Originally Posted by Ruud109 View Post
What a nice thread! Enjoy your ride!
Groeten uit Nederland
Ruud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodje View Post
Reis van uit Nederland, via de digitale snelweg, met je mee,
Groetjes van uit Leeuwarden
Hey wat leuk, nu heb ik twee Nederlanders die me volgen!
Hey how fun, now I have two Dutch followers
Thanks to both of you. I left the Netherlands more than 30 years ago, but my folks and other family still live there.
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #137
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper770 View Post
Ok I got to ask whats in the pancakes?
Bananas, cranberries, Almond slivers, and apple.
topped with Agave raspberry syrup!
Everything a girl needs in the morning when she decides not to have oatmeal
Old 09-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #138
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyala View Post
Hah, small world, I've got a friend who's Frisian.
Seriously Fey, we've got to meet! I think I would enjoy sharing the road with you a while, we seem to have a lot in common.
How is the DR650 coming along? Got to sneak over to your RR again.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #139
Babydoll
Geeky Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Laugh Other bikers got your back!

You said it Nomad, our minds really do create a lot of ridiculous notions about failure. We have to remember that it's all in our heads! Love the name of your bike, and that you have a special teddy bear. Keep going, especially when the going gets tough.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #140
Babydoll
Geeky Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Talking Several things...

"Everyone in their own way is discovering a path to their true self."

What is it about men and speeding?"

"Life can be magical if you allow it to be so."

I'm making my way through your super awesome rr, don't forget that it's never a question of 'if' you'll drop the bike, but 'when', everybody does it! It's the true adventurers that pick it back up. Oh, and those quotes from you were my favorites...so far.

Love the red barns theme, I've always liked barns, they are like a lighthouse for the word "home".

Do you believe that the spirits of other people visit us or follow us sometimes? I ask you this because of your dream of your Grandmother, perhaps she is learning to ride an iron horse with you. Oh, and it's always nice to meet a fellow lucid dreamer! I think of the dream world as the world beyond the fishbowl, it's like when you look at the night sky and see the beginning of the real depth of the universe.

Here are some guides to safe mushrooms, please be careful, we all want to keep reading!

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushroo...safe-pik.shtml

http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/Mus...ssentials.html

I don't know if you have come through New Mexico yet, but it isn't called the Land of Enchantment for nothing! It is a beautiful and quiet place.

Also, we have a lot of motorcycle friendly parking, free or $10 campgrounds with proper toilets (paper and all ), villages with deep cultural backgrounds, and no toll roads!

Why dont you share some of your paintings with us?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #141
Feyala
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
Seriously Fey, we've got to meet! I think I would enjoy sharing the road with you a while, we seem to have a lot in common.
How is the DR650 coming along? Got to sneak over to your RR again.
Yeah, I think we'd have a blast. :) Also your pancakes sound delicious.

DR is doing alright, it's just finishing the luggage that's holding me back. Annoying, but necessary. I gotta carry all that crap somehow! Haha. I painted my bike this last week, including hand-painted designs, and it looks awesome. I'm going to be a bit sad the first time I drop it enough to mar the paint, but perhaps it will be a lesson in enjoying things while I have them and letting go.

I am hoping to be out of here by this weekend but if I had a dollar for every time I said that I would have enough gas money to last me quite a while! I'm closing in, in any case...
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #142
gunny_usmc
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejdrury View Post
It was awesome seeing another female out there, so glad you came with us! I take heart from your post that I too, will someday sucessfully pick my KLR up. Heck, I shoulda practiced this weekend with all the brawny guys around.:p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Maybe we shoulda had pete give us a class on proper KLR lifting technique, he seems to do it enough
1978 RD 400
" I'm flat out like a lizard drinking "
gunny_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #143
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
"Everyone in their own way is discovering a path to their true self."

What is it about men and speeding?"

"Life can be magical if you allow it to be so."

I'm making my way through your super awesome rr, don't forget that it's never a question of 'if' you'll drop the bike, but 'when', everybody does it! It's the true adventurers that pick it back up. Oh, and those quotes from you were my favorites...so far.

Love the red barns theme, I've always liked barns, they are like a lighthouse for the word "home".

Do you believe that the spirits of other people visit us or follow us sometimes? I ask you this because of your dream of your Grandmother, perhaps she is learning to ride an iron horse with you. Oh, and it's always nice to meet a fellow lucid dreamer! I think of the dream world as the world beyond the fishbowl, it's like when you look at the night sky and see the beginning of the real depth of the universe.

Here are some guides to safe mushrooms, please be careful, we all want to keep reading!

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushroo...safe-pik.shtml

http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/Mus...ssentials.html

I don't know if you have come through New Mexico yet, but it isn't called the Land of Enchantment for nothing! It is a beautiful and quiet place.

Also, we have a lot of motorcycle friendly parking, free or $10 campgrounds with proper toilets (paper and all ), villages with deep cultural backgrounds, and no toll roads!

Why dont you share some of your paintings with us?
Thanks for liking some of my quotes! Haha, that's a new one for me...... Also thanks for the mushroom links, I will safe a bunch of the photos on my laptop so I can compare.
As far as my grandma, I don't think of death as most people do, I don't think we die at all actually. There are so many realities, created by choices, (schroedinger's cat) that I feel my grandma is still around somewhere and in my dream I accessed that somewhere. The funny thing is my mom told me after the dream that my grandma always wanted to learn how to ride a horse, but only got to try once, fell off and broke her leg. I never knew that about her! So now she is somewhere and actually gets to learn how to.

I will be spending the winter months in the southern states, so I'm sure I'll make it to NM at some point.
As far as my paintings go, I am going to have to keep them to myself seeing as they have to do with a lucid dreaming project I started.
Thanks for being with me on my journey
Old 09-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #144
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny_usmc View Post
Maybe we shoulda had pete give us a class on proper KLR lifting technique, he seems to do it enough
LOL, poor Pete! He didn't drop the bike at all at Allegheny Forest though!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #145
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyala View Post
I painted my bike this last week, including hand-painted designs, and it looks awesome
Want to see what it looks like, post a pic will ya?
Heading south soon to North Carolina but enjoying staying with a friend here in Paris Virginia.
Thinking of doing a rally in Tennessee in October.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #146
NomadGal OP
Esther

I've been on the road for 4 months now, and even though I am no closer in discovering what it is that I like to do to earn a living,
I am realizing in what kind of a setting I would like to find myself in at the end of my journey.
I have always liked the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and was in awe of Bilbao's Baggins' home Lands End.
It is only while riding and having my thoughts to myself while enjoying the beautiful scenery, that I realized that not only do I love the design,
but that this is the home I envision myself to be in one day.

I love the idea of being one with my surroundings, and not obtusely sticking out in nature. Also being under the dirt and grass insulates the house.
Cool in the summers, and warm in the winters.
The inside of the house is just awesome, very warm and homey.
I've learned construction, carpentry, dry-walling, tiling, electric, plumbing, you name it, so I can easily build my own home.
Not too sure how to build the arched wooden supports, but i"m sure I'll either find out or have someone help me do them.

So now here I am, while on my ride I am envisioning my future home with everything in and around it.

Saw this stove in a restaurant in Leland Michigan, and envisioned it in my home.

This sun or something similar on the right side of my front door, and I will either make or purchase it with the moon and stars on the top and other side of the door.

So during my ride I will "collect" items for in my new home, and work on creating my future.
I'm artistic by nature, and now I just need the belief that I can sustain myself by being creative. Like I said not sure doing what exactly, but it will come to me.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #147
Feyala
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
I have always liked the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and was in awe of Bilbao's Baggins' home Lands End.
It is only while riding and having my thoughts to myself while enjoying the beautiful scenery, that I realized that not only do I love the design,
but that this is the home I envision myself to be in one day.
There are a couple houses similar to that which people have built.. I've always liked this one the best: http://www.simondale.net/house/

It's not exactly the same, but it encapsulates a sort of feeling that I like. :)

I will take photos of the bike and post them on my RR today, if the sky ever clears up.
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #148
NomadGal OP
Esther

I am heading out today to ride the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway toward North Carolina.
Staying here in Paris with my new friends Maria and Stinger was awesome! Maria is a novelist and Stinger is a biologist who runs ITIS at the Smithsonian, so they are both very knowledgeable and Stinger is a little like me, adventurous and such. Maria is a lucid dreamer too, and we talked about dreams and reality. It is always nice to meet and be with other lucid dreamers. Had a lucid dream the first night I stayed here! Yay!
She has a little dog called Arthur, and I tell you, he is smart! It looks like a human is looking at you and not a dog. He looks a little like those Star Wars creatures.

They live on a mountain ridge in Paris and deer are a daily occurrence

Took a picture with the three of us and Spirit

Yesterday while Maria was having a massage in Middleburg, I walked around the little touristy town for a bit.

LOL!!!

I found this really cool store in which I saw yet another item for my hobbit home.
Can you guess what these are?

They are tabletops! Huge heavy Italian stone table tops that have been hand painted and lacquered . Absolutely awesome. The round circular ones in the back are 5 feet in diameter.

Found a few cool sayings printed on platters.

Maria is a great cook, and for two nights I felt spoiled! But I have to say, I do like my camp food meals. Found packages of Tasty Bite Indian food, that are very small and you only need to open them up, pour it in a pan and heat!

I PMed Ivuoqf978 who had listed his home and yard on the tent list and where I can camp in his forest on the Blue Mountain Ridge. Awesome!!!
The day is warm and I am packing Spirit in a moment, looking forward to riding again.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #149
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,413
what are you plans near Asheville???
Old 09-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #150
Ivuoqf978
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Sounds like you'll be right at home at our place after seeing the pictures. We have a little maltese and live in the mountains with plenty of deer too. Look forward to seeing you shortly
Ivuoqf978 is offline   Reply With Quote