User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 06:36 PM   #571
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer: 2,124
Chain thoughts ..

.. if it has this much flex laying "links up" it is completely possible to jump off the sprockets without much cause or reason ..

.. threw mine twice before I got nervous enough to quickly buy a new sprockets/chain combo .. the second time it jumped off it wedged itself between the frame and the rear sprocket .. mine jumped off from a start when it was under acceleration loading and thankfully didn't chew up anything seriously ..
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #572
agent of orange
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
i had to do a double take at the chain to realize what way it was laying on the floor!! wow that is a bit of flex there. On another note How much traveling does spirit have on the chain and sprocket set that is one him/her ( i know men usually refer to things in the feminine) ??? I know after only street riding for years the whole ritual of cleaning and lubing my chain is one i have to drill into my head.
agent of orange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #573
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 1,050
I am guessing my chain has about 17,000 miles on it. I know I am missing some o-rings
As soon as I can afford it (i.e. find another job soon) I will invest in a new chain and sprocket. I've not even been back on the road 3 weeks! Yikes, I've splurged too much! Again!
Getting used to the cold, it's been 28 degrees the last 2 nights. Seeing my breath is quite entertaining, lol
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #574
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,903
>"I am guessing my chain has about 17,000 miles on it. I know I am missing some o-rings "

If you have a Paypal account, I think some of us may donate to the 'lost chain account'...
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #575
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post

Jason just had to put up his finger! What's up wit

girl, i thought you'd be more carefull about the company you keep

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #576
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by red bud View Post
girl, i thought you'd be more carefull about the company you keep
I had no idea what I was getting myself into!
It was fun staying at his house, he has a nice family and two great dogs. One of which loved me a tad too much, still have welts all over my body! Haha, he meant well, and was totally adorable for such a big puppy!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #577
NomadGal OP
Esther

Spent the night at Airey Lake in the southern part of De Soto National Forest.
Found it easily and was glad that there was only one other tent there. The place was so small that I couldn't figure out where another camper would pitch a tent.

The only spot I saw was up a little incline. I loved it! Queen of the Hill for a night

The night was indeed cold again, but I just hung around in my sleeping bag until the sun warmed up the meadow.
The fact that I actually had reception made lounging around more pleasant, I was able to say hi to my daughter and some friends and see how they were doing.
Once the sun was up I got to see my surroundings a bit better

I walked up to the geese to take their picture, I didn't need to bother they came to me, hoping for some food.

I am currently waiting at PJs coffee in Gulfport for sk8rdi16 (pat) to get off work
While sitting here I bumped into Richard ReadySet Go is his wife, but they both ride.
He recognized Spirit sitting in the parking lot. LOL, she's famous!

Spirit in front of the ocean in Long Beach MS
Old 02-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #578
PHOTON PHIL
THe REAL poser

Oddometer: 261
I,m in ride safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZone View Post
>"I am guessing my chain has about 17,000 miles on it. I know I am missing some o-rings "

If you have a Paypal account, I think some of us may donate to the 'lost chain account'...
PHOTON PHIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #579
NomadGal OP
Esther

Uhmmmmm ADV does not approve me giving Paypal account info!
I can casually mention that I do have a blog!
It has been recently fixed up
Look toward where the heart points
Old 02-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #580
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,406
if ya make it to memphis let me know

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #581
NomadGal OP
Esther

HOLY COW!!! I DID GET TWO ROADSHOWS!

Turns out there is another gal called Esther, and my email got tossed in her mailbox. Yay! Now I've got to get my but in gear and make it to Pharr TX by the 13th of this month! Hopefully I have time to put on a new chain and sprocket, I'm gonna need them for the ride down! I am so excited!
These are Mike's words I got in my email:
I am going to book you out today. From the looks of your site/blog you are just the kind of person we want to have representing us.
Im going to get them to send you out some gear so you can use it and talk about it.

I'm stoked! Wish me luck! Yeah finally get a way to charge my laptop and Nook in the middle of nowhere!
Anyone living near Pharr in Texas?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #582
NomadGal OP
Esther

A heartfelt thank you for Jason (nanohiccup), Thomas (CharlestonADV), Granville Rouillard(ADV?), and Bruce Bott (ADV?) for your donations! A new chain coming right up!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #583
ReadySetGo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Hey NomadGal, Sorry I missed you today. Work has a habit of making us folks miss out on the good stuff. Glad Richard seen you. Jason did call me to let me know you were in the area. Were taking the bikes out tomorrow if you want to meet up . Glad to hear you got sprocket and chain. If you need anything and we can help just call Richard's phone. He may call you in the am.

Hope to possibly see you before you head out to TX.
1996 Honda Magna 750
2006 Honda XR650L
ReadySetGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #584
viper770
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
Hey nomadgal when you get a new chain if you keep it well maintenance and oiled you can easly get 40 to 50,000 miles on a chain most of the guys in Fssnoc use White Lithium Grease most of the older guys use the kind in a tube but i use the kind in a spray can and if you apply it every 300 to 400 miles your chain will last a really long time and when you put it on the chain it does not go flying all over your tire which is really nice just make sure you aply it to the inside of the chain so the Centrifugal force will pull it through the links of the chain its kinda of a old school way of doing it but it works very well probley would not hurt to do it on your current chain now might help it last alittle longer :)
MY SPOT LOCATION http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...vi71zS820h7TbU
viper770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #585
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper770 View Post
Hey nomadgal when you get a new chain if you keep it well maintenance and oiled you can easly get 40 to 50,000 miles on a chain most of the guys in Fssnoc use White Lithium Grease most of the older guys use the kind in a tube but i use the kind in a spray can and if you apply it every 300 to 400 miles your chain will last a really long time and when you put it on the chain it does not go flying all over your tire which is really nice just make sure you aply it to the inside of the chain so the Centrifugal force will pull it through the links of the chain its kinda of a old school way of doing it but it works very well probley would not hurt to do it on your current chain now might help it last alittle longer :)
Hey Rowdy Never used white Lithium grease, but I do oil it every 500 miles. It all depends on how much on/off road you do. Seeing as I've been riding in quite a lot of dirt my chain gets coated in fine sand etc, which really does a number on o-rings I hear. Maybe if you just do asphalt riding a chain might last longer, but not where I go.
I love the Regina chain I have though, I will definitely get another one!