Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #1621
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
but you didn't tell how you became such a good cake decorator...and seamstress...i just can't imagine you sitting still for 25 years in hawaii after all the other stuff you've done.
Who says I sat still all those years??? Being a "single" mom was not letting me! Mike and I split up after a few years of marriage, but we remained good friends, living near each other and having the kids on alternate days. I went back to college while working and raising the kids. Got my AA degree and after years of working at a bank and being a software tutorial editor for SANS I decided I wasn't cut out for the 9-5 and picked up costuming for the theaters.
I learned to sew by watching my mom and by experimenting. As far as cake decorating goes, Kauai is small, but we do have a Ben Franklin there, and that's where I learned hoe to do that.
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #1622
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Now your starting to follow your intentions! That's how I got the Washington Property sista WoooHooo
Congrats Jim, I will have to come and look you up once you got things rolling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
The house with a round front door is gotta be a warm happy place to live!
I think so too, my heart just expands and fills me up with happiness every time I look at that photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseyboy View Post
If you like the hobbit houses, you'll probably enjoy the Mushroom houses in Charleviox Michigan. Just google them, very cool houses to see in person.
I googled it, and they are indeed cool houses, but they were not shaped like mushrooms at all!! I was expecting house more like the Smurf residence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arraflipper View Post
Looking forward to where ever you head to once things begin to thaw up north.
Me too!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #1623
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,601
Just as I thought. From your Bio it's clear you know how to get around and get along, into tight situations, and out of them again. Wahoooooo.

Happy New Year!
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #1624
Floyd111
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Happy New Year to all, especially to those who kept our sister mobile, safe, warm and fed over these years!
Floyd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #1625
mhild
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Happy new year Esther

Hope you have as good or better of a year as 2013 was........

Mike & Mary
mhild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #1626
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,777
Happy 2014. !

Yup, I sense that the year has 'turned'... going past the midpoint of winter. It is getting brighter down here !
Old 01-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #1627
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,578
you are a remarkable woman! Happy New Years :)
Old 01-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #1628
NomadGal OP
Esther

Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you all for making my 2013 so memorable!

Just out of curiosity, any cool New Year's resolutions out there?? Would love to hear them.
Mine is to finish what I start, and to believe that everything is possible!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #1629
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you all for making my 2013 so memorable!

Just out of curiosity, any cool New Year's resolutions out there?? Would love to hear them.
Mine is to finish what I start, and to believe that everything is possible!
Decided to quit being cheap and bought my first new vehicle,Wee Strom,and gonna try to quit worrying so much about stuff I can't do anything about anyway.
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #1630
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
Decided to quit being cheap and bought my first new vehicle,Wee Strom,and gonna try to quit worrying so much about stuff I can't do anything about anyway.

Good fr you, let us know how that works for you. If your successful I would like to enroll in your first class.
adventurebound9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #1631
8lives
Dharma Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurebound9517 View Post
Good fr you, let us know how that works for you. If your successful I would like to enroll in your first class.
If it works for me I will let ya know,I don't follow the news or any of that,gets me a lot of looks from the adults,I'm 52 going on 15 so I don't understand adult stuff anyway!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #1632
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,601
NomadGal and 8lives you have good resolutions and I know you will be able to keep them.

As for me, I'm a little concerned about making resolutions since like most people it's not long until they fall by the wayside. Working on myself is always at the top of the list with eating healthy and get exercise into my daily life. The less I weigh and healthier I am the more enjoyable my motorcycling is so that gives me some motivation.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #1633
8lives
Dharma Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
NomadGal and 8lives you have good resolutions and I know you will be able to keep them.

As for me, I'm a little concerned about making resolutions since like most people it's not long until they fall by the wayside. Working on myself is always at the top of the list with eating healthy and get exercise into my daily life. The less I weigh and healthier I am the more enjoyable my motorcycling is so that gives me some motivation.
I just try a little more each day and it all becomes habit,but then I sleep and forget what I was doing the day before,so I get to start over again. I love circles and round curvy life.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #1634
NomadGal OP
Esther

Falling snow is just awesome!!!!
Thick fat flurries falling out of the sky, just amazing!
I got a few more Christmas cards too. One from JettnJim, with a little present inside. Thanks Jim, hope to ride with you again someday.
Then Darrin ( AKXR4 ADV) and his wife Jennifer sent me a card. Jennifer made it herself and it's gorgeous! They live here in Fairbanks, and I got to go visit them some day.
Then I got my furthest away card yet. From Jose in Brazil. I was able to read most of it Jose, even though it was in Portuguese, but I have to admit I had a little trouble with deciphering your handwriting. Please let me know what your ADV handle is, I couldn't read it.

I had a day off, and finally got the mojo to go and clean the inside of my car. Took the mismatched tires out of the back and stacked them in the garage. I'll put them on Craigslist.
Then I got energetic and cleaned the garage a bit and threw all the trash in the back and drove to the dump.
Well!!! Driving through big fat flurries is a challenge too! I had no idea how much that hinders one's vision.
But not everyone's I got passed a few times! What where they thinking?

I have to admit that I like going to the dump. People drop the weirdest and the nicest things off there.
I was driving Mithrandir to work one morning and thought how nice it would be to have some music other than the radio. The thing is, my car is a 1987 Subaru, and not equipped with CD-player or USB port, but a cassette player! Old school.
Seeing as cassettes are pretty obsolete I figured oh well, no music.
I ended up going to the dump a few days later, and what do I find to my surprise?????
Two briefcases filled with cassettes! I took them home and sorted through them. Yeah…… not much of an AC/DC or Van Halen fan, so those I put to the side, but it had some Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, B52s and some other oldies but goodies. Yay, and what's even better, the cassette player still worked! Now how's that for a nice surprise. "Ask and…….."
Today I found some brand new clothes, sweat pants, shirt and Jacket with the tags still on them. Never worn. Now why would someone toss those??

So far I am liking the winter The cold is intense at times, but then there are days like today where it's only 23 degrees, very warm for winter here.
I'll have to go to town one day and shoot some pictures of some really cool areas.

Trees at the library

The snow here just sparkles like diamonds, really pretty!

Still haven't heard from Home Depot. Time to start applying elsewhere, I'm gonna need another job before the next rent is due! Luckily there are tons of jobs here in fairbanks if you are not too picky!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #1635
cheeseyboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Very nice ride, when is the next one?
cheeseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote