User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #1921
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,744
Thumb Ooooh my I like it!!!!!

Spirit looks AWESOME!!! I am drooling over the new color combo!
More Nomad Adventures in your future... WoooHooo!!!

Side note... the heat troller box is pretty bombproof... I'm thinking it's but a small snafu that you'll discover after you've sloooowed down from all the thrashing you've been up to, and settled into the road
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:23 PM   #1922
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymtb View Post
On a side note, we are getting into Fairbanks on Sunday, is there a source for Tasty Bite food in Fairbanks, I need to resupply.
Yes!!!!! Fred Meyers East, near Walmart on Old Steese has tons of it!! They are currently on sale for $2.99!!
I bought at least 10 days worth for my trip. I'll be testing out Spirit tomorrow, had a yard sale today so I couldn't.
Let me know when you're at fFM, I'd like to swing by and say hi.
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #1923
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Spirit looks AWESOME!!! I am drooling over the new color combo!
More Nomad Adventures in your future... WoooHooo!!!

Side note... the heat troller box is pretty bombproof... I'm thinking it's but a small snafu that you'll discover after you've sloooowed down from all the thrashing you've been up to, and settled into the road
Thanks Jim!! I hope so, about the heat troller, but I've checked every single wire, just can't see what could be wrong.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:11 AM   #1924
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesaid View Post
I cringe at the thought of all that work with a 3/4" paint brush! But it was worth the effort-- she looks great!

On another note-- did I miss it? Or have you posted a picture of the wedding dress you made? I've been very impressed with all your projects along the way and was hoping to see the dress when it was finished.

Now ON WITH THE RIDING!
Nope I didn't post a picture. It was really just a simple satin dress, a little below knee length with lace and a lace bolero jacket. It wasn't a style I would have picked. I'll try to remember to take the photo off my cellphone.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:10 AM   #1925
Alaskajeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,113
So are you going to make an appearance in Tok (at Thompson's Eagle Claw) on Wednesday night? Yeah, the weather here hasn't been all that good recently. Praying for it to get better when most of us Alaskans head up towards Tok on Wednesday...... There is a GREAT place to eat Thai food in Glenallen if you will be there sometime. It's the purple truck parked at the "HUB" gas station right at the T. If you are coming down from Fairbanks it's just a few minutes out of your way into Glenallen. Her food is well worth it
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
2011 Verys ADV
92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
Alaskajeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #1926
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskajeff View Post
So are you going to make an appearance in Tok (at Thompson's Eagle Claw) on Wednesday night? Yeah, the weather here hasn't been all that good recently. Praying for it to get better when most of us Alaskans head up towards Tok on Wednesday...... There is a GREAT place to eat Thai food in Glenallen if you will be there sometime. It's the purple truck parked at the "HUB" gas station right at the T. If you are coming down from Fairbanks it's just a few minutes out of your way into Glenallen. Her food is well worth it
As I told my landlord I was leaving tomorrow (monday) I thought I might just stay at Eagle Claw for a couple of days getting some seriously needed R&R.
Hope it is a quiet place, if mot I might just camp along the top of the world Hwy for a couple of nights and then head back to Tok to meet up with you guys (and girls??)
Old 06-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #1927
Nomadmom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
As I told my landlord I was leaving tomorrow (monday) I thought I might just stay at Eagle Claw for a couple of days getting some seriously needed R&R.
Hope it is a quiet place, if mot I might just camp along the top of the world Hwy for a couple of nights and then head back to Tok to meet up with you guys (and girls??)
Well, that's the way to get used to travelling again, I suppose. Have a good journey and let me know how to track you like before
Nomadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #1928
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker

Oddometer: 1,753
Quote:
I think you will enjoy Eagle Claw. It really fits your lifestyle and a great place to wind down.
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #1929
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,542
Quote:
Eagle's Claw will be VERY quiet on Mon/Tues with most of us showing up on Wed and hanging around the campfire into the night. Good times. The owner, Vanessa, is fun to hang out with too and remember there's a free sauna.

Happy trails, Mark H.

Wed night:

Thurs morning:

AKDuc screwed with this post 06-15-2014 at 08:19 PM
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:52 PM   #1930
Archery21
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Hey Madgirl!
Which risers do you have? I have 2" Rox Risers on my 08 KLR and I was able to get the Scotts Damper to work on mine although I'm limited as to how far back I can swivel them.
Dwight
Archery21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #1931
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archery21 View Post
Hey Madgirl!
Which risers do you have? I have 2" Rox Risers on my 08 KLR and I was able to get the Scotts Damper to work on mine although I'm limited as to how far back I can swivel them.
Dwight
I also have the Rox Risers, the anti vibration ones.
Not sure which height I have, 3??? Still I put the parts on it and I had an almost 2" gap between the spacer and the top.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:54 PM   #1932
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskajeff View Post
Yep, see you in Tok!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:54 PM   #1933
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc View Post
Thurs morning:
Awesome Mark!!! Thanks
Old 06-15-2014, 10:56 PM   #1934
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryden_rider_54 View Post
I think you will enjoy Eagle Claw. It really fits your lifestyle and a great place to wind down.
Yep I think so too!!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #1935
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadmom View Post
Well, that's the way to get used to travelling again, I suppose. Have a good journey and let me know how to track you like before
Yep It will be the usual way, this time, I will make my Spot page public for all to follow, not yet sure how to do that yet though.