ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2005, 04:29 PM   #91
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeo45
Unfortunately, I have a meeting at work on Thursday that will go late into the afternoon, so sometime Thursday evening would be the earliest I could possibly leave. If the weather is good that night I might head out anyway and grab an inexpensive motel room or campsite close to Sparta. Otherwise, it will probably be real early Friday.

Have you and BeefJerky decided on a plan? (I guess you're already half way to TN compared to me anyway.)
Talked with BeefJerky last night and depending on his work schedule, he had planned on leaving out either around 4:00-4:30 thursday or later that night if he had to but definetly thursday. I suppose I am going to tag along with him, hopefully we can all head up and find a place to grab some zzzs thursday night, whether it be Mcdonalds parking lot or a cheap motel.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #92
Red Zebra OP
Signal 3

Oddometer: 308
Wink

[i]Originally Posted by Lencho
[QUOTE= My stove operator is out of town but I brew a pretty mean cup.[/i]

Ahh. The true reason why you were able to coordinate this ride is revealed! I personally had to pay a marriage tax to get permission

Ok-ok, maybe a little bit truth to it!

Old 07-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #93
beefjerky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,248
A cheap motel with a man called dirty south? What did I sign up for?

Yep, I should be good for a 4 pm departure, but shit, who knows what'll be on my plate on thursday. Usually though, once the bike is packed, there ain't a whole lot that'll keep me from my plans.
beefjerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:52 PM   #94
PowerT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,065
Thumb

Sounds like fun guys. I would love to join you on my way home from picking up my bike (2000 KTM 640 LC4E) but my family (mother, sister, brother) are in Mt. Juliet and I will spend Saturday evening with them. This is what my plans are for Fri, Sat, and Sun. Have a good trip.

Troy

In spite of illness, In spite even of the archenemy sorrow, One can remain alive long past usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things and happy in small ways. - Edith Wharton

Need a smugmug coupon? Well here you go z0g48s072w1kE
PowerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:40 PM   #95
Lencho
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
OK, 3 days of rain in the area, and more expected, made me pull my head out about riding on my worn to the wear bars Trailwing, so I splurged on an Anakee! Now I can slip, slide and go boom on a brand new tire instead of a worn one Start packing your bikes, it is almost time to ride!!!!
Lencho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:33 PM   #96
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,906
Let's get it on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho
OK, 3 days of rain in the area, and more expected, made me pull my head out about riding on my worn to the wear bars Trailwing, so I splurged on an Anakee! Now I can slip, slide and go boom on a brand new tire instead of a worn one Start packing your bikes, it is almost time to ride!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...-13-050006.jpg

I'm packed and ready to go. I'll help you pick your bike up if you help me.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:52 PM   #97
SScratch
Somewhat Tolerable

Oddometer: 1,584
I'll meet you at McDonalds and ride with you on Friday but need to return home Fri night.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:52 PM   #98
GMM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Locked and almost loaded... Zebra will see you at your place at 10:00 or so. Lencho and I will be leaving out of Smyrna around 8:45.

See the rest of you guys at McD's in Sparta.

Greg
GMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #99
Red Zebra OP
Signal 3

Ready!

Greg, You and Lencho look for James along 96....He'll be hard to miss on his
650L.

See ya!
Old 07-14-2005, 11:51 PM   #100
leeo45
Longtime Lurker

Oddometer: 182
Pissed Running Late - Work is getting in the way.

It looks like I'll be meeting everyone at I-24 instead of in Sparta. It's after 1:00 AM and I'm just finishing up with work and have another conference call in the morning. I have a set of maps and charts, so I should be waiting along the route.

Oh well, that will give me a good excuse to come back up and ride the whole way from Manchester to Jellico.
leeo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #101
leeo45
Longtime Lurker

Oddometer: 182
Midnight Sunday -- Just got back home, but never managed to connect with the group. In fact, never got a return phone call from anyone and was never even sure that I saw any motorcycle tracks on the roads. I hope everybody is OK and had a good ride. I rode 821 miles and only one really close call -- the 3rd water crossing west of Lawrenceburg. Holy Cow! Those are slick rocks!

Edit to add first pic: Side trip to Shiloh Nat'l Military Park; NE of Corinth, MS.

leeo45 screwed with this post 07-17-2005 at 11:40 PM
leeo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:19 AM   #102
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,648
On sunday, I tested the new route charts from Jellico to Sparta. It's an awesome ride with lots of gravel roads through the mountains of east TN. I highly recommend riding this section.
KY state Vet A offroad champion
TAT, KAT and TWVT survivor
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:02 AM   #103
GMM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Leo,

Not sure about everyone else, but my bike broke down in Smithville at Zebra's house on Friday morning. I had to trailer it home, and did not get to ride .

Greg
GMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:31 AM   #104
gaspipe
Wandering Soul

Oddometer: 11,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMM
Leo,

Not sure about everyone else, but my bike broke down in Smithville at Zebra's house on Friday morning. I had to trailer it home, and did not get to ride .

Greg
What happened?

Hair of the dog....
gaspipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:01 PM   #105
Red Zebra OP
Signal 3

Eek Home!

Wow what a ride! Tons of pavement until Columbia TN...then some tame dirt roads with those water crossings. It was great meeting everybody!

It'll take a week or so to do a ride report due to picture logistics...James is developing some from his 35mm and Lencho will need to e-mail his digi pics since no smug mug etc.--I'll send you a PM so we can work out details.

James got hit for 60mph in 30 zone while blowing a red light on the way back. The constable was fairly cool and let him off for 45 in 30 zone and waived the
red light offense....whew! $112! I had just peeled off on another road while angling toward Smithville otherwise..... 2x $112? He can only catch one at a time though...!

Leeo45...sorry we didn't run into you. Glad to hear you did it anyway. You're right about that one particularh2o crossing....ask BeefJerky! I had a close call with a white mustang and a Rotweiler that almost did a Kamikazee with me and the KLR.... I think BeefJerky had a lowflying chicken get up close and personal with him too! You'll read about the v-strom crash and James' backwards 650L goof when we post....Please add your report too!