Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
Tumper72
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters2 View Post
That's exactly my goal, being able to run a full tank dry without the butt screaming for mercy and the jewels going numb.

Will post lots of pictures and a ride report when it arrives (probably a couple weeks).
Where is this post with lots of pictures????

Mine should be here tomorrow...
Tumper72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #17
ktrout01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrout01 View Post
Took the plunge, ordered the seat, it'll be here in a couple weeks. I'll post pics and a report once I get it.
Back ordered for another month, maybe. grrr I guess I'm going to CroMag on the stock seat. Bummer

2003 BMW F650GS
ktrout01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #18
ktrout01
Studly Adventurer

I got the seat a couple weeks ago and it is a HUGE improvement over the stock seat ! I had the low seat so I gained about 1 1/2" of seat height but I can still flat foot the bike. Having a 30" inseam can be a bitch at times. The seat material is very nice with almost a velour texture to the rider area. The pillion area is a different material and has great grip. There are 2 built in d-rings on each side of the pillion with covers over them to keep them out of site when not in use. I've got about 500 miles on the seat and so far so good.

2003 BMW F650GS
Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #19
thephillykid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
11,000 miles

The seat is worth every penny. I just did a 2 month 11k trip across the country on this seat. For me, it broke in around 5k. I was pulling lots of 8 hour days. when that would happen I would supplement my comfort with a sheepskin cover.

if you have questions about this seat, I'm the person to ask.
thephillykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #20
Dubl-A
MADE IN BURQUE

Oddometer: 1,438
I have a heated one on my 12' Tiger800XC.

I completed a 1100mi trip with little issues. I do agree the seat is on the firm side but worked beautifully for my jewels. The stock seat forced me on my bag, this one lets you sit flat.

On a side note, my wife said the pillion seat is a night and day difference from stock. I would recommend the seat.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #21
Polish Pie Rider
Ryan G.

Oddometer: 16
I put the seat on my Vstrom and I was surprized how uncomfortable it was. I really wanted to like it. I'm going to tread lightly here but I'am also amazed [and suspicious] that someone would recommend this seat for long distance riding. I know that a seat is a personnel choise but the Saddleman seat defies common sense. I don't claim to be a seat engineer but a good seat design should distribute your weight evenly over a large a surface as possible. The saddleman seat is mainly 2 hard rails of foam. You sit on these 2 rails and your tail bones take most of your weight causing some serious hot spots. The seat padding is very hard and thin for the passenger. It breaks in only slightly. The space in the middle will not relieve pressure on your tail bone because you don't sink into the seat enough. Also, it doesn't fit as tightly against the Vstrom tank as the stock seat does. There is an annoying 1 inch space there.

I'm sure that there are some folks who just love the seat but I'm positive they are in the minority. Also, the claim that the passenger part is comfortable issimply not true unless you work for Saddleman or you love bed sores. There is a reason the seat only costs $360. Make sure you buy it from an outfit that will take it back.
Polish Pie Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #22
ktrout01
Studly Adventurer

I took some pictures this morning.

Gap at the front lip isn't too bad. It allows room for the tank bag straps.

D Rings under pillion flaps

2003 BMW F650GS
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #23
iamafr8dog
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Saddlemen seat

I just ordered one of these seats for my 08 GSA. Just wondering if you guys have any further updates since you have had the seat for awhile.
iamafr8dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #24
thephillykid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
yeah, its still awesome

havent read the threads in months, just read dudes reply up top. he has a right to dislike, but trust me, he's wrong..once it breaks in, its amazing. give it time to break in with a sheepskin over it.

and mine fits right to the tank, no clue what hes talking about there (vstrom).
thephillykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #25
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,886
How is it on the tailbone?

That's where my pain is (from a childhood injury).
Old 06-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #26
kottomack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPADREX View Post
How is it on the tailbone?

That's where my pain is (from a childhood injury).
It does not touch the tailbone, this seat was my last attempt to find something I could sit on for more then 2 hours. By the way it's on a 2012 G650Gs. I can only recommend this thing, it does look funky. But work it does
The dude that says it's like sitting on 2 rails more then likely is
got about 800 miles on it, very happy
kottomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #27
PhilfromPhilly
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Just bought one

Just bought one for my 2012 GSA. Only put about 50 miles on it to date but so far the boys feel good. I did notice pretty big height difference between BMW's low seat and the saddleman low version. At least 1/2 to 3/4" increase. Called saddleman and they did say that it will get a little better (compress) as it breaks in. Great fit and finish. I ordered the heated version but not the time of year to test that out. Will let you know as the miles add up.
PhilfromPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #28
GooseRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Have 4000 miles on mine. Fantastic seat. Only downside is the need for a cover. But I can live with that.

The seat is a little higher than stock. I have a normal and run it in the high position (34" inseam). Estimate that the ground is about 1" further away than stock. Can no longer flat foot, but I am fine with that. Like the less bent legs.

I bought it and the next day went on a 12 day trip. Never an issue.
GooseRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #29
GooseRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Forgot to add, that it is not wide like Sargent, Corbin etc. makes it very good also for offroad. That was the main reason I chose this seat. That and the great comfort from day one.
GooseRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #30
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseRider View Post
Have 4000 miles on mine. Fantastic seat. Only downside is the need for a cover. But I can live with that.

The seat is a little higher than stock. I have a normal and run it in the high position (34" inseam). Estimate that the ground is about 1" further away than stock. Can no longer flat foot, but I am fine with that. Like the less bent legs.

I bought it and the next day went on a 12 day trip. Never an issue.
What do you mean "the need for a cover" ? Because of the channel which could collect water from rain? Or was there a problem with the seat cover and needed replaced? Or you can't ride it without a sheepskin/other cover over it?
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote