Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #76
roarin calhoun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
aarlint, have you gotten in touch with Triumph's home office & raised HELL ? Called your state's attorney general's office??? DO THAT ! My perils with BMW were quite similar. After 4 dealers & being told my BMW's MANY problems were due to my "anatomy"(my German American anatomy at that) and to the low wages BMW pays mechanics(they told me that) I raised hell with BMW's home office. It took a LOT of doing but it worked. Gosh, your experience sounds familiar. Yamaha Tenere here, happy camper.
roarin calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #77
aarlint OP
noob rider

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarin calhoun View Post
aarlint, have you gotten in touch with Triumph's home office & raised HELL ? Called your state's attorney general's office??? DO THAT ! My perils with BMW were quite similar. After 4 dealers & being told my BMW's MANY problems were due to my "anatomy"(my German American anatomy at that) and to the low wages BMW pays mechanics(they told me that) I raised hell with BMW's home office. It took a LOT of doing but it worked. Gosh, your experience sounds familiar. Yamaha Tenere here, happy camper.
If home office is the office in the UK... then that is a negative. Its hard because i work all day and by the time im home to make personal calls... well everyone is closed. Ill try to do it in the morning tomorrow.
aarlint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #78
PiJiL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarlint View Post
The dealer has refused the request to take parts off of showroom bikes to troubleshoot mine. This is just fantastic Now the dealer is telling me she is sick of dealing with this and doesnt get reimbursed for her time working on the bike until this is all over. So she is obviously not motivated to work on it. She also said they dont have a loaner for me. This is so ridiculous. Im starting the lemon law stuff first thing manana.
No customer service there at all.

Fucking grumpy pos
PiJiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #79
anodyne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Have you "found" them on Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/TriumphNorthAmerica

I'm not a Facebook user, but I've heard of some customer service issues resolved by posting to corporate pages. Likely can't link back to this thread but that would be amusing.

Sorry to hear about your issue. I had a number of issues with a BMW F800GS and tried to discuss the matter with BMW corporate. They could have attempted to do the right thing (simply extending warranty a bit would have been a nice gesture), but they told me to have a nice day. I no longer have any desire to own another BMW product. Pretty easy.

Triumph deserves a kick in the nuts for this behavior. I hope they do the right thing, but it looks like they have already blown it. I was thinking a Triumph Street Triple might be fun addition, but there are other great options. I'm super happy with my Yamaha ST and hope I never need to speak with any Yamaha suits. If past history with Yamaha (and Honda for that matter) is any indication, there won't be a need. I hope you get back on the road soon. I understand how it feels to have a bike down for a prolonged period.
anodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #80
Gooner
DC 43

Oddometer: 120
Would it do any good to start e-mailing links to this thread to other Triumph dealers here in the US and Canada? From many of the comments here, looks like a lot of them are losing prospective buyers based on the ineptitude of aarlint's stealer. A few WTF?!? Calls to Triumph HQ might get them more motivated to get this done.
Gooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #81
booth99
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Linked to FB!
booth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #82
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiJiL View Post
No customer service there at all.

Fucking grumpy pos
+1
Sounds like crappy dealer. Hope they enjoy the missed sales their attitude will cost them.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #83
hecpilot
Dreaming of my trip...

Oddometer: 47
It sounds like a lot of this problem is with the dealer. Lemon law time.
hecpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #84
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,146
Just sent an email.

I think it is time to involve Hinckley, can anyone supply an email address for head office in the UK ?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:46 AM   #85
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
How many ppl here have decided not to buy a triumph because of this thread ? The profit lost has to already out weight the money they would lose by doing right and giving him a "free" bike and something for all his riding time lost. Where I live in NY we get 5 months of good riding if we're lucky if I was bikeless for three of them I would be very unhappy. I am already unhappy for the OP.
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #86
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,311
Quote:
The dealer has refused the request to take parts off of showroom bikes to troubleshoot mine. This is just fantastic Now the dealer is telling me she is sick of dealing with this and doesnt get reimbursed for her time working on the bike until this is all over. So she is obviously not motivated to work on it. She also said they dont have a loaner for me. This is so ridiculous. Im starting the lemon law stuff first thing manana.
This makes resolution of the issue very difficult. When the dealer is not on board with getting the customer satisfaction, you are already swimming upstream.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #87
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,529
Quote:
I am speechless. This dealer happily takes your money, but whines that she is "sick of dealing with this". Triumph should fire her as a dealer.
Aarilint, you have got to be the most easy going no violent person I've ever heard of. I would have snapped if that bitch had the balls to say that. Please pass those words of wisdom on to Peter. What a stupid bitch.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #88
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarin calhoun View Post
buying European is insanity. Tenere owner here(Suzuki,other Yamahas & Hondas too--love'm all).
buying euro means more potential error definitely, but i wonder if dealer support is any better with japanese bikes. KLR stories with the bad cylinder and no help come to mind. KTM actually is pretty good for after purchase support as they are trying to play catch up with their reputation. They have a tech who flys around and fixes bikes. Maybe there are brands with so few problems that they don't have a good repair system in place so that when something does pop up yur screwed, double edged sword or something
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #89
booth99
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
From the Thiuumph Facebook page, hope everything works out for the OP!

Quote:
Folks, Thank you for your posts. We have been watching this issue very closely. We are going to make the situation right today. I will be in contact with the customer before noon local time. Thank you for your concerns, and for your interest in our brand.
booth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #90
aarlint OP
noob rider

Oddometer: 53
[QUOTE=Rob Dirt;19111892This dealer happily takes your money, but whines that she is "sick of dealing with this". [/QUOTE]

I posted a while back that in reality she never saw a dime of the sale. I bought my bike from a dealer further north that got shut down. She has actually been very nice about this whole thing. I would expect her to do as the manufacturer asks but I can understand her not wanting to deal with it. Of course she will get paid for all her service time by the manufacturer at the end. And according to the post above it looks as if that end is near.
aarlint is offline   Reply With Quote