Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #1891
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadmom View Post
Just tell them you have two parents who can support you if necessary
LOL mom! Nope, I know that neither you nor dad can, so I'd better not mention it, I'm a terrible liar and he'd see right through me I'm afraid.
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #1892
Floyd111
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
steering damper and then some

MM..wrong risers.. Can you not get some other risers? Seems a damn shame not to use the damper. You can count on dropping the bike twice less over the year once it's installed properly.
Anyways, seeing that you're ready to take off already, I guess your Ohlins won't get there in time. No matter. Just send me an other address when you're ready and I'll send it there. We decided on some last-minute alterations, and that meant waiting for a replacement shaft to come in from Sweden, which came in only last Friday. I just dropped off the part today for assembly.
Floyd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #1893
Feyala
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Same here Fey! We would have had a blast together
Let's hope the Canadian border will let me through!! Hope they don't ask how much money I have, lol, they'll never let me through then!!
This is why I want to have some money saved up the next time I go to Canada. They pulled me aside the last time I visited (3-4 years ago) and found out I don't have much money (or a job, property, etc), so now I'm flagged in their system probably forever. They think I want to steal their health care or something. They only gave me 2 week visas.

We'll catch up somewhere along the way though, I'm sure of it :)
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #1894
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd111 View Post
MM..wrong risers.. Can you not get some other risers? Seems a damn shame not to use the damper. You can count on dropping the bike twice less over the year once it's installed properly.
Anyways, seeing that you're ready to take off already, I guess your Ohlins won't get there in time. No matter. Just send me an other address when you're ready and I'll send it there. We decided on some last-minute alterations, and that meant waiting for a replacement shaft to come in from Sweden, which came in only last Friday. I just dropped off the part today for assembly.
Looks like the damper wont's won't with any risers! I am guessing that the little spacers and screws can be ordered for various lengths, however the ones that came with it are meant for bikes without risers.
I really like my anti-vabrational risers, they not only save my wrists, but my back as well because they allow me to sit straight up instead of leaning forward putting my weight on my wristband arching my back.
I'll check into getting the longer spacers once I am somewhere for a while.
As far as the rear shock goes, let me see to whom I might be able to ship those on my way east.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #1895
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 651
Hi Esther!

Not sure when you are coming through my area but I might be Whom!
Regards....justjeff
ErikMotoMan: "People struggle with many things in their lives. But the answer to struggle isn’t MORE struggle. It’s peace. If you want more joy, peace, love, happiness… you have to GIVE those things first. You have to THINK those things. You have to have faith that they’ll come to you, despite what you may see. The truth isn’t in what you see with your eyes. It’s what you feel in your heart."
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #1896
NomadGal OP
Esther

I got a lot done today as well.
I now have my new tool tube and 2 water bottle holders made, my rear brake installed and bled, my forks put back together (not yet filled) thanks to Darrin. I drove by his place and he used his air impact drill to tighten the two bolts.
I figure I'd give SolarMoose a break
I also cleaned my carb and put some other parts back on the bike.
While working I noticed how the flowers are coming back, so of course I had to stop and get my camera

Hopefully I will have most of Spirit put back together tomorrow!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #1897
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 651
The second one is Alberta Rose, the provincial flower of Alberta. Also known as Wild Rose.
jj
ErikMotoMan: "People struggle with many things in their lives. But the answer to struggle isn’t MORE struggle. It’s peace. If you want more joy, peace, love, happiness… you have to GIVE those things first. You have to THINK those things. You have to have faith that they’ll come to you, despite what you may see. The truth isn’t in what you see with your eyes. It’s what you feel in your heart."
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #1898
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by just jeff View Post
Hi Esther!

Not sure when you are coming through my area but I might be Whom!
Regards....justjeff
Yep I kinda had you in mind when I posted this, didn't want to just assume that I could send it to you
Will let my brother know.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #1899
Floyd111
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Whom..

I already know now.
Jeff,I know you're itching to assist my sis installing both the Ohlins and the Scotts when she arrives. There are so many aftermarket risers, there's no telling what will fit, so I sent a damper for OEM size.
Sure you know it's just a matter of getting some shorter or longer bolts/spacers to make it fit an aftermarket riser configuration.
Floyd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #1900
Nomadmom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Wink Flowers

Wow! I can almost smell the flowers on your pics Esther! They're beautiful! When will we see the new Spirit?
Nomadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #1901
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadmom View Post
Wow! I can almost smell the flowers on your pics Esther! They're beautiful! When will we see the new Spirit?
Hopefully tomorrow!!
Old 06-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #1902
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
Hopefully tomorrow!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #1903
bluestar
misfit

Oddometer: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
Hopefully tomorrow!!
It's tomorrow now.

Two lane blacktop isn't a highway, it's an attitude.
bluestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #1904
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestar View Post
It's tomorrow now.
Yes it is!!!
I ran into some trouble however!!
Put my tank on the bike and poured three gallons of gasoline in it from a gas can.
Turned the petcock on and went to get something, when I got back into the garage i heard a dripping sound and smelled gas!
AAhhhh, gas was pouring out of the petcock. At first I thought it was the little rubber ring inside the petcock behind the valve that might have cracked, but then I noticed that it came leaking out from where the bolts go in. Needless to say I thought I'd tighten it up a bit, but the plastic rings under the bolt heads had sunk in that far that I couldn't even reach it with the wrench. I ended up taking the tank off as fast as I could, gas leaking every where and me getting seriously nauseous! Once I got it of I titled it vertical and taped the hose facing up so the gas wouldn't leak out of it.
I finally got the bolts out of the petcock and it looked like the plastic rings were cracked and warped. I taped up the holes and got my soggy gasoline pants off. Yuck!!!
I'm glad the garage door opens!!!! Let it air out in there for a while as the smell would get into my living area otherwise.
Today I got the little plastic rings accompanied by some thicker plastic rings andy up top of that a metal washer! No more warping rings!!!
I finished Spirit all the way, other than mounting the cases.
The most amazing thing is that she started right up!!!! no coughing or anything like that, instant start-up!! Yippee.
But….. then I went to check if the handgrip heaters worked, and the 12 volt charger, and neither of them work.
Yikes! So I guess tomorrow I will take the seat off and see if a wire got loose.
I also haven't finished mounting the side bags to the tank bag, I want to have that done ere I take a picture and post it.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #1905
CharlestonADV
I do my own stunts!

Oddometer: 429
Congrats on getting the tough stuff completed. Sounds like the rest of the issues are minor annoyances that should be fairly easy for you to sort out.