Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #31
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonoklass View Post
When the heated seat on my R1200CLC stopped working, BMW gave me a brand spankin' new R1200GS!
Now that's just silly. The cost of stuff like that is shared among ALL BMW owners, which goes some way to explaining the reaming that goes on...
Old 07-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #32
aarlint OP
noob rider

Oddometer: 53
Sorry everyone! And thanks for your feedback. I hope triumph is listening. I have been in Zion national park all weekend and didnt get a chance to hop on here.

In regards to the issue being isolated to only one dealer that isnt exactly true. I purchased my tiger from a dealer in northern salt lake who has since gone out of business. So I took it to the southern salt lake dealer. TRIUMPH of sandy.

Thanks for all the good advice. Its incredible that "they" feel ok with having a new bike in the shop for 3+ months. If I knew that triumph would be this bad at customer service, I wouldnt have taken a chance on 'em.

Unfortunately its not proximity of the other key.

Right now the 2nd immobilizer is throwing an error that the dealer has never seen and neither has service headquarters in the US. They are discussing things with the UK right now. As for me, Im going to make sure they know im serious about getting a new bike, or my money back.

aarlint screwed with this post 07-10-2012 at 08:17 AM
aarlint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #33
WormShanks
b00b

Oddometer: 347
I'm still curious if you were getting new keys along with the new immobilizer units. It seems possible that a bad key would explain what you were seeing, especially if the same key was used throughout your ordeal.

Ridden: AF AM AW AU AT AZ BS BH BD BB BY BW BV BR IO BN BG BF BI KH CM CA CZ DK SV GQ ER EE ET FK GI GR GP VA HN HK HU IS IN ID IR IQ KI KP KG LA LV LB LU NR NP NL AN NC NZ NI NE NO OM PK PR QA RE RO RU RW LC VC WS SM ST TM TC TV UG UA AE GB US UY UZ VU YE
WormShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #34
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,468
I ask again: Can you not just remove the immobilizer? Your best bet now is to have somebody steal the POS. Motorcycles should be SIMPLE. They SHOULD vibrate (a little?). They should HAVE kick starters. These are not Boeing 777's, they're fucking motorcycles! Triumph is now on my "NO FUCKNG WAY" list, thanks solely to this thread. Hello Triumph.....are YOU listening???
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #35
roarin calhoun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Having been thru similar Hells with 2 new BMWs, I may just look up Tirumph's address & tell'm what I think of the bs they are putting fellow rider 'aarlint' thru. Obviously,Triumph doesn't give a damn.Obviously. Maybe lots of us should . Might help the entire motorcycling public. Can somebody post a contact (email) link to Triumph ? Raise hell. Love my Tenere. Boy, do I. Thanks, Japan.
roarin calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #36
aarlint OP
noob rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormShanks View Post
I'm still curious if you were getting new keys along with the new immobilizer units. It seems possible that a bad key would explain what you were seeing, especially if the same key was used throughout your ordeal.
As far as I can tell they have been able to reset the keys to match the incoming immobilizers. Maybe a new key is the fix? That would mean a whole new ignition system right?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #37
aarlint OP
noob rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
I ask again: Can you not just remove the immobilizer? Your best bet now is to have somebody steal the POS. Motorcycles should be SIMPLE. They SHOULD vibrate (a little?). They should HAVE kick starters. These are not Boeing 777's, they're fucking motorcycles! Triumph is now on my "NO FUCKNG WAY" list, thanks solely to this thread. Hello Triumph.....are YOU listening???
Lyle
That was my first thought... Why in the hell do I need an immobilizer... like someone is going to copy my key and start my bike? Why not just load it in a truck! But its part of the warranty ... i cant just remove it or the warranty becomes void... plus... how would I even go about that?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #38
aarlint OP
noob rider

I just received this email after asking about any mandatory arbitration and the status of my motorcycle! How are accessories going to make up for lost riding time?

""
Thank you for your email. I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your motorcycle. I assure you that we are working on getting a permanent repair for it. In the meantime I will offer you a warranty extension, and some accessories and or clothing items as compensation for your inconvenience. Once the bike is completely repaired, we can discuss the compensation items.

Thank you.
""
Old 07-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #39
skysailor
Rat Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarlint View Post
That was my first thought... Why in the hell do I need an immobilizer... like someone is going to copy my key and start my bike? Why not just load it in a truck! But its part of the warranty ... i cant just remove it or the warranty becomes void... plus... how would I even go about that?
Would that nullify the wonderful warrantee that has kept you on the road? What "warrantee" is it exactly of which you speak?

I used to own a Harley. Had the "factory" installed "security" feature made into a paper weight.

Does the dealer not have something you can borrow?
Lyle
Old 07-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #40
skysailor
Rat Rider

Quote:
I just received this email after asking about any mandatory arbitration and the status of my motorcycle! How are accessories going to make up for lost riding time?

""
Thank you for your email. I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your motorcycle. I assure you that we are working on getting a permanent repair for it. In the meantime I will offer you a warranty extension, and some accessories and or clothing items as compensation for your inconvenience. Once the bike is completely repaired, we can discuss the compensation items.

Thank you.
""
FACK!!! I'd demand hookers and beer! And, a replacement bike!
Lyle
Old 07-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #41
aarlint OP
noob rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Would that nullify the wonderful warrantee that has kept you on the road? What "warrantee" is it exactly of which you speak?

I used to own a Harley. Had the "factory" installed "security" feature made into a paper weight.

Does the dealer not have something you can borrow?
Lyle
Your logic is undeniable!

I asked the dealer but they said they didnt have anything at the moment. That was a few weeks ago though... so I should probably ask again.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #42
aarlint OP
noob rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarin calhoun View Post
Having been thru similar Hells with 2 new BMWs, I may just look up Tirumph's address & tell'm what I think of the bs they are putting fellow rider 'aarlint' thru. Obviously,Triumph doesn't give a damn.Obviously. Maybe lots of us should . Might help the entire motorcycling public. Can somebody post a contact (email) link to Triumph ? Raise hell. Love my Tenere. Boy, do I. Thanks, Japan.
The service department headquarters rep Im dealing with is peter carleo. His email is Peter.Carleo@triumphmotorcycles.com maybe if he gets enough feedback he will
Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #43
aarlint OP
noob rider

If anyone has a better email than the one above please feel free to express your concerns to them. My email is aarlint+triumph@gmail.com if you want more info and my name is austin arlint if you would like to reference me. The case number is 15402. Let me know how it goes.

aarlint screwed with this post 07-10-2012 at 03:29 PM
Old 07-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #44
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,313
Quote:

""

Thank you.
""
Um yea, that email response would be the trigger to send me right over the fucking edge. Translation -> "How can we bribe you into forgetting about our responsibilities." Translation #2 -> "We can bend you over 3 years out with an extended warranty".

My Tiger is the most pleasurable motorcycle to ride I've ever owned. Never get tired of throwing a leg over. But, as mentioned before if I read a thread like this before I purchased there is a good chance I'd be riding something else.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #45
skysailor
Rat Rider

I'll email the guy.
BUT
There's a lesson here kids! A lot of us like to dump on H-D. Kind of like a sport....BUT......you will find nothing but dealers who will bend over backwards to keep you on the road (exception....Lone Star H-D in Winnipeg Canada!) There is nothing that compares to the customer service you get from these guys! This is not a sales pitch.....BUT......they make a pretty quality machine......and......they back it up.
Lyle