Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
The Evil Twin OP
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 451
Question '10+ GSA Full Exhaust System- Whatcha got on yours?

Hey folks! I almost bought an Akrapovic system for my '12 GSA, but found out that it will not fit with the BMW side cases installed Seriously? They make the slip on offered as an option, why not a system? Oh well.....
So, I know that Remus makes one but are there any other options that fit with the cases? What has worked for you guys and gals?
Thanks!
*edit* I'm assuming that I will need a PC or some sort of fuel controller to modify the map. I posted the question here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=813459 , so if ya'll have any input on that it would be appreciated!
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 Overall Mid Atlantic
2012 Cornerworker of the Year

The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
Hey folks! I almost bought an Akrapovic system for my '12 GSA, but found out that it will not fit with the BMW side cases installed Seriously? They make the slip on offered as an option, why not a system? Oh well.....
So, I know that Remus makes one but are there any other options that fit with the cases? What has worked for you guys and gals?
Thanks!
*edit* I'm assuming that I will need a PC or some sort of fuel controller to modify the map. I posted the question here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=813459 , so if ya'll have any input on that it would be appreciated!
The information you received is completely incorrect, the DOHC Akra full system will fit with either BMW bags. There is both a GS and Adventure in my garage with BMW Adventure bags and full Akras.

The dual muffler hi/lo Akra will not work with Vario bags but works with Adv bags with a little tweaking, but thats on the hexhead SOHC bikes
Old 08-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
The Evil Twin OP
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
The information you received is completely incorrect, the DOHC Akra full system will fit with either BMW bags. There is both a GS and Adventure in my garage with BMW Adventure bags and full Akras.

The dual muffler hi/lo Akra will not work with Vario bags but works with Adv bags with a little tweaking, but thats on the hexhead SOHC bikes
I was wondering if it was correct information because MAX BMW has it on their 1270 with the OEM mounts. Ironically, Akrapovic USA is where I got the information. It's just an expensive mistake to make if the aluminum cases don't work with it.
I see you have a '10 listed on your profile (not stalking, just trying to answer my own question ), that is the same as the '12, correct? I didn't see the over/ under for the '12. No matter, as I like the single. Do you have any photos of it?
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 Overall Mid Atlantic
2012 Cornerworker of the Year

The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote