Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #31
digga1111
bann ed

Oddometer: 3,327
so it has kept the traditional husky colours but taken on the overweight,under powered BMW tag also. best of both worlds
... the XR is the greatest off road motorcycle ever constructed. There's nothing it can't do, hasn't won or will not outperform.
digga1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #32
southy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiJiL View Post
I am in......, always wanted a bmw650 with more grunt and a decent front end......
190mm travel non adjustable forks. Nothing decent about that front end.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #33
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,784
As always, so many opinions after riding one and actually testing it.

Forgot, you would have to leave the keyboard to do that.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #34
digga1111
bann ed

Oddometer: 3,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
As always, so many opinions after riding one and actually testing it.

Forgot, you would have to leave the keyboard to do that.
geez, ya bit touchy bout the new husky mate.
... the XR is the greatest off road motorcycle ever constructed. There's nothing it can't do, hasn't won or will not outperform.
digga1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #35
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,784
Is was going to be Sean-0's new bike until everyone started bucketing it.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #36
Tiggs
Dreamin of Adventure

Oddometer: 1,049
Pissed

To be honest I'm so sick of the negativity!! Every time I open a thread about a new bike all I read is bullshit!! Oh its this, oh its that, suspension this, motor that, for farks sake they're not even in the shops yet!!!

Oh hang on sorry, I forgot you are all experts!!

Personally I think its exciting what Husqvarna / BMW are bringing out. How many riders out there are happy with standard suspension on any bike they've owned whether its adjustable or not?? Some of you are saying these Huskys are ugly yet you've owned/own a Strom arguably a bike that has been hit hard with the ugly stick, but it's a good bike to own.

Be aware riders are looking at our forums for intelligence and insight and there aint much of that going on lately!

2011 Yamaha XT660R
1996 Yamaha TRX850
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #37
ADVJake
***** dweller

Oddometer: 4,338
Because there is nothing positive about the bike.. Oh it looks nice... i guess? might be reliable i suppose...

DR650 is lighter, has more suspension travel, and an unlimited aftermarket following. Why would anyone buy this motorcycle? Maybe just because its shiny and european... And this is coming from someone who has an Husqvarna 610 right now, a 6 year old bike that blows this thing out of the water, and i dont even need to ride it to know.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #38
Muddler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
These threads are like talking shit around the campfire. All good fun as long as you don't take it seriously
Seriously!
Muddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #39
woopwoop
will think for food

Oddometer: 5,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timkel View Post
To be honest I'm so sick of the negativity!! Every time I open a thread about a new bike all I read is bullshit!! Oh its this, oh its that, suspension this, motor that, for farks sake they're not even in the shops yet!!!

Personally I think its exciting what Husqvarna / BMW are bringing out. How many riders out there are happy with standard suspension on any bike they've owned whether its adjustable or not?? Some of you are saying these Huskys are ugly yet you've owned/own a Strom arguably a bike that has been hit hard with the ugly stick, but it's a good bike to own.

Be aware riders are looking at our forums for intelligence and insight and there aint much of that going on lately!

What you said about the V-Strom was very hurtful.

V-strom owners come here for help and support.....think about their feelings!
woopwoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #40
LC4nicator
Certified Wino

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post
All good except the headlight plastics.
That & the rugged invisible Bash Plate...Hahaha
LC4nicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #41
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 2,097
negativity

just disappointed

was really hoping there would be a reasonably weighted 600cc+ , well suspended thumper coming out.
guess i'll just keep ridin my mid 90's overweight under suspended pos a while longer
Old 07-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #42
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,533
BMW/Husqvarna do not have to build them anymore hardcore than what we see here.

These types of bikes sell in big numbers, KTM 690Rs and 990s sell in very small numbers by comparison.

Seems that very few people who bitch about these new big dualies being too soft buy the harder-edged bikes anyway, otherwise sales numbers would be much higher and other manufacturers would be building them!
And there's no place I'd rather be!!
Bigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:37 AM   #43
southy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timkel View Post

I for one like the look of this bike. But at this time that’s where it ends. I and lots of riders on this forum have been around long enough and ridden enough bikes to know this bike will be less capable than the bike it is replacing, the TE630. The TR650 is a fare bit heavier, has significantly less suspension travel with no indication the non adjustable Sachs forks will be so good they will make up for the travel shortfall. The motor is well travelled and known as reliable which is a positive but in a heavy under suspended chassis it is wasted as it is in some of BMW other offerings. I would have liked to see a 650cc bike that would be competition for the KTM690 or even at lest the DR650. This bike will just be a better looking alternative to BMW's other 650 singles.

I'm well aware others are looking for intelligence and insight and just because others opinion of this bike differ from yours are you implying we are unintelligent. I will say it as I see it.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #44
GazzaFish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
I had a 2003 F650GS dakar for many years and clocked up 80,000K's trouble free on it and it was probably the best bike I have ever owned…

The only things I would change on it would be to have slightly less weight, slightly more power and slighter bigger forks up front…. Well, here it is. Exactly what I wished for many years ago….

As for high tech forks, I love the idea of adjustable forks and to not have adjustable forks is a bummer but in reality…. I HAVE NEVER ADJUSTED MY FORKS ANYWAY ON ANY BIKE IVE OWNED!!!! I just ride the damn thing so I don't know what i'm winging about!!

Sadly, my desire for this new bike isn't that great. Not sure why…..
GazzaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:30 AM   #45
Tiggs
Dreamin of Adventure

Oddometer: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by southy View Post
I for one like the look of this bike. But at this time that’s where it ends. I and lots of riders on this forum have been around long enough and ridden enough bikes to know this bike will be less capable than the bike it is replacing, the TE630. The TR650 is a fare bit heavier, has significantly less suspension travel with no indication the non adjustable Sachs forks will be so good they will make up for the travel shortfall. The motor is well travelled and known as reliable which is a positive but in a heavy under suspended chassis it is wasted as it is in some of BMW other offerings. I would have liked to see a 650cc bike that would be competition for the KTM690 or even at lest the DR650. This bike will just be a better looking alternative to BMW's other 650 singles.

I'm well aware others are looking for intelligence and insight and just because others opinion of this bike differ from yours are you implying we are unintelligent. I will say it as I see it.
Please don't assume that I am new to riding. I am in my mid 40's and have been riding off-road bikes since I was 5 and road bikes since I was 16. As you can tell by the amount of times I have commented on threads I don't usually get involved in the banter. If you feel that I am implying you are unintelligent as the saying goes 'if the shoe fits'. Hey I say it as I see it!

If you are not already contributing your obvious expertise to a motorcycle magazine then perhaps you should apply. You will save them a fortune by testing bikes without having to ride them!

2011 Yamaha XT660R
1996 Yamaha TRX850
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote