Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #241
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
definitely take the farkles off the bike and move them over. Even if you want different farkles, take them off and sell them.
I'm not sure what the case mounts are that come in the comfort pkg. Pretty sure they are not the side rails and are for the top case mounting.
Thanks ... I was reviewing my list of installed farkles ... that was not really a good idea ... wow ...
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #242
hound master
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29

have had it all of 20 hours now
hound master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #243
gs_lad
Adventurer

that looks amazingly cool
gs_lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #244
PatrickM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound master View Post

That's cool! That'll probably be my next bike, I like how the rear tire looks like it just floats there off the ground...

What color is the rear shock, grayish? Did the dealer explain what the two knobs are for on the rear grab handles? Anything change on the computer? If you had to describe the color, would it be "bronzish"? Options? Seat comfort? Pricing (OTD and otherwise)?
PatrickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #245
abnslr
rides a motorcycle

Oddometer: 219
Quote:

That's awesome, how it just stands there, without side or center stands. Can that capability be retrofitted to older models?

abnslr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #246
hound master
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnslr View Post
That's awesome, how it just stands there, without side or center stands. Can that capability be retrofitted to older models?

just get a bunch of magnets, adjust to liking
Old 08-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #247
hound master
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickM View Post
That's cool! That'll probably be my next bike, I like how the rear tire looks like it just floats there off the ground...

What color is the rear shock, grayish? Did the dealer explain what the two knobs are for on the rear grab handles? Anything change on the computer? If you had to describe the color, would it be "bronzish"? Options? Seat comfort? Pricing (OTD and otherwise)?

The rear shock is indeed grey.
The knobs on the rear rack i believe match up to the factory hard cases.
This is my first 800 so not too certain on details of previous model computer, maybe others can speak to that.
The color looks more green than bronze to me, I think the official color name is kalamata, after the olive I guess? olive colored seems apt.
Options galore if you want em of course. Mine came with the safety package (ESA, ASC), a package called the "luxury package" which is really just the heated grips, center stand and the luggage rack installed. The base price if I remember was at 13020... with the options, list was at 13650 ...not bad considering there was still a 2012 on the floor with no center stand listed at 13400. Seat comfort is alright so far, haven't yet had the chance for extended hours in the saddle.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #248
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
This is my first 800 so not too certain on details of previous model computer, maybe others can speak to that.
The color looks more green than bronze to me, I think the official color name is kalamata, after the olive I guess? olive colored seems apt.
Options galore if you want em of course. Mine came with the safety package (ESA, ASC), a package called the "luxury package" which is really just the heated grips, center stand and the luggage rack installed. The base price if I remember was at 13020... with the options, list was at 13650 ...not bad considering there was still a 2012 on the floor with no center stand listed at 13400. Seat comfort is alright so far, haven't yet had the chance for extended hours in the saddle.
I don't see a center stand or luggage rack. Why and how is the back tire off of the ground? Photoshop maybe???? GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #249
guavadude
de-composer

Oddometer: 658
Maybe he dreamed he has a new 800, that's why it's floating.
I once dreamt I had that same bike and I was even tall enough to ride it. Pretty sure it was floating just like that.
guavadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #250
hound master
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
I don't see a center stand or luggage rack. Why and how is the back tire off of the ground? Photoshop maybe???? GH
ending the mystery... curiosity got the best of me and I magic-wanded that center stand away
I was staring at that pic and kept thinking well dammit it looks real slow with that anchor to the ground, be gone! all in good fun.

anyways, the rear luggage mounts are on there ...that I promise.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #251
PatrickM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
ending the mystery... curiosity got the best of me and I magic-wanded that center stand away
I was staring at that pic and kept thinking well dammit it looks real slow with that anchor to the ground, be gone! all in good fun.

Bah. The magnet answer was better.

"A bike so light, so balanced that there is virtually no weight on the rear!"

I was assuming it was leaning against the wall via the handlebars (like lightweight bikes can do) and thought it was just a trick of the shadows.

Quote:
Thank you kindly for the answers! Yeah, the color's name (presuming they picked it specifically) should be olive'ish color but in many of the pictures it's coming over as bronze.

Have fun and let us know what you think! Share with us your inseam and let us know if you're Captain Morgan'ng it at lights too!

Oh yeah, is the seat height adjustable? The latest copy of cycle world (I believe) stated it was...

PatrickM screwed with this post 08-25-2012 at 04:39 PM Reason: Seat question
PatrickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #252
wbrisett
hmmm....

Oddometer: 317
F700 Test Ride

So, I didn't ride the F700, my wife did. She currently rides a Tiger 800 street with a low seat. While in the local BMW dealership, she at on the F700. It was not a low version, yet it fit her better than the Tiger 800 with a low seat. So, after thinking about it, she took it for a test ride.

She liked it, but felt the Tiger handled better and ... (I kid you not about this quote) "The 700 sounded like a kids bike, the Tiger sounds like an adult bike". However, She liked the fit and finish of the F700 better than the Tiger. She mentioned that if the 700 was out in December when we bought the Tiger, it would have been a no-brainer and she would have purchased the F700. We left the dealership considering buying it and selling the Tiger. However, the more we talk about it, the more she realizes there is nothing wrong with her Tiger and so unless she changes her mind (could happen between now and Tueday), she is going to keep the Tiger. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if on Tuesday, I wasn't taking her down to the dealership to pick up the red F700.

Wayne
Old 08-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #253
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrisett View Post
... so unless she changes her mind (could happen between now and Tueday) ...
Hell ... she could have changed her mind in the interval between when you started typing your append and the time you hit "submit" ...

Sorry ... I couldn't resist.... I'm married also ..........
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #254
petzi-baer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Center stand design changed too ...

Petzi-Baer
petzi-baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #255
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:

I say BS! Luggage mounts are not a rack. I think you are trying to blow smoke up our ass. GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote