Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 04:17 PM   #1096
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,523
Oh hell yeah Paul! Have a great flight man.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #1097
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,956
Rolling out of the campsite straight on to the trail for me is still a little strange; it takes me a few minutes to get into the rhythm, but for gunnerbuck he’s off and disappeared already

a few bends later I find him waiting for my slow ass with a spectacular view as a backdrop

out to a clearing and looking down a previous cut roads we round a corner and a black bear is standing in the middle of the road, he sees and runs away, but stays on the road, I look at GB and he shouts chase him…OK!

The bear stays on the road running in front of me by about ten yards and stays running on the road for at least 500 yards or more, then disappears into the undergrowth

I had my go pro running the whole time, so I got a great video of him…right to the point a few days later when I check the movie and it doesn’t exist…I must have deleted it by mistake…still trying to get the hang of the new one button process

When we stop, GB tells me its not unusual for the bears to jump into a tree and then you can take as many photos as you want as he won’t come down, just a 1% chance he’ll attack

Not two minutes more we round another bend and a bigger bear about twice the size is there, I take chase, and he runs down the road, no trees for him to jump into just a 30 foot drop of the side of the road, he takes what looks to be a suicide leap but lands it perfectly and disappears in seconds

The gopro was son for this as well and yes, it was deleted…dumbass!!!

dropping back into the valley we ride into a logging company yard and in the back there is a small gap in the trees and we are on another secret trail…this one GB tells me he used to use over 30 years ago and its been forgotten by everyone but a select few…this was the widest point, it went on for around 20 km

a quick photo op at the side of the road

another single track to an overlook

So as we’re putting the helmets on, he said, “how about we go tto Vegas for an ice cream”…”I’m in” (for those of you not getting the link, Vegas is where I live when I’m not riding)

The locally world famous Woss Vegas Café

More trails, and logging roads for hours and hours, weather was perfect, trails were perfect…add this to your bucket list for rides

Then its time to head back and give the bikes a little love and a bath

rtwpaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #1098
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,077
Damn it, you were just up in my neck of the woods and I missed meeting you. That's what I get for not checking in on this thread regularly enough
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #1099
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar View Post
Damn it, you were just up in my neck of the woods and I missed meeting you. That's what I get for not checking in on this thread regularly enough
too far away now, i'm already in Seoul, south korea
Old 06-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #1100
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,701
Go Paul Go!!! Great stuff in Southern BC and great pics you have taken Goodluck in Asia.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #1101
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
Go Paul Go!!! Great stuff in Southern BC and great pics you have taken Goodluck in Asia.
still have some stuff left to post from BC then its all from the other side of the planet

rtwpaul screwed with this post 06-11-2014 at 07:46 PM
Old 06-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #1102
sasho
Dual Personality

Oddometer: 533
Hello Paul, I am following your travels with interest!!

When you get to Russia, may I suggest that you buy a SIM card? MTS, a mobile operator in Russia, currently offers 3GB of mobile internet per month for 300RUB, or well under $10 at current exchange rates. It is good all throughout Russia. Mobile coverage in Russia is surprisingly good compared to the US.

Having a number in Russia would also be helpful if someone needs to contact you.

Ride safe, have fun, post often

Sasho
sasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:44 PM   #1103
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho View Post
Hello Paul, I am following your travels with interest!!

When you get to Russia, may I suggest that you buy a SIM card? MTS, a mobile operator in Russia, currently offers 3GB of mobile internet per month for 300RUB, or well under $10 at current exchange rates. It is good all throughout Russia. Mobile coverage in Russia is surprisingly good compared to the US.

Having a number in Russia would also be helpful if someone needs to contact you.

Ride safe, have fun, post often

Sasho
thats great information, thanks...where would i get this from a phone place or somewhere else?
Old 06-12-2014, 01:56 AM   #1104
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

a few days riding in BC video

A few days riding in BC...there's the bears in this video toward the end

rtwpaul screwed with this post 06-12-2014 at 02:07 AM
Old 06-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #1105
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Great pics from Washington, I hope you get the GO PRO figuered out. Ride safe Paul.

Phillip
adventurebound9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #1106
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

the next few days is just relaxing, watching deer and elk walk thru the yard

and the hits keep on coming...a little maintenance and hey here’s a shocker I find another problem…the first KTM one. My bike is leaning a little more than it was so a quick clean and inspection of the side stand bracket reveals this

Took it off for a closer inspection and find the weld on the back side has ZERO penetration…where I worked as a welder I’d be fired for this quality of work…looks like a Friday afternoon weld to me…Hans and Fritz wanted to get to the brewhaus for a few steins…a few minutes later and a driveway stick welder fix and its all good again

Now before you jump up and say, well it’s a KTM and they have issues, go check your odometer and if you have more KM’s than this you can make a sarcastic comment, otherwise

That’s gunnerbuck’s, and the bike is more than going strong and will probably go double that

Gunnerbuck thank you so much for your hospitality and the amazing places you took me, I will be back and that’s a promise, and next time without a tight schedule to keep
Old 06-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #1107
SS in Vzla.
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer: 1,173
Beautiful riding area Lucky guy Gunnerbuck
Old 06-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #1108
Dracula
Deus ex machina

Oddometer: 896
awesome video and trip report Paul, I really enjoy following
Dracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #1109
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,523
Paul, I am starting a list of all the issues you have. When it is time for my trip, I will hope to have "solved" those things beforehand or at least be prepared for them on the road. The report of your riding with GB is fantastic! I am so freaking jealous right now!

Keep the rubber side down man and continued safe travels!
Old 06-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #1110
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
Paul, I am starting a list of all the issues you have. When it is time for my trip, I will hope to have "solved" those things beforehand or at least be prepared for them on the road. The report of your riding with GB is fantastic! I am so freaking jealous right now!

Keep the rubber side down man and continued safe travels!
i have a list too...if you end up getting the same tank as me ALWAYS make sure to turn the gas off if you will stop for more than two minutes otherwise the engine will be flooded, i forgot a few times and it becomes a bitch to start