Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #16
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarxer View Post
Hi Dale, I'm looking for a coms system from rider to passenger on a sidecarcross outfit. So it doesn't have to have a long range...unless 1 or other falls off and can't really have PTT, the passenger is usually too busy to look for a PTT button. Noise cancelling option could be good too as sometimes passengers can scream like a bitch
Seriously, very keen to see what is available as we train passengers from time to time and it could prove valuable.
Cant cancel ALL the screaming out for ya but a pair of BT headsets is likely the best option for you.

BikeComm HOLA S twin pack at $300 will get you up to 20m and last 12-hrs of continuos talktime
2.5hrs charging from dead flat (they actually tell you in english what battery capacity is left when you turn them off )

OR if you NEVER want to charge the headsets go with a StarCom1 Advance KITB at $340 but you will have wires to the helmets, the connectors are safety type ones that will pop apart in the (unlikely) event that you go too far

Give us a ring if you need some help or advice
DMME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #17
sidecarxer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMME View Post
Cant cancel ALL the screaming out for ya but a pair of BT headsets is likely the best option for you.

BikeComm HOLA S twin pack at $300 will get you up to 20m and last 12-hrs of continuos talktime
2.5hrs charging from dead flat (they actually tell you in english what battery capacity is left when you turn them off )

OR if you NEVER want to charge the headsets go with a StarCom1 Advance KITB at $340 but you will have wires to the helmets, the connectors are safety type ones that will pop apart in the (unlikely) event that you go too far

Give us a ring if you need some help or advice
Thankyou...will call when project gets closer. Cheers.
sidecarxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:20 AM   #18
bully1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,836
Hi Dale, looking for a setup for sidecar.........rider to passenger, UHF radio ( most likely full size unit ), music to headsets from phone, as well as phone.

Hardwired preferred and leads to helmets rather than bluetooth, trying to keep it as simple as possible, bit like me.

looking forward to your solution.

cheers Bully.
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #19
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

Hi Bully
Easy done . StarCom1 Advance KitB ($340) or Digital KitB ($480) as a base, the KITB includes 2 headsets, add a BTM-02 Bluetooth module for the phone ($140) - it does muisc in stereo to both helmets as well as auto answers those pesky "i"thingies
The UHF will need a PTT ($40) and an interface cable ($60). If you already have one I just need to know the make and model or add about $400 for the radio and an aerial.

The Digital is the easiest to hook up - power direct from battery then it has a switched power out to drive the BTM and UHF for you. they'll switch on and off when the riders headset gets pluggeed in . If its a BMtroubleU theres no worries with CANBUS.
The Advance powers direct from battery too but doesnt have the switched outlet so you need ignition switched power for the BTM and UHF.

give us a ring if you need to
Old 01-09-2014, 05:08 AM   #20
bully1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMME View Post
Hi Bully
Easy done . StarCom1 Advance KitB ($340) or Digital KitB ($480) as a base, the KITB includes 2 headsets, add a BTM-02 Bluetooth module for the phone ($140) - it does muisc in stereo to both helmets as well as auto answers those pesky "i"thingies
The UHF will need a PTT ($40) and an interface cable ($60). If you already have one I just need to know the make and model or add about $400 for the radio and an aerial.

The Digital is the easiest to hook up - power direct from battery then it has a switched power out to drive the BTM and UHF for you. they'll switch on and off when the riders headset gets pluggeed in . If its a BMtroubleU theres no worries with CANBUS.
The Advance powers direct from battery too but doesnt have the switched outlet so you need ignition switched power for the BTM and UHF.

give us a ring if you need to

kit arrived today took longer to fit the headsets in the helmets than to hook up the unit, all set up and working a treat happy wife = happy life

cheers Dale, another happy customer.....referrals on the way.
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #21
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

no problem
Old 01-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #22
Jdeks
Departed

Oddometer: 937
Can I add some of my own feedback with Dale here?

I've had the same Starcom1 Advance system now since I think 2009. First on a Transalp, then on my current KTM 950. It's done 100 000km, easy, and a fair few of those has been very rough and very dusty.

Still works like the day I got it. Which surprises even me, because I've done my best to try and kill it. Seriously. They're durable, tough units.

The only issues I've ever had has been cables and headsets chewed out due to fair wear and tear (or submersion...), and alternator interference, which Dale was very helpful in helping diagnose and fix. He's absolutely brilliant in terms of customer service, sending out wiring diagrams for me to attempt to fix it myself, and then mailing out the replacement part (modified slightly to keep the water out better, too) post-haste when it all goes horribly wrong.

Dale himself is actually the main reason I plan to stick with Starcom if I ever do kill this one - he knows what he's doing and he does it very well.

So yea. 10/10.
Jdeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #23
Pootrol
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Hi Dale,

The same as everyone else, I Think i am Avter the Starcom system. i wuold like it to have the ability to connect to Music via bloothtooth, take and answer calls, and most importantly, connect to a UHF and have a Push to talk function that i can attatch to the handlebar, I will require Two of these systems for BMW F650's. Would it be possible to request a quote for such a system?

Kind regards
Dominic
Pootrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #24
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootrol View Post
Hi Dale,

The same as everyone else, I Think i am Avter the Starcom system. i wuold like it to have the ability to connect to Music via bloothtooth, take and answer calls, and most importantly, connect to a UHF and have a Push to talk function that i can attatch to the handlebar, I will require Two of these systems for BMW F650's. Would it be possible to request a quote for such a system?

Kind regards
Dominic
PM sent
Old 02-25-2014, 03:38 AM   #25
Trekka273
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
For anyone looking for assistance with their communication requirements, I could not recommend Dale's services more highly. I have just recently returned from a three week trip of Tasmania. On the Thursday night before my departure, I damaged the wiring loom that Dale had previously made for me. I sent Dale an email late that night with a request that he urgently make me a new loom. After a couple of text messages and an early morning phone call on Friday, Dale advised that he could make the new loom for me and he would post it to the location of my first stop on my Tasmanian trip. Not only did Dale do a fantastic job with the manufacturing of the custom wiring loom, but he dropped everything else and made the loom straight away and got it out in express post on the same day so that it arrived in Tasmania at 8:30am on the Monday morning, some 11 hours before I arrived there!! I couldn't be happier and it certainly made my trip a whole lot easier to have the loom done so quickly. In addition to that, the quality of the work was fantastic and it was made to the exact dimensions that I supplied to Dale and fitted perfectly. Despite my offer to pay extra for priority service, Dale didn't charge me a cent extra for doing this so quickly. I can guarantee that I will be in touch whenever I look to update my communication system.
Trekka273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:44 PM   #26
raycam01_au
Sir Ray!

Oddometer: 1,067
Wink Hi Dale

how are you matey

blokes in the main forum said u da man to see about an intercom system, just purchased a ST1100 to do some interstate touring, and wanted to get something so i can chat to the pillion, listen to some music and hear the radio\gps.
absolute newbie with this sort of stuff, so i pressume you sell a kit, and if so is it basic enough for a layman to fit or better getting someone to fit it?

thanks in advance

Ray

2000 Honda ST1100
raycam01_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #27
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

Hi Ray

Easy done mate, StarCom1 Advance KITB is $400, that gets you 2 x headsets and an Ipod/MP3 input = talking and music.
Depending on the GPS you have or are getting, you may get the phone relayed through (Tom Tom Rider or Garmin Zumo 390 do it)
add UF 2 way later if you want too - plug and play.

Easy as self install, phone help if needed too

Give us a yell if need be

Dale
Old 05-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #28
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

DMME are pleased to announce we are now an authorised reseller of the Sena Bluetooth range of products.

With the combination of the StarCom1 wired systems and now the world leading Sena Bluetooth range we can cover any communication need and mix that our customers demand and want.

Exceptional back up service is still our aim, stock of products listed on the website is held for next working day delivery to virtually all of Australia.

Custom integration of UHF radios into any of our systems is no problem

For full details see www.dmme.com.au
Old 05-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #29
watagans300exc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Great stuff dale,

I'm going to order 3 units of the 20's, 1 dual pack and a single. what is your ETA??
watagans300exc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:07 AM   #30
DMME OP
Old Fart, Older Bike

Should be here by the end of next week
I'll post up here when they arrive