Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #61
NeQeL

Oddometer: 2
Changed my Mind in Utah

I have been thinking and researching bikes for a month now and was going to head down to Sandy to possibly walk away with a triumph tiger. Needless to say I am not going to now. I am just great full I found this post before I took the plunge and bought one. I am thinking BMW instead.

Hopefully you get everything resolved.
regards
another Utah Rider
NeQeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #62
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeQeL View Post
I am thinking BMW instead.
If this one thread has turned you off of Triumph, then it's probably not a good idea for you to read any of the numerous BMW service complaint threads.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #63
WormShanks
b00b

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarlint View Post
As far as I can tell they have been able to reset the keys to match the incoming immobilizers. Maybe a new key is the fix? That would mean a whole new ignition system right?
I don't think you would need a new ignition system, just a new key cut to match your old one and then pair it up to the immobilizer. It's extremely unlikely that multiple replacement parts would all be bad.... Dealer should look at parts (e.g. key) that aren't changing.

Good luck!

Ridden: AF AM AW AU AT AZ BS BH BD BB BY BW BV BR IO BN BG BF BI KH CM CA CZ DK SV GQ ER EE ET FK GI GR GP VA HN HK HU IS IN ID IR IQ KI KP KG LA LV LB LU NR NP NL AN NC NZ NI NE NO OM PK PR QA RE RO RU RW LC VC WS SM ST TM TC TV UG UA AE GB US UY UZ VU YE
WormShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #64
aarlint OP
noob rider

Oddometer: 53
Call to peter caleo

Peter at service headquarters said that they have instructed the dealer to take parts (which ones I asked and he said he didnt know) off of a bike at the dealership and put them on my bike. Something which I suggested months ago. I hope it works. I am excited to just have progress.

Oh I also asked if triumph had any mandatory arbitration which is required to do before filing for lemon law stuff. He said that there wasnt any. So now I really can move ahead with the lemon law stuff!
aarlint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #65
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Oddometer: 1,265
Sounds like they have it backwards. They should take parts off your bike and put them on a showroom model. One part for sure would be your license plate!
mrprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #66
NeQeL

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
If this one thread has turned you off of Triumph, then it's probably not a good idea for you to read any of the numerous BMW service complaint threads.
Uninstalling Internets
NeQeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #67
coast range rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
Sounds like they have it backwards. They should take parts off your bike and put them on a showroom model. One part for sure would be your license plate!
coast range rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #68
yokesman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 450
IF you think going to another manufacture(BMW) will fix your future problem read this in thumpers that is currently running for the same time duration.
www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805891, also there are some to be found for the remaining manufactures if you want to dig enough.
yokesman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #69
aarlint OP
noob rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokesman View Post
IF you think going to another manufacture(BMW) will fix your future problem read this in thumpers that is currently running for the same time duration.
www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805891, also there are some to be found for the remaining manufactures if you want to dig enough.
If you read that story you see that the bike was no longer under warranty. My bike was off of the lot for 4 months when this started.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #70
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Old 07-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #71
Geology Rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 461
I sent an email to peter about this and told him I will not spend any of my million dollar bucks on a triumph, unless they do the right thing for you.

Joe
Geology Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #72
aarlint OP
noob rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedxt View Post
I sent an email to peter about this and told him I will not spend any of my million dollar bucks on a triumph, unless they do the right thing for you.

Joe
Can you spend your million dollar bucks on me?! ... but really... thanks for your support. It isnt right what they are doing.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #73
roarin calhoun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
aarlent, I just emailed that Triumph guy you linked to a couple pages back. Suggested that Triumph's screwing you for 3 months is getting around(ADVrider). As a former BMW owner(RT,GS12) I expressed my view that buying European is insanity. Tenere owner here(Suzuki,other Yamahas & Hondas too--love'm all). A link to Triumph's home office would be nice. Good luck.I've been in your shoes--stinkie place to be. Never again.
roarin calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #74
Geology Rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarlint View Post
Can you spend your million dollar bucks on me?! ... but really... thanks for your support. It isnt right what they are doing.
Haha...i didnt say million dollar bucks in the email. But i did tell him i wouldnt buy the orange 800xc at my local dealer like i was planning.

Good luck!
Joe
Geology Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #75
aarlint OP
noob rider

The dealer has refused the request to take parts off of showroom bikes to troubleshoot mine. This is just fantastic Now the dealer is telling me she is sick of dealing with this and doesnt get reimbursed for her time working on the bike until this is all over. So she is obviously not motivated to work on it. She also said they dont have a loaner for me. This is so ridiculous. Im starting the lemon law stuff first thing manana.