 10K range, I think BMW will sell all they can import at that price. I hope they have all the bugs worked out. I remain very interested.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #83
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
nothing against the BMW scooters,,,, but I must admit you guys have a lot of guts to walk into any BMW Dealer and tell them you want the scooter without anybody laughing and making fun of you......
maybe its just me,, but those same customers that hang out that hang out at a motorcycle dealer looking at and judging everybody else that walks thru the door make me sick, I just want to grab one of those pee-ons by the throat and beat the crap out of them!

you'll NEVER see me walking into any BMW Dealer even if they were giving them away!

you understand? you have to be accepted by an eliete society of so called expert motorcycle riders to even look at any BMW and these same people look at the new BMW scooter as an insult to the rest of the BMW motorcycles!
Your mommy must really dress you funny for everybody to always be laughing at you.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #84
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,011
Quote:
nothing against the BMW scooters,,,, but I must admit you guys have a lot of guts to walk into any BMW Dealer and tell them you want the scooter without anybody laughing and making fun of you......
maybe its just me,, but those same customers that hang out that hang out at a motorcycle dealer looking at and judging everybody else that walks thru the door make me sick, I just want to grab one of those pee-ons by the throat and beat the crap out of them!

you'll NEVER see me walking into any BMW Dealer even if they were giving them away!

you understand? you have to be accepted by an eliete society of so called expert motorcycle riders to even look at any BMW and these same people look at the new BMW scooter as an insult to the rest of the BMW motorcycles!

What happened? They kick you out of the Tmax thread again?
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #85
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,257
Bad case of penis envy.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #86
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon

Oddometer: 3,057
Quote:

That is the most stunningly stupid and idiotic thing I have ever read.
www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #87
Dead Elvis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:

I actually work at a BMW dealership and all of us are excited about the scooters. We are accepting of all riders and visitors, having owned and ridden many different types of motorcycles and scooters, and enjoyed riding all of therm. Too bad you cannot enjoy two wheeled transportation in it many variants.
Dead Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #88
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
That is the most stunningly stupid and idiotic thing I have ever read.
It's no more stupid or idiotic than most of his previous posts.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #89
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Elvis View Post
I actually work at a BMW dealership and all of us are excited about the scooters. We are accepting of all riders and visitors, having owned and ridden many different types of motorcycles and scooters, and enjoyed riding all of therm. Too bad you cannot enjoy two wheeled transportation in it many variants.
Yup.

Aside from the troll's static...what puts me off on them is WHY BMW went and got into the scooter market. What are they bringing to the fore that no one else offers?

For example...I can see how Suzuki got there. It's a logical progression to their providing easy-use two-wheeled transportation to a wide variety of customers.

BMW...has been a builder of superb road motorcycles and more recently, dual-sport and motocross machines. Why, except for the profit, should they be tapping the scooter market? A scooter is by definition a compromise. All but the Burgman 650 have a swing-axle-mounted motor. All have high seating. Most have tires smaller than touring bikes.

I had the same reaction years ago when Mercedes-Benz entered the station-wagon, and later SUV, markets. WHY, except to rake off easy sales?

I'm not opposed to BMWs. I had an R1200GS...couldn't afford it, but loved it. Covered my losses in the sale. But part of their brilliance, in the past, has been FOCUS.

Not unlike Harley-Davidson. I'd never buy one; but I admire them for knowing their market, focusing on it, and crafting for it and cultivating it.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #90
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Yup.

Aside from the troll's static...what puts me off on them is WHY BMW went and got into the scooter market. What are they bringing to the fore that no one else offers?

For example...I can see how Suzuki got there. It's a logical progression to their providing easy-use two-wheeled transportation to a wide variety of customers.
The market for maxi scooters is quite large in Europe. Yamaha have sold 180,000 T-Max's in Italy and have remained more or less unchallenged in this market place. BMW want a slice of this action and since their star is in the ascendant, it seems like a good idea. Don't forget either that BMW has trodden this path before with the C1 - which the market was clearly not ready for - that has now achieved cult status in Germany. BMW "plan" to register a lot more scooters in Germany than Yamaha next year.

The road tests by journalists indicate that BMW have been successful in producing the best overall scooter. It gives best to the T-Max in city traffic but beats it on the open road with superior performance and handling. I rode the C650GT yesterday and the cornering is superb.

The price of gas here in Europe in $8.40/US gallon, so some car drivers might choose to commute if the message is strong enough. I would expect only very modest sales in areas where Urban Mobility is not a big issue, but I think they stand a good chance in big congested cities. Let the consumer decide.

P.S. The Honda S-Wing, Integra, and Yamaha T-max also have frame-mounted motors and swing-arm suspension similar to the Burgman 650.
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote