User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #1
f800kris OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Strange request, for utah area inmates, need a little help

I posted about this earlier somewhat. My wife and I have our 10yr anniv this year and plan on spending it in the utah\moab area. Arches, zion, and would even like to cruise to the grand canyon if time allows.

While there we want to see spend some time in town but views and quiet time are really what we are after. We have looked at renting a bike for the trip but it is stupid expensive!

My problem is that I have $750 in airfair that if I dont use I will loose it. So I have considered driving my truck with my bike in the back out to the area and leaving it and flying home. Then the next week flying back with my wife and getting the truck and bike and drive\ride where we want and drive back home. We will have seven days.

What I need is a safe place to park the truck for a week or so and a good idea of the best places to ride two up with some minor hiking and the best views.

If I cant work this out we will just fly out there and rent a car and do it I guess. I know this is a strange request but it doesnt hurt to ask I guess.
f800kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
f800kris OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Btw, my bike is a f800gs we will be riding on two up. So trails will need to be easy enough with her on the back.
f800kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #3
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Gotta be some motorcycle rental places around LV that have an adventure bike in their stable. Sounds like you're going to lot of trouble and making a lot of work for yourself just to burn a freebie plane ticket….
Some people will tell you that slow is good, and it may be on some days, but I am here to tell you that fast is better... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature
Badjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:28 AM   #4
mwatson
Haz-Mat

Oddometer: 28
There's a KTM dealer by the airport in Grandjuncion Co.
great guys got a good deal on badlands last time there.... im sure you can work a deal with them to store you bike for a week.. the airport has paid parking for your truck...
GJ is a great place to fly in to go to Moab...be sure to take 128 to get there or........any good back road..
good luck ... FYI if you have never been there you are about to state something you cant stop ... im in texas a go 4 time a year now..
hit the ranger station down town .. maps and info there great for the first time..by the time you make your 3rd and 4th trips .. you be going everywhere

there is a good guy to rent a bike from in Moab name is Jim...should be EZ to search....
congrats on 10 I hit 35 this month....
cheers
HAZ-MAT

2013 350 XC-W, 2013 500 XC-W, 2013 690 Rally,
2014 1190 ADV R
mwatson is offline   Reply With Quote