Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #76
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,960
The Vision is a bike I've really tried to like and I admire Victory for going out on a limb.
However, at the end of the day, I think that limb got sawed off and fell into a pit of burning hydrochloric acid.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #77
elementalg20
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
How did you feel about Victory's design of the Vision?

Most folks thought it was too radical, too "out there", unconventional.

So, would you rather have a variation on your vanilla ice cream, or tutti fruitti?
That's about the best point I've scene made in the thread lol. Obviously, they look a fair amount alike, but who cares? China makes an suv that looks like an X5 bmw.....how do you suppose they compare other than looks?

Lets see how the bike performs on the road, hopefully Triumph did the work, and its performance, comfort, and reliability will speak for itself. I for one hope it's cheaper, as or more reliable, as comfortable, and hides some of its darn weight, I'm sure the explorer motor will work great. I for one am more concerned about its weight than its bmw esque cosmetics.

K1300GT "fully fueled read to ride" 288kg Trophy 1200 "ready to ride" 301kg

Anyone else see that not being a good thing for the triumph? Not saying I won't possibly buy one some day.....just been nice if it was alot lighter.

Gone...1998 Triumph Trophy 1200 2000 KTM Adventure 640, 1994 BMW R1100RS, 2002 BMW K1200RS,1999 VFR800, 1996 VFR750, 1985 Maxim X, 198x 250LTD

elementalg20 screwed with this post 07-03-2012 at 11:03 AM
elementalg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #78
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 594
When it comes down to I don't give a rats ass what anyone else thinks about the bike i'm buying. If I like the look of it and like the way it rides and I'm happy that's all that matters. Ooooh, it looks like an RT, Oooooh I don't like the antenna, Oooooh I don't like the blue, Oooooh. Are you kidding me? You sound like a bunch of Corvette owners.
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #79
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalg20 View Post
That's about the best point I've scene made in the thread lol. Obviously, they look a fair amount alike, but who cares? China makes an suv that looks like an X5 bmw.....how do you suppose they compare other than looks?

Lets see how the bike performs on the road, hopefully Triumph did the work, and its performance, comfort, and reliability will speak for itself. .
Trump card.

Plus the longer service intervals.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #80
njd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,123
Quote:

So, would you rather have a variation on your vanilla ice cream, or tutti fruitti?
I'd rather a new bike not look 90% like every other bike in its segment.
njd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #81
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 2,152
I can't wait to ride one

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #82
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,634
Quote:

The vision sucks. It's disjointed. Looks like a scooter designer did the front fairing, and a mid-Century futurist did the rest of the bodywork.

The angluar, 1980s Honda features of the fairing don't go with the Delage-looking rear section.

The fact that is sells at all just reinforces the old addage, "there's no accounting for taste".
IBA #24873
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #83
MHaz01
I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer: 220
Design Copy

What's the issue with similar-looking motorcycles offered by different manufacturers? I don't get the complaining.

A little price competition for the same type of motorcycle is a good thing, don't you think?

Or are you, like, all totally bunched up because Ford, Chevy, Toyota and Dodge offer pickup trucks that all have four wheels, a passenger compartment, a hood and a box?
Old 07-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #84
Glenngineer
Scooty Puff Sr.

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker59 View Post
The vision sucks. It's disjointed. Looks like a scooter designer did the front fairing, and a mid-Century futurist did the rest of the bodywork.

The angluar, 1980s Honda features of the fairing don't go with the Delage-looking rear section.

The fact that is sells at all just reinforces the old addage, "there's no accounting for taste".

I think the Vision is beautiful, and every other Victory has suffered because people generally react badly to it's styling.

The bags are fucking terrible, a deal breaking outrage, but goddamn, I think it looks good.
Glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #85
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,287
I'm awaiting some ride reports and really want to know what to expect in MPG from this bike.
I had an 800XC for a short time and sold it, one factor was the poor MPG and range.

Regards, Paul
Old 07-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #86
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
I'm awaiting some ride reports and really want to know what to expect in MPG from this bike.
I had an 800XC for a short time and sold it, one factor was the poor MPG and range.

Regards, Paul
I realise its too little too late for you, but the latest 800 map seems to have straightened out the fuel mileage issue for me. My 800 started off averaging about 42 mpg. Now on map revision #3 I hit a high so far of 49 mpg and usually fill up around 220 miles

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #87
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
I realise its too little too late for you, but the latest 800 map seems to have straightened out the fuel mileage issue for me. My 800 started off averaging about 42 mpg. Now on map revision #3 I hit a high so far of 49 mpg and usually fill up around 220 miles
Dang, I need to check which map I have ... It's a pity that I don't know any other Tiger riders in the area to share tools / shop accessories so I have to buy all things myself. Will get the combination DealerTool / TuneECU soon. I want to be independent of my not so good dealer here ...
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #88
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Glad to hear that Bueller. After I installed the Arrow pipe/map the ridability was GREAT but the MPH SUCKED!!

With milage in the upper 40's I'd like to see this motor in a Sport Tourer.....

Regards, Paul
Old 07-11-2012, 03:38 AM   #89
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,537
This is quite good..

http://triumphmotorcycles.ceros.com/spirit04/usa/page/1
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #90
Barnwell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
The new Trophy comes with black logo riding gear, a girl, and a trip to Italy!!! Jeez, if I had known that I would thought twice before buying my brandy new Sprint GT at a fire sale price.
We remember the Freeman. We are coterminous.
Barnwell is offline   Reply With Quote