ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #196
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,338
4 GSA's Rolling Wyman Canyon

Over Labor Day Weekend there were some great rides. One of them was coming down from WMRS and heading for Wyman Canyon. Four of us were on GS's and we split off to do Wyman Canyon. One of the riders Bob McLeave got some great footage showing the diversity of that canyon.

__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #197
slugdad
Gnarly Adventurer
 
slugdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: better you don't know
Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Over Labor Day Weekend there were some great rides. One of them was coming down from WMRS and heading for Wyman Canyon. Four of us were on GS's and we split off to do Wyman Canyon. One of the riders Bob McLeave got some great footage showing the diversity of that canyon.



still kicking myself for not tagging along
but my 'charge' was done with dirt for the day
and being the only responsible adult in the group that day
that's right i was sweep! lonestar knows the angst
my only recourse was to accompany him back to the nearest pavement
but come next spring i see myself coaxing the old girl up that canyon again
slugdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #198
theGrinch OP
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,875
Eh? Whats up?

Is this dead...

...should I put it to rest?




.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #199
Off Limits
Really?
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,281
Come to the chic fil-a side!
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #200
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Is this dead...

...should I put it to rest?




.
Ha! was just thinking the same thing riding to the office today ... seems like there are plenty of other threads to keep everyone busy.

Anyway, the whole concept went away and became a site of itls own. Ciao Starbucks
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #201
Off Limits
Really?
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,281
I think it's great how the big adv turf war has spawned new riding sites and forums for those who choose to not tolerate banter. I wonder if they were to ever take a poll, how many members of those so called "controlled" sites live in gated comunities? You know, the kind where you get fined if your porch light goes out or fined for simply not turning it on if you feel like it. Long live beyond Starbucks version 2.0, beyond the bs! F Maybe one day we could have a triple whammy ride where riders from all 3 sites could meet up and have friendly competition.
Events could include flashiest safety vest, most expensive bike, most money spent on a tent, who can ride the best after taking 10 bong hits, best rider on the least powerful bike, worst rider on the most powerful bike, longest wheelie, best bang for the buck. The oh my god, this guy showed up award and many others.
We would have to do it someplace in the open, in so cal of course, big bike friendly.


What should we call it?
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #202
roundtripping
Adventourist
 
roundtripping's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
I think it's great how the big adv turf war has spawned new riding sites and forums for those who choose to not tolerate banter. I wonder if they were to ever take a poll, how many members of those so called "controlled" sites live in gated comunities? You know, the kind where you get fined if your porch light goes out or fined for simply not turning it on if you feel like it. Long live beyond Starbucks version 2.0, beyond the bs! F Maybe one day we could have a triple whammy ride where riders from all 3 sites could meet up and have friendly competition.
Events could include flashiest safety vest, most expensive bike, most money spent on a tent, who can ride the best after taking 10 bong hits, best rider on the least powerful bike, worst rider on the most powerful bike, longest wheelie, best bang for the buck. The oh my god, this guy showed up award and many others.
We would have to do it someplace in the open, in so cal of course, big bike friendly.


What should we call it?
Or not. Either way.
__________________
12 F658GS
13 Honda CRF250L


My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #203
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
I think it's great how the big adv turf war has spawned new riding sites and forums for those who choose to not tolerate banter. I wonder if they were to ever take a poll, how many members of those so called "controlled" sites live in gated comunities? You know, the kind where you get fined if your porch light goes out or fined for simply not turning it on if you feel like it. Long live beyond Starbucks version 2.0, beyond the bs! F Maybe one day we could have a triple whammy ride where riders from all 3 sites could meet up and have friendly competition.
Events could include flashiest safety vest, most expensive bike, most money spent on a tent, who can ride the best after taking 10 bong hits, best rider on the least powerful bike, worst rider on the most powerful bike, longest wheelie, best bang for the buck. The oh my god, this guy showed up award and many others.
We would have to do it someplace in the open, in so cal of course, big bike friendly.


What should we call it?
Let's just let sleeping dogs lie. Those types will never understand us types anyways, and I guarantee that most of them will fade away in the next year or so anyways..............
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #204
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Let's just let sleeping dogs lie. Those types will never understand us types anyways, and I guarantee that most of them will fade away in the next year or so anyways..............

agreed.
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #205
Off Limits
Really?
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,281
You mean like they aren't real riders and will move on to the next yuppie sport that gets talked about among the Starbucks crowd? Or because the end of the world, 12 21 2012? Which happens to be my next kids due date.
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #206
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
You mean like they aren't real riders and will move on to the next yuppie sport that gets talked about among the Starbucks crowd? Or because the end of the world, 12 21 2012? Which happens to be my next kids due date.


Awesome, your wife is giving birth to the anit-christ.........
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #207
Off Limits
Really?
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,281
First it was baby Jesus when the due date was dec 25th. But the dr moved it up to the 21st. As long as it comes before New Years so I can get the tax write off its all good.
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #208
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
First it was baby Jesus when the due date was dec 25th. But the dr moved it up to the 21st. As long as it comes before New Years so I can get the tax write off its all good.
What does Dunerat have to with this?
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #209
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
What does Dunerat have to with this?
Starting rumours are we?
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #210
Off Limits
Really?
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,281
Dr. Doctor!!
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014