Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #46
EetsOK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post

As modern takes go, this one is hard to top.
Looks like an Indian Scout knock off with an inferior powerplant.....
Old 07-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #47
Waco
Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer: 14,967
It looks like somebody stole the engine and left a minibike engine in its place as a joke.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #48
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 3,968
Form follows function.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #49
Garbln
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
Check out the "Flying Merkle" build in the "Some assembly required forum" If you want to see a real roadworthy boardtracker that's actually ridden quite often.
Garbln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #50
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
custom honda board tracker build

do it yourself honda board tracker

moto-scoot bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #51
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Home made board track bike

I LIKE

Old 07-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #52
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-scoot bill View Post
I LIKE

Now, that's more like it, but maybe a bit more engine there. You know a vertical 80-150 air cooled single with a CV belt drive would make it pretty cool.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #53
blaine.hale
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,889
I have to agree with everyone else. Why make such a beautiful bike then throw a weed whacker engine in it? Grow a pair. The guys riding these original board trackers had the balls of a titans with the motors they were running.
1969 Bultaco Bandido MK2
2013 Husqvarna Terra TR650
blaine.hale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #54
P B G
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,996
Quote:
HERE IS ANOTHER COMPANY I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING......LOCATED IN THE USA BUILDING CUSTOM BOARD TRACKER STYLE BIKES.....http://www.janusmotorcycles.com/Janu...cles/Home.html

Do they have any complete bikes? They have some line drawings, one is a clean looking Sach's Moped/Cafe Racer looking thing, but its just a line drawing of a frame?
P B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #55
Aghartha
Awesome

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
jesus christ is my lord and savior......seems that taking his name in vain makes you the real idiot.
I haven't called you an idiot yet, settle down. I just said that bike was hideous.

Aghartha screwed with this post 07-09-2012 at 07:30 PM
Aghartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #56
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer

a real u.s. made vintage replica motorcycle

hi guys,

as i was saying before about the new start-up company based in indiana named JANUS MOTORCYCLES being the real deal......here is a recent letter we received at Moto-Scoot :

Devin Biek spoke with you about our company, Janus Motorcycles, last weekend up at Graham's wedding and asked that I forward you some information about the company and our product. We are very excited to get some of our bikes in your showroom. We are an American manufacturer of modern, small displacement bikes that harken back to iconic eras of motorcycling history. Our goal has been to produce a line of stylish, light-weight motorcycles that are universally appealing to and operable by a new generation of male and female riders. We are currently in production of our first model, the Halcyon, an homage to 1920s and 30s record-breakers; Brough Superior, Indian, Triumph, and Zenith, to name a few...

We design and build everything by hand here in Goshen, Indiana, including the frame, fuel tank, exhaust system, leather seat and saddlebags, handlebars, pin-striping, wiring harness, and all the additional brackets and components that make up the complete motorcycle. We use CG125 rims and brakes manufactured to our specifications, EBR hydraulic front forks, and a great Spanish-designed 2-stroke motor. The engine is a water-cooled, 6-speed unit that produces about 12hp in stock form. Every bike comes with both kick and electric start, as well as an oil injection system. Turn indicators, high and low beam, speedometer, and mirrors insure safe operation on all but limited access highways.
Janus Motorcycles is a federally licensed vehicle manufacturer and each of our bikes comes with a VIN number and is DOT approved, titled, and road-legal. Although the stock Halcyon is 50cc it does require a motorcycle permit and registration in most states, as it uses a manual transmission and exceeds 25mph. My co-founder, Richard Worsham and I have fifteen years combined experience in the custom bike and hand-made performance parts industry for vintage mopeds and motorcycles. My previous business, Motion Left Mopeds is the largest hand-made performance parts manufacturer for vintage mopeds in the country.

We offer numerous customization options including anything from colour, pin-striping, and leather choices, to handlebars, seats, engine, carburetor and exhaust upgrades. MSRP for the Halcyon is $5,800.

Sincerely,
Richard Worsham

Janus Motorcycles
211 South Fifth Street
Goshen, Indiana 46528
W: www.janusmotorcycles.com
E: rgworsham@janusmotorcycles.com
P: (574) 538-8787

Old 07-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #57
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer

janus motorcycles usa

Old 07-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #58
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer

janus motorcycles made in the usa

Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #59
moto-scoot bill OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
hi guys,

as i was saying before about the new start-up company based in indiana named JANUS MOTORCYCLES being the real deal......here is a recent letter we received at Moto-Scoot :

Devin Biek spoke with you about our company, Janus Motorcycles, last weekend up at Graham's wedding and asked that I forward you some information about the company and our product. We are very excited to get some of our bikes in your showroom. We are an American manufacturer of modern, small displacement bikes that harken back to iconic eras of motorcycling history. Our goal has been to produce a line of stylish, light-weight motorcycles that are universally appealing to and operable by a new generation of male and female riders. We are currently in production of our first model, the Halcyon, an homage to 1920s and 30s record-breakers; Brough Superior, Indian, Triumph, and Zenith, to name a few...

We design and build everything by hand here in Goshen, Indiana, including the frame, fuel tank, exhaust system, leather seat and saddlebags, handlebars, pin-striping, wiring harness, and all the additional brackets and components that make up the complete motorcycle. We use CG125 rims and brakes manufactured to our specifications, EBR hydraulic front forks, and a great Spanish-designed 2-stroke motor. The engine is a water-cooled, 6-speed unit that produces about 12hp in stock form. Every bike comes with both kick and electric start, as well as an oil injection system. Turn indicators, high and low beam, speedometer, and mirrors insure safe operation on all but limited access highways.
Janus Motorcycles is a federally licensed vehicle manufacturer and each of our bikes comes with a VIN number and is DOT approved, titled, and road-legal. Although the stock Halcyon is 50cc it does require a motorcycle permit and registration in most states, as it uses a manual transmission and exceeds 25mph. My co-founder, Richard Worsham and I have fifteen years combined experience in the custom bike and hand-made performance parts industry for vintage mopeds and motorcycles. My previous business, Motion Left Mopeds is the largest hand-made performance parts manufacturer for vintage mopeds in the country.

We offer numerous customization options including anything from colour, pin-striping, and leather choices, to handlebars, seats, engine, carburetor and exhaust upgrades. MSRP for the Halcyon is $5,800.

Sincerely,
Richard Worsham

Janus Motorcycles
211 South Fifth Street
Goshen, Indiana 46528
W: www.janusmotorcycles.com
E: rgworsham@janusmotorcycles.com
P: (574) 538-8787

Old 07-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #60
EetsOK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Jeezuz...that (j)ANUS sure took a beating from the ugly stick.