ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #151
dhillr
Beastly Adventurer
 
dhillr's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: TN
Oddometer: 1,605
Found it!!.

Subscribed.
dhillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #152
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,424
As some of you may remember, I was shopping around for a little bike a while back, just pushing the big beemer too hard where it really shouldn't be riding. Long story short, decided against the second, small bike and put some money back into my hot rod.

Well, I just couldn't help myself yesterday and pulled the trigger on a little bike!






I'm all over the single track riding now
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #153
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
As some of you may remember, I was shopping around for a little bike a while back, just pushing the big beemer too hard where it really shouldn't be riding. Long story short, decided against the second, small bike and put some money back into my hot rod.

Well, I just couldn't help myself yesterday and pulled the trigger on a little bike!






I'm all over the single track riding now
I might be able to keep up with you now.




__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #154
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring
 
Treadless's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Santa Barbara Ca
Oddometer: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post




I'm all over the single track riding now


Please use caution on your boot choice so to not cause harm to the trails when you are carrying that little gem around on your outings.


__________________

Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #155
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadless View Post
Please use caution on your boot choice so to not cause harm to the trails when you are carrying that little gem around on your outings.


Thanks for the note ... them there are my street ridin boots. Got me some right purdy Tech 3's for the trails.
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #156
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Thanks for the note ... them there are my street ridin boots. Got me some right purdy Tech 3's for the trails.

u need to look at


if u care about the environment...
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #157
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
u need to look at


if u care about the environment...
Never seem to find anything that good in Euro size 50
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #158
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Never seem to find anything that good in Euro size 50
Try Gaerne. They run much wider for you big guys. I don't think you could squeeze in to Sidi boots. They're pretty narrow.
Gaerne only good to size 47 though.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #159
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic
 
Fishyhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA
Oddometer: 3,143
I think my klr can give your new ride a run for it's money. Maybe.
__________________
Duy. You know, like the decimal system.
Spot shared page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...FogjjtYMdOqF2n

Fishyhead screwed with this post 08-31-2012 at 10:42 PM Reason: iPad posting sucks
Fishyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #160
ConTeacher
DirtBikeStuff.net
 
ConTeacher's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: High Desert, CA
Oddometer: 226
New Bike

We need to head back to Devil's Punch Bowl. That rock garden would be a piece of cake!
__________________
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

http://ConTeacher.whereamiriding.com
ConTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #161
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConTeacher View Post
We need to head back to Devil's Punch Bowl. That rock garden would be a piece of cake!
I'd just skip the rock garden and throw the bike across the water.


Still working on the dock? We need to hit Big Bear again and then start tuning up for LAB2V
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #162
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
I'd just skip the rock garden and throw the bike across the water.


Still working on the dock? We need to hit Big Bear again and then start tuning up for LAB2V

i would like to do the training part...
the 950SE is ready to go..
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #163
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool
 
tbarstow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Viva Lost Wages!
Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
i would like to do the training part...
the 950SE is ready to go..
I know a route that is easy for the big bikes.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #164
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
I know a route that is easy for the big bikes.

i'm willing to try...
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #165
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
i would like to do the training part...
the 950SE is ready to go..
Are you going to do LAB2V this year? Gerd and I are riding the GS's again this year and have another OC guy on his 990 joining us. We are going to do some tune up rides in Oct and early Nov. It would be great for us to try and keep up with you on the 950SE
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014