ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #16
norton(kel)
vintage

Oddometer: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Ever notice everyone driving faster than you is an idiot and everyone driving slower than you is an asshole?

+ 1000
norton(kel) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
I got pulled over by a Morrison PD Officer on 285 - radar'd me while I was passing a slow moving car.

I told him that I was eliminating what I considered to be a threat and was busy watching the car that I was passing in the curve and not glued to my speedo. He understood the dynamics and let me go with a warning.

Cool cop he was.
Yeah, the only experience I have had with the Morrison gendarmes was positive. I was riding with my wife through the curves at Red Rocks and an idiot in a junked up SUV passed up going into a curve at about 40 mph and almost wiped us out. He set up his SUV and looked like he was going to spend some time just below the ampitheatre. So I rode back into town and explained to the cop on duty and he immediately followed us back out there, but the guy figured out I was pissed and he had left.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #18
cojoel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
I got pulled over by a Morrison PD Officer on 285 - radar'd me while I was passing a slow moving car.

I told him that I was eliminating what I considered to be a threat and was busy watching the car that I was passing in the curve and not glued to my speedo. He understood the dynamics and let me go with a warning.

Cool cop he was.
Smart one your are Master Yoda.

'06 Kawi KLR 685
'00 Suzuki DRZ 400E Plated
'09 Sherco ST2.9
cojoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #19
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton(kel) View Post
No, it's a revenue scam no mater who they pop.

A guy a few weeks ago, swerved around a bicyclist who suddenly jumped out into this lane. He went two tires over a double yellow line in his evasive action. No other traffic anywhere nearby, just a Morrison Nazi a long way back, just close enough to see this imaginary transgression. Pop! ChaChing! Fuck Morrison.
tkent02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #20
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post
No, it's a revenue scam no mater who they pop.

A guy a few weeks ago, swerved around a bicyclist who suddenly jumped out into this lane. He went two tires over a double yellow line in his evasive action. No other traffic anywhere nearby, just a Morrison Nazi a long way back, just close enough to see this imaginary transgression. Pop! ChaChing! Fuck Morrison.
I am fortunate that my job allows me a flexible schedule to take my day in court.
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #21
MurphCO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Rode through there on Sunday, and then peak to peak up to Estes

got clocked somewhere north of Blackhawk and he finally caught me just shy of Rollinsville....not bragging, it lends to the story...so he lights me up and I pull over, first he yells at me about my earbuds, then the speeding, then about how it took him forever to catch me..."I don't know how you got past all that traffic"....comes back from his truck and tells me to slow it down and lets me go.

praise Allah

I just moved up to Denver from Pueblo West, and am use to being able to open it up in the mountains with very little traffic/run ins with John Law. Where do you Denver folks go that is fairly close, but not so crowded or patrolled?
Old 07-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #22
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Ever notice everyone driving faster than you is an idiot and everyone driving slower than you is an asshole?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #23
TheMightyQuinn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
I go through Morrison on most of my rides. I used to do a fair amount of business there, gas and snacks at the Conoco breakfast and dinners at the local restaurants, and such. Last fall at 5am on a Saturday I was heading west on Morrison road intending to catch C470 to I70. I got caught in the speed trap just east of C470. Never even got close to Morrison proper. It was an obvious revenue generating trap which had little or nothing to do with public safety. Cost me $195. Pissed me off. That was the last money anyone in Morrison has seen from me since.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #24
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphCO View Post
Where do you Denver folks go that is fairly close, but not so crowded or patrolled?
Why do you think dirt riding is so popular here?
Old 07-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Looks like other folks feel the same way. The article says mostly for 15 and above.

15 and above 45mph. Nice.

http://origin.9news.com/dontmiss/250...ap-in-Morrison

In response to the fact that the cops will drive people away, said leader pontificated:
Quote:
Sandoval's response is that a higher accident rate would scare more people away than a higher ticket rate.
Sure buddy.

I recall a local town in Oregon who also annexed a portion by the freeway and allegedly the legislature eventually shut it all down.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #26
Spike38 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shercoman View Post
If you want to see something interesting,look at the Morrison town platte of the city property. They annexed a thin strip of land from the town proper all the way out to 285 so they could generate revenue from that road.
Revenue from 285 is like a self feeding ATM Pull them over and CHA CHING
Spike38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #27
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,079
Morrison Police Nazi's

Just out of curiosity, what is wrong with giving tickets to someone exceeding the posted legal speed limit as a revenue generating system? Isn't that a targeted user tax that does not apply to someone not bending the rules? Is it different than charging a sales tax when someone buys something and not charging someone who does not buy something? Whatever level of government you want, we have to pay for what we vote for. Would it be better if your local, state and federal taxes were higher to help pay the bills?

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?

FatChance screwed with this post 07-19-2012 at 06:49 PM
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #28
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is wrong with giving tickets to someone exceeding the posted legal speed limit as a revenue generating system? Isn't that a targeted user tax that does not apply to someone not bending the rules? Would it be better if your local, state and federal taxes were higher to help pay the bills?
I would prefer they only bother people doing dangerous things.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #29
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,079
Morrison Police Nazi's

Please deal with the reality of the number of accidents caused by excessive speed assuming you are part of the solution and not part of the problem....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #30
Downhill Dave
Busco aventura

Oddometer: 621
This is America , it's not my fault I was driving too fast!!

It's the Democrats/Republicans that let the real lawbreakers roam free while I get hassled by The Man .

Sorry its too much time with teenage boys (replace your choice of party with "Parents")
Downhill Dave is offline   Reply With Quote