ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #781
CharlestonADV
I do my own stunts!
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warin View Post
? Don't think anyone around here leads a 'normal' life... why be 'normal' when you can be 'interesting'?
...inmate lifestyles are probably too weird for normal folks.
CharlestonADV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #782
ben2go
Moto Flunky
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC USA
Oddometer: 3,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlestonADV View Post
...inmate lifestyles are probably too weird for normal folks.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #783
Feyala OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Wandering...
Oddometer: 358
When have I ever been normal?!

Man, I spend a couple months away, and you guys start throwing that n word around! Geez! I'm going to have to wash your mouths out with soap!



Sorry for being incommunicado. I've been trying to do the art thing for money and having some mixed results. I sold some things at a convention and I've been getting little dribbles of interest here and there, but nothing big or concrete enough yet to be a reliable income. I feel like for the most part I've just been chasing my tail, but I haven't given up and gotten a regular job... yet. Some of the things I was hoping for (gallery space, selling at the saturday market, living in the Alberta Arts district) didn't pan out, some other things popped up to fill their space, c'est la vie.

So far my mid-future involves staying in Portland until the end of January. My boyfriend is probably moving to southern Cali at that time, and I'm not sure if I want to follow him there or wander around more or both. I still really want to go to Mexico, but I'm straight up out of money, so that's not going to happen until I find some. If the art thing doesn't show significant improvement in this next month, I'm off to get a Real Job again to sock away some $$.

I haven't abandoned the story, and I'm sorry that it's taking such a long time for me to have the free time to write, but I literally haven't even had time for much of a social life lately, let alone large chunks of time to devote to writing. I haven't forgotten, and I still have my notes and 20 gigs of photos to go through. It will get done though, I promise.

In the meantime my life is just art art art which is kinda off topic for this site. I might be starting a tumblr up to get more exposure though, and I'll probably leave the link here for those who are curious once I do so.

Love you guys! Sorry I'm not very interesting lately!
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #784
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak
 
Whyswoman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: WhinyNippy
Oddometer: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyala View Post
Man, I spend a couple months away, and you guys start throwing that n word around! Geez! I'm going to have to wash your mouths out with soap!



Sorry for being incommunicado. I've been trying to do the art thing for money and having some mixed results. I sold some things at a convention and I've been getting little dribbles of interest here and there, but nothing big or concrete enough yet to be a reliable income. I feel like for the most part I've just been chasing my tail, but I haven't given up and gotten a regular job... yet. Some of the things I was hoping for (gallery space, selling at the saturday market, living in the Alberta Arts district) didn't pan out, some other things popped up to fill their space, c'est la vie.

So far my mid-future involves staying in Portland until the end of January. My boyfriend is probably moving to southern Cali at that time, and I'm not sure if I want to follow him there or wander around more or both. I still really want to go to Mexico, but I'm straight up out of money, so that's not going to happen until I find some. If the art thing doesn't show significant improvement in this next month, I'm off to get a Real Job again to sock away some $$.

I haven't abandoned the story, and I'm sorry that it's taking such a long time for me to have the free time to write, but I literally haven't even had time for much of a social life lately, let alone large chunks of time to devote to writing. I haven't forgotten, and I still have my notes and 20 gigs of photos to go through. It will get done though, I promise.

In the meantime my life is just art art art which is kinda off topic for this site. I might be starting a tumblr up to get more exposure though, and I'll probably leave the link here for those who are curious once I do so.

Love you guys! Sorry I'm not very interesting lately!
Please DO start a tumblr up - I would like to see your work...
__________________
“Most people don't grow up. Most people age. They find parking spaces, honor their credit cards, get married, have children, and call that maturity. What that is, is aging.” Maya Angelou
Whyswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #785
8lives
Dharma Bum
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Shasta County,Calif
Oddometer: 1,875
Yep I'm a Tumblr nut,please start 1 and let us know how to access it!!
__________________
Trickster Redeemer
Robin Williams was my hero,RIP!
I used to do drugs,I still do drugs,but I used to too!Mitch Hedburg
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #786
shojimon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Oddometer: 126
You have some whacked out notion we don't like art? Link us up!
shojimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #787
Patrick46
visionary
 
Patrick46's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Oregon Coastline
Oddometer: 2,811
As a professional artist mysself, I'd love to see whatcher up to, too!
__________________
"Good Times & Good Friends Make Life Better"

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #788
ben2go
Moto Flunky
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC USA
Oddometer: 3,211
What a co-winkydink.I'm an artist also.I enjoy making art using bugs and a windscreen or face shield.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #789
Feyala OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Wandering...
Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
What a co-winkydink.I'm an artist also.I enjoy making art using bugs and a windscreen or face shield.
The best for that is fireflies...
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #790
ben2go
Moto Flunky
 
ben2go's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC USA
Oddometer: 3,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyala View Post
The best for that is fireflies...
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #791
Feyala OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Wandering...
Oddometer: 358
Tumblr

You guys asked for it, and here it is:

http://feyala.tumblr.com/

If you know anybody that needs some cute animal art, send them my way.
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #792
8lives
Dharma Bum
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Shasta County,Calif
Oddometer: 1,875
Thanks,bookmarked and ready to follow!
__________________
Trickster Redeemer
Robin Williams was my hero,RIP!
I used to do drugs,I still do drugs,but I used to too!Mitch Hedburg
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #793
Syntroxis
Adventurer
 
Syntroxis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: BryanTexas
Oddometer: 37
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyala View Post
You guys asked for it, and here it is:

http://feyala.tumblr.com/

If you know anybody that needs some cute animal art, send them my way.
I really like the mosaic dragon. All your art is good. Thanks for the link. Have fun and be safe.
Syntroxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #794
Patrick46
visionary
 
Patrick46's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Oregon Coastline
Oddometer: 2,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntroxis View Post
I really like the mosaic dragon.
Me too!!
__________________
"Good Times & Good Friends Make Life Better"

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #795
Feyala OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Wandering...
Oddometer: 358
Awww, thanks guys!
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014