Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #181
Hevy Kevy
ADDRider

Oddometer: 189
Love your photography Paul, outstanding! The narrative is also top notch. Ride on.
Hevy Kevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #182
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,930
i would subscribe for sure and make sure you get email updates as i update a lot and add a lot of photos of new places as i keep riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
Paul, I thoroughly enjoyed living vicariously through your stories and pics. Your personal situation that launched the adventure captivated me. Only two other RRs had the same effect (Dave6253 due to photos & BigAlSmith's South America). I'm going to do one of these big ones in my life. Don't know how, but it's gonna happen.

With catching your adventure, I finally took the next step and learned how to "subscribe" to a thread, although I don't fully understand the benefits if you don't request email notifications.

Ride safe.

RZ Rob
rtwpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #183
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy Kevy View Post
Love your photography Paul, outstanding! The narrative is also top notch. Ride on.

thanks...are you coming to the HU meeting in toronto? I'll be there presenting
Old 09-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #184
Patrol
VALE 46!

Oddometer: 1,366
Paul,

friends of mine were in Cuba two weeks ago and they texted me and updated Facebook everyday. I think there is a ton of infrastructure modernizing happening in Cuba that isn't being made public.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #185
TrazodoneTara
n00b

Oddometer: 1
great report thanks for the wonderful photos !
TrazodoneTara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #186
travelingman32
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Subscribed.

Your photography is outstanding. Love reading the RR. Looking forward to more.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #187
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol View Post
Paul,

friends of mine were in Cuba two weeks ago and they texted me and updated Facebook everyday. I think there is a ton of infrastructure modernizing happening in Cuba that isn't being made public.
this is one of the main reasons i want to get there ASAP, before the culture is corrupted too much, i just hope i'm not too late and still have the freedom to travel as much as possible too
Old 09-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #188
LethPhaos
brb

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedhd View Post
Didn't I say that was the Road to Hapiness???
when it is said 'you were not prepared' in paul's post, what did he mean? was it physically too hard? did you lack the proper experience to ride those traills?
LethPhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #189
LethPhaos
brb

Oddometer: 567
Thanks Paul for the RR, I love your pictures. They're clearly much better than the pictures from your trip last year.
Thanks as well for covering the prep work, I'm trying to learn as much as I can as I want to start adventure riding as soon as possible (just bought a used Africa Twin, my other bike is a KTM 690 SMC so no long distances so far for me)
LethPhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #190
westerlywinds
Two Wheels-Ride it

Oddometer: 167
ride report

I have really enjioyed the report.great photos. some in colo and utah i remembered, some i'd like to see so I could remember them someday.
westerlywinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #191
SS in Vzla.
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwpaul View Post
this is one of the main reasons i want to get there ASAP, before the culture is corrupted too much, i just hope i'm not too late and still have the freedom to travel as much as possible too

DO NOT tell them you have been trading e-mails with Throttlemeister and you will be able to travel freely ... Remember: "Throttle...who?"

I know I've been slow on my reply to your e-mail, but I'll take care of it with plenty of time before you get to S.A. In the mean time, please keep posting your sweet photos. Enjoy your ride, I'll be enjoying your RR

PS... From now until December I have a lot of work in Merida (Yucatan), Mexico.... I'll be here about 15 days out of every month, so if you decide to come this way drop me an e-mail.... I don't really have info on riding in Mexico that I can help you with, but I DO know all the good beers and we can have that chat about Colombia and Venezuela in person if you like
Old 09-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #192
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS in Vzla. View Post
DO NOT tell them you have been trading e-mails with Throttlemeister and you will be able to travel freely ... Remember: "Throttle...who?"

I know I've been slow on my reply to your e-mail, but I'll take care of it with plenty of time before you get to S.A. In the mean time, please keep posting your sweet photos. Enjoy your ride, I'll be enjoying your RR

PS... From now until December I have a lot of work in Merida (Yucatan), Mexico.... I'll be here about 15 days out of every month, so if you decide to come this way drop me an e-mail.... I don't really have info on riding in Mexico that I can help you with, but I DO know all the good beers and we can have that chat about Colombia and Venezuela in person if you like
i'll be in the area around 2 to 3rd week of october so as i know that i am in the country i'll email you and arrange a meet...beer???? yes beer
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #193
JoDawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Hey Paul. Jody here, I've just finished our Peru/Bolivia trip and I am flying back from La Paz to Toronto tomorrow morning. I'll see you at the HU meeting in Barrie as we will both be presenting I here.

Have a safe trip and see you in a couple of weeks, beers on me.

Cheers, Jody

JoDawg

2009 F800GS
BMWMOA #146900
JoDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #194
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDawg View Post
Hey Paul. Jody here, I've just finished our Peru/Bolivia trip and I am flying back from La Paz to Toronto tomorrow morning. I'll see you at the HU meeting in Barrie as we will both be presenting I here.

Have a safe trip and see you in a couple of weeks, beers on me.

Cheers, Jody
look forward to seeing you...the HU meeting here in NC is going well, i was coming as an observer and so far i have ended up doing three talks so far, so much for watching from a back seat quietly!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #195
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

i'm in North Carolina for the Horizons unlimited meeting, meeting lots of cool people having a good time, minimal riding for me as i have done this area numerous times before so not going to bore you with 20 photos of the Blue Ridge Parkway, just two

all i can tell, if you haven't ridden you should....

took a little time out yesterday and went the Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum, and met up with Dale the owner curator, talk about super knowledgeable and fun guy, and not to mention firing multiple bike up on request and riding them around, it was great (location Maggie Valley NC) if you are in the area stop in...here's a few shots

this is Dale with his bike that he ran the 2010 Canonball, 1917 and earlier bikes

have a look around the museum...thru mu eyes