Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #136
moto-treks OP
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno041 View Post
Has anybody seen the new 'snap out' they are calling it?! It lets you get to your air filter without tools and in about 10 seconds! Look in the vendor thread under Rottweilers new products for CO KTM rally
That "snap out" looks pretty nice. I may order one just to keep from dropping those little screws down onto the engine when I'm finishing up That Dog House looks good too. I'm thinking it will make a great burrito warmer or dry out your gloves

When I clean my filter I prefer to strip the bike down just to have a look-see. Same thing for an oil change. Yeah, it takes longer but I feel better knowing that everything is still in working order. With my last ride I did over 5K miles and the filter was still OK. When I take an extended trip or a trip that I know will be real dusting I'll just use a pre filter.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #137
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
We have explained this one a hundred times. The only thing they share is the size of the base of the filter because it was too expensive to have our own exclusive mold made. We have a different foam density specked out for dirt environments. I can promise you we have authority on this one.
Numbers please? What are the foam densities of the ITG and what of the CPR?
That would put an end to the debate.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #138
Rally_West
Central Scrutinizer

Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
in your first post though you mention some changes to the MAP. just downloading from moto-traks or from Rottweiler won't have those changes. that's what i was interested in.

thanks,

laramie
I am currently running the Akro map with my CPR Rottweiler and Remus 2 into 1. I leaned the fuel maps out 2% across the all the cells. I might go a tad leaner as well. So far it is pretty darn good but could be a tad crisper. I am applying jetting logic to FI tuning and there might not be a total correlation between the two as a jet change can have an effect on the other jets. In TunEcu I "think" changing one cell or a range has little to no effect on the other cells. Although as you go from one cell "area" to another the rich or lean condition is still present and can effect the cell range you are in. I hope that makes sense...it does to me, I think.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #139
captain pabst
b00n

Oddometer: 22
just went on my first ride with the CPR airfilter on my 07 990.

running the akro map leo vince pipes, sas removal kept the charcoal canister did 184 miles today. averaged 40 mpg on the highway.

super happy with the way the bike rides now, down low it is much smoother. looking forward to some of the new accessories they just came out with
captain pabst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #140
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
the jc30-80 is similair to the cpr filter
http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p1...duct_info.html
The correct height is JC30/65. The JC30/80 would be too tall, pushing the seat pan.
Cheers
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #141
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
The correct height is JC30/65. The JC30/80 would be too tall, pushing the seat pan.
Cheers
Not for the 990SM/T/R there JC30/80 fits

Anyway i have the CPR version and i'm happy with it
Old 09-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #142
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
Looking at the pics in the beggining of this thread, for the Adv, seems the CPR gets a significant amount of free space between filter and glovebox.

Anyone care to measure the inside height of the CPR filter?

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #143
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
Looking at the pics in the beggining of this thread, for the Adv, seems the CPR gets a significant amount of free space between filter and glovebox.

Anyone care to measure the inside height of the CPR filter?
Sure, give us a minute to dig one out.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #144
mato409
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
i have try the akra map 2007 with lamda on, and with my set up was to much lean, at wot a read from 13.5 to 14.2 afr
at steady speed 14.1 to 14.8 cruising down 5k rpm..
i havethe lamda on the merge , sow what i read is the avarege of bouth cyl, as reference, and to see what the bike do with the lambda on.
i have add 5% of fuel ..wil report later

i have a 2008, sas remove, with cpr with prefilter, custome made marge( tahoearc advice on dimensions) with akra silencer form bmw 1200 no dbk.

http://s904.photobucket.com/user/mato409/library/
mato409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #145
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,389
I'm interested in further tuning results. Chris says there's plenty of fuel in the CPR-supplied map, which iirc is the map supplied by the OP in this thread (gonna refer to this as the "CPR map" for convenience...)

I've spent some time comparing the CPR map and the KTM-supplied 2011 R AKRA map (KM601EU1180232Map) from the TuneEcu site. I find a total of 18 cells in the F1 and F2 maps that have been changed, and a similar range in the ignition maps have been adjusted. This shows just how much some relatively minor tweaking can affect output. We're talking 4% more fuel from about 5500-9000 rpm and only at 80-100% TPS.

Anyway, I digress.

My concern is that this map is for a 2-1. Presumably, and as has been stated in the thread above, my 2-2 FMFs may flow more than a single Remus as used in the OPs map. Maybe.

In comparing the Power-Tripp maps to the CPR map, there are some differences but overall the fueling is fairly close. Specifically comparing the PT akra (2-2) map to the CPR map the most obvious differences are in the same region in which the CPR map departs from the KTM Akra Map. The CPR map adds fuel from about 6000-8500 rpm and again at 80-100% TPS; there are ignition differences here as well.

My nearest dyno is an hour away and is prohibitively expensive; they do not use tuneecu and are not interested in letting me make changes myself either. Pay per run, boy or leave now. Nearest TuneEcu guy may be the same tuner the OP used, pretty much a full day away...

So, don't want to run lean and hurt stuff and there's at least one report above that this may be the case with this intake and a custom exhaust; my circumstances may be moderated by the fact that I am going to be running the denser gray prefilter....

I am inclined to run the powertripp akra map which is overall slightly richer than the CPR map, and modify that map with the CPR fueling in the small region where the CPR map gives more fuel at big throttle openings. I've been pretty happy with the PT wings map and the stock airbox, and that map was done for a bike running a 2-1.

Any thoughts on this? Chris, you want to chime in?

Thanks!

Steve

ps-can't just go ride it; this is the current state of the bike:

Gotta do fuel filters, an oil change, finish wiring the new dash, and check the recluse before it goes back together....PMS sucks (that's Parked Motorcycle Syndrome)
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #146
moto-treks OP
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,772
One advantage of starting with a European based map is, it's easier to remove the canister - no resistors needed. Not sure what the base level is for the power-trip map.

Your plan sounds good. I wouldn't copy the ignition changes unless you can detect preignition.

I had the same concerns you do but I wasn't as worried because I had the 2 into 1. You can always trailer your bike to a tuner.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #147
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post

I had the same concerns you do but I wasn't as worried because I had the 2 into 1. You can always trailer your bike to a tuner.
Riding v trailering isn't the issue. 2 days off work is the issue.

SA
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #148
DirtyADV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,930
Seems they are doing some updates to the webpage, looking for the dimensions on the filter and doghouse.

/Johan

www.dirtyadv.com (under construction)
DirtyADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #149
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,789
I just ordered the CPR filter kit, SAS block off plates, a filter skin, and the 'Snap Out' system for the glove box!! I'm super stoked to get this stuff installed and up and running. I'm a bit intimidated about the install but I think I can get through it. I have to say that Chris at CPR is great. He gave me a lot of pointers for the install and that definitely boosted my confidence level. Thanks Chris!

I'm looking forward to no longer having to remove 12 screws and an airbox lid to get to the filter. Not to mention dropping 6-8 lbs once the airbox and SAS system is removed! I'm already running a Shorai lithium battery so I've shaved a few lbs there too. This bikes is going to be one lean mean machine!

The Griz screwed with this post 10-07-2013 at 12:41 PM Reason: 12 screws not 13
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #150
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyADV View Post
Seems they are doing some updates to the webpage, looking for the dimensions on the filter and doghouse.

/Johan
What kind of dimensions are you looking for? Anything we can help you with?
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote