Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #946
SirBikeALot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Thank you for taking me along on your trips.
I was especially pleased that you were on a 660 Tenere, a bike I have fallen in love with but haven't gotten yet.
I wish you a speedy return to the road.

If I wanted to support you, would you prefer a donation or a purchase of your book? And speaking of books ... When will you publish that border crossing guide, and why only Central America and not south as well?

Take care!
SirBikeALot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #947
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBikeALot View Post
Thank you for taking me along on your trips.
I was especially pleased that you were on a 660 Tenere, a bike I have fallen in love with but haven't gotten yet.
I wish you a speedy return to the road.

If I wanted to support you, would you prefer a donation or a purchase of your book? And speaking of books ... When will you publish that border crossing guide, and why only Central America and not south as well?

Take care!
i'll be back on the road May 15th 2014

as for support, any way you see fit works for me, maybe somewhere to sleep next year and some local knowledge would be good when i come thru Austria?

the border crossing book is nearly done, dozens of pages of information, not just borders but other things that will come in useful too, road rules and signs etc

i didn't add south america, there are so many border crossings its difficult to do them, maybe in the future...but once you have experienced Central America borders anything else is so simple its crazy, and take this from someone with 72 countries under his belt

rtwpaul screwed with this post 04-08-2014 at 06:08 PM
rtwpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #948
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,708
Hi Paul,
I see B.C. on your list, if you plan to get up to Vancouver Island drop me a line...

David.
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #949
BordenBmw
TheFrenchRider

Oddometer: 709
Holy Shit Paul, nice trip.. my birthday is May 16... will be following

Not coming back to Saskatchewan from what I can see.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #950
NorthernStar
Work in Progress

Oddometer: 241
Paul,
Amazing life story and travel adventures indeed!!!!! Looks like you will be embarking on a new chapter next year - looking forward to reading about this one as well.

Just wanted to put a bug in your ear about a country that is missing on your itinerary - on your way back up from Australia before going into Thailand - please consider the Philippines. This country is chuck full of all types of riding and the locals being one of the most hospitable and caring folks you would come across. Here is a link to a thread that showcases a bit of the country http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325844 . This makes me sound like a tourist guide huh

Just to give you a bit of an incentive , you are most welcome to stay with us and use our place and resources here in the Philippines as the "RTWPaul" headquarters while enjoying the experience of traveling through some really exceptional countryside.

Wishing your adventures never end,
Frank
Old 12-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #951
wiswoodsguy
Kmart shopper

Oddometer: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by BordenBmw View Post

My bday is May 16th too, turnin 44yr young

Looking forward to following along on your quest Paul
wiswoodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #952
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Flying out of Vancouver to South Korea, i would be coming up from Washington, is there a ferry i can take from WA to Vancouver Island (includes the immigration) so i can come and do some riding with you before i head west?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
Hi Paul,
I see B.C. on your list, if you plan to get up to Vancouver Island drop me a line...

David.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:00 AM   #953
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwpaul View Post
Flying out of Vancouver to South Korea, i would be coming up from Washington, is there a ferry i can take from WA to Vancouver Island (includes the immigration) so i can come and do some riding with you before i head west?
There is a ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria.

https://cohoferry.com/Fares
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #954
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,708
Quote:
Besided the port angelis ferry there is also the annacortes to sydney run once a day... I have used this run before after taking the scenic hwy 20 over the cascades... there is a campground right around the corner from the terminal that gives a good nightover spot for getting you on the am boat....
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #955
SirBikeALot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
as for support, any way you see fit works for me, maybe somewhere to sleep next year and some local knowledge would be good when i come thru Austria?
I must admit I'm more of an adventurer by proxy. Meaning I live in Vienna in a flat with no guest room, so I'm not in a position to offer you a place to crash.
Vienna is maybe not the ideal destination for bikes ... mechanics are immensely expensive and rob you of your euros.
But there are a bunch of bigger bike stores where you're bound to find parts. I could help you there, if you want. More info in a PM.
SirBikeALot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #956
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BordenBmw View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiswoodsguy View Post
My bday is May 16th too, turnin 44yr young

Looking forward to following along on your quest Paul
then both of you need to celebrate with a long ride
Old 12-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #957
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
Paul,
Amazing life story and travel adventures indeed!!!!! Looks like you will be embarking on a new chapter next year - looking forward to reading about this one as well.

Just wanted to put a bug in your ear about a country that is missing on your itinerary - on your way back up from Australia before going into Thailand - please consider the Philippines. This country is chuck full of all types of riding and the locals being one of the most hospitable and caring folks you would come across. Here is a link to a thread that showcases a bit of the country http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325844 . This makes me sound like a tourist guide huh

Just to give you a bit of an incentive , you are most welcome to stay with us and use our place and resources here in the Philippines as the "RTWPaul" headquarters while enjoying the experience of traveling through some really exceptional countryside.

Wishing your adventures never end,
Frank
this sounds excellent and is definitely on my must see list but it will not on this RTW, it would have to be on the 'next lap' when i take in New Zealand and OZ and would come to you from the south...i'll keep your info and when that time is close i'll contact you, and thank you for the offer
Old 12-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #958
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRambler View Post
There is a ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria.

https://cohoferry.com/Fares
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
Besided the port angelis ferry there is also the annacortes to sydney run once a day... I have used this run before after taking the scenic hwy 20 over the cascades... there is a campground right around the corner from the terminal that gives a good nightover spot for getting you on the am boat....
thanks for the info and gunnerbuck once i get some solid dates i'll be in touch, i'll probably come on the PA/ Vic ferry as i have friends in Gig Harbor WA so that one would be easier, trying to fly the bike out of BC to SK around the 1st/2nd week of june
Old 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #959
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBikeALot View Post
I must admit I'm more of an adventurer by proxy. Meaning I live in Vienna in a flat with no guest room, so I'm not in a position to offer you a place to crash.
Vienna is maybe not the ideal destination for bikes ... mechanics are immensely expensive and rob you of your euros.
But there are a bunch of bigger bike stores where you're bound to find parts. I could help you there, if you want. More info in a PM.
thanks again for the offer of help and the PM, i'll be in touch closer to the date
Old 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #960
yokesman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Paul

seen this-a 640 trip in progress.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=896878&page=1
yokesman is offline   Reply With Quote