ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
DDT Rider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kanagawa, Japan
Oddometer: 473
Online source for BMW clutch oil, V10

I can't find any source online for this.

I'd guess mineral oil is non-flammable, so I'd have thought shipping would not be a problem.

I'm trying to order up the slave and associated parts and fluids at the same place. Any leads?

Also, there does not seem to be a separate part number for a deal at the slave...is it integrated?

Many thanks!
Jim in Japan
DDT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
DDT Rider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kanagawa, Japan
Oddometer: 473
No one orders the mineral oil online?
DDT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Lensgrinder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: San Marcos, California
Oddometer: 1,313
Some have used Magura's oil for their clutches.
I just bought it at the dealer.
I have flushed two bikes with it and still have enough to do another.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=magura

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=magura

Also, a search for magura, or clutch oil may help you.
__________________
2012 R1200GSA
2009 F650GS (Wife's)
1987 Husqvarna WR 430

Lensgrinder screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 04:45 PM
Lensgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
DDT Rider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kanagawa, Japan
Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lensgrinder View Post
Some have used Magura's oil for their clutches.
I just bought it at the dealer.
I have flushed two bikes with it and still have enough to do another.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=magura

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=magura

Also, a search for magura, or clutch oil may help you.
I'll give it a search...thanks for the idea...
DDT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
SkiFly01
Govna Racepipe
 
SkiFly01's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville, FL
Oddometer: 588
If you want the BIG container, like I ordered which was a silly mistake.
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/magminoil.html

__________________
Kai
2008 BMW GSA
2000 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
SkiFly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
DDT Rider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kanagawa, Japan
Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFly01 View Post
If you want the BIG container, like I ordered which was a silly mistake.
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/magminoil.html

Yeah, I saw that...the shipping is pretty crazy compared to unit cost...for me, not on base...
DDT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
hetkind
Adventurer
 
hetkind's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: North East TN - Shiny Side Up Motorcycle Rescue
Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT Rider View Post
I can't find any source online for this.

I'd guess mineral oil is non-flammable, so I'd have thought shipping would not be a problem.

I'm trying to order up the slave and associated parts and fluids at the same place. Any leads?

Also, there does not seem to be a separate part number for a deal at the slave...is it integrated?

Many thanks!
Jim in Japan
If this is a standard hydraulic mineral "hydraulic" oil, then it is locally available to me at $35 for a five gallon bucket at the local auto part store. I keep a bucket around for servicing log splitters, jacks, presses and other such equipment.

Howard
hetkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
SkiFly01
Govna Racepipe
 
SkiFly01's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville, FL
Oddometer: 588
BMW does sell a small container. Should be more than plenty.

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=39065

__________________
Kai
2008 BMW GSA
2000 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
SkiFly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
DDT Rider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kanagawa, Japan
Oddometer: 473
Ok, thanks...I've found it now on a few sites. Oddly, it is usually blocked out on the fiche, but available elsewhere on the site.

Now I'm wondering if I should order up any master cylinder parts to hedge my bets in case the problem was some sort of contamination/ingress originating there...
DDT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
scooteraug02
Dog Rancher
 
scooteraug02's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 4,438
Will any of these work? click here

Is it the same stuff used in bicycles?

Should be bicycle shops in Japan.
__________________
scooteraug02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014