Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #1366
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 989
It's still raining and I decided to see how far behind I was with updating my blog. Holy cow!!!
I didn't realize the my last post on it was January 18th. Well, I guess I have something to kill the time with. LOL.
Maybe that book idea might not be so bad. If I find I have time these long winter months, I might just do that.
Along with finally starting to paint again, I also wan to practice astral travel. I know that most of you probably would laugh at this, but I believe it to be possible, and the thought of being able to get out of my body, to be a spirit being for just a little while, well, that just awes me. There are so many things that I wish to do during the winter. Oh well, working will get in the way, but having some money again soon, well..... that's really nice too
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #1367
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
It's still raining and I decided to see how far behind I was with updating my blog. Holy cow!!!
I didn't realize the my last post on it was January 18th. Well, I guess I have something to kill the time with. LOL.
Maybe that book idea might not be so bad. If I find I have time these long winter months, I might just do that.
Along with finally starting to paint again, I also wan to practice astral travel. I know that most of you probably would laugh at this, but I believe it to be possible, and the thought of being able to get out of my body, to be a spirit being for just a little while, well, that just awes me. There are so many things that I wish to do during the winter. Oh well, working will get in the way, but having some money again soon, well..... that's really nice too
I've been following your report....when you mentioned Astral travel I had to comment as this is something I did for years in my 20,s I left my body many many, times and mainly soared above the tree line looking back at my sleeping body. lost the ability in my 30's but still have occasional spirit visits especially after visiting Mayan ruins.... sounds crazy but true.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #1368
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
I've been following your report....when you mentioned Astral travel I had to comment as this is something I did for years in my 20,s I left my body many many, times and mainly soared above the tree line looking back at my sleeping body. lost the ability in my 30's but still have occasional spirit visits especially after visiting Mayan ruins.... sounds crazy but true.
Awesome! Why do you suppose you lost the ability? Maybe gotten too grounded in "reality"?
Old 08-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #1369
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Awesome! Why do you suppose you lost the ability? Maybe gotten too grounded in "reality"?
Family and work seemed to ground me into ordinary reality. I think it can come back because a few years ago I worked in Guatemala building houses for 1 month and the dream world started to change for me after only 2 weeks. It is a very mystical country and 1 of the guys on the crew was into the spirit world so we hit it off. We were a crew of Men and Women
and the one day I told them a Jaguar visited my room the previous night, they just gave me strange looks.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #1370
NomadGal OP
Esther

Last night while driving "home" from work (yep, still borrowing my friend Stacey's car while she is in the Arctic) I noticed several flocks of birds in V-formation all heading South. If that is not a sign that it will be winter soon then I don't know what is.
Work at Joann's is alright. They only let an employee that doesn't work full time, work 5 hours a day so that's quite nice.
Yesterday however after having taught a beginning kid's sewing class I was asked to stay longer seeing as two of the new girls quit already (they were hired the same day as I was). So I ended up working a long day.
Today I made time and a half as it was a holiday, yippee!!

Life is a little unorganized at the moment as the house sitting job keeps getting extended time after time, LOL.
Now it looks like they will be home on Wednesday or Thursday. I don't mind as my other house sitting job doesn't start till the 8t or 9th.
I have one lucky stroke here in that my future cabin (I did decide on the one right next to the house I am at) is vacant for 1 1/2 weeks and the guy who rents it right now said I could use it for a few days when I am between house sitting jobs. So tomorrow I might move some of my junk in there so this place will be empty once my friends get back. This will give me a feel of what it will be like for me during the winter months.

Guess what I got in the mail the other day??

Yippee, my new Sorrells that Paul's friend Carol gave me.

It has been raining on and off for a while now, and this brings forth a whole new look to the woods

Day one!

Day two

Day three

Day one

Day two

Day three

Some more mushrooms spread out in the woods

I take a photo of the same trees, but you can only see a little change
I didn't yet take one today.

Some gorgeous colors on the ground while walking the dogs again.
I'm looking forward to my two days off, getting a chance to sort of sleep in again (dogs won't let me) and relax for a while.
I'll be happy once Stacey gets back, it will be nice to have a few days free of dog sitting
Old 09-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #1371
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,646
Get your knitting needles busy !

Old 09-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #1372
N-Id-Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZone View Post

WOW! Holy Cow! is that what is called a Thneead??
N-Id-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #1373
NomadGal OP
Esther

LOL, I went to check my RR and couldn't find it.
Looks like Baldy moved it to Daytripping. Cool!
I guess in the spring he can move it back to Epic rides, and maybe change my title for me, A year and more on the road
Old 09-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #1374
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker

Oddometer: 1,567
Quote:
Last night while driving "home" from work (yep, still borrowing my friend Stacey's car while she is in the Arctic) I noticed several flocks of birds in V-formation all heading South. If that is not a sign that it will be winter soon then I don't know what is.

It has been raining on and off for a while now, and this brings forth a whole new look to the woods

I take a photo of the same trees, but you can only see a little change
I didn't yet take one today.

Some gorgeous colors on the ground while walking the dogs again.
I'm looking forward to my two days off, getting a chance to sort of sleep in again (dogs won't let me) and relax for a while.
I'll be happy once Stacey gets back, it will be nice to have a few days free of dog sitting
The changes of autumn in the north, bring on my favorite time of year. Too bad winter had to follow it. Actually winter would be not too bad if it were not so long.

Find us on Spot http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...YGllfEZqqxYWcA
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #1375
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZone View Post
I love it!!! took photo out, three of the same in a row is just too much!!
I am actually knitting myself some thick wool leggings at the moment.

My sweater is done!

Every pattern reminds me of where I was camping at while on the road. The memories will keep me going through the winter.

NomadGal screwed with this post 09-03-2013 at 02:26 PM
Old 09-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #1376
Ol Man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
I hope that you keep this thread going through the Winter. We were in Fairbanks last year and I kind of liked the city. I am interested in seeing how you enjoy the experience. My wife is a sewer/quilter and I know the Joanne's where you are working. Part of our travels include establishments of materials and thread.
Ol Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #1377
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
where did she go?
Old 09-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #1378
SlowernOlder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
J o b ....
Old 09-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #1379
Dirt Road Cowboy
Treasure Hunter

Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowernOlder View Post
J o b ....
If you're going to use that kind of language, take it to Jo Mamma!
66 CT200/Lifan 140 (Trail 90) Build Report
XR100 engine and misc. parts, waiting for the Mad Scientist treatment!
Dirt Road Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #1380
NomadGal OP
Esther

Hi everyone!
Yep JOB is the answer to Kitesurfer's question. That and moved yet again to another house sitting job.
This one is tricky as there is no electricity! Wow, the house doesn't even have a sink, so washing stuff (like dishes) is a bit of a drag
The days were getting colder but the last two days we've been having sun and it's back to 60 degrees! Amazing.

The scenery around here is awesome now, the leaves are really changing their color and now with the sun shining it looks like a picture.

The dirt road to the new house/dog sitting job

I see the weirdest mushrooms here

My new dogwalking trail, it has tons of moose prints in the dirt but haven't seen a moose yet

I've learned how to chop wood! Haha, I kinda suck at it!

My first cake decorating class went well, and I really enjoyed it. I also get to sew a halloween costume for the store display and get paid doing that. Awesome! Right up my alley.

I got to stay at my future log cabin for a few days. I loved it! I can so imagine myself there for the winter. Of course I have to spiff up the place a little, and the outhouse is gross! Definitely got to fix that up.

Heading to work soon, ttyl