Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #91
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
13K miles,heavy load of oil,pump gas (most of the time ) and a corrected squish/chamber as it came off the cylinders. Notice the lack of carbon. The oil running to the exhaust side wiped off with a rag. 160 PSI cold cranking pressure.

OEM base and head gaskets sans any goo.

anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #92
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
Why dont you provide your favoured method of adjusting squish clearance shocktower? All we have at the moment is what I have suggested, and a link to someone offering to do the work mail order.
Well I just take a short ride up to RB and let the expert do it , his well know shop is about 15 miles from me

'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Shocktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #93
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Budget View Post
I just wanna see "Real world conditions of PROVEN success" with detailed hi rez video and pics when Twin shocker jerks all the gaskets out of a air cooled RD 350 and gives it a few squirts of RTV silicone instead.

Get her up around 160 PSI compression, tighten down those 4 little head nuts as hard as he wants, enter a 4 hour endurance race, and pin the throttle up to red line for about 2 total hours of the race !

Proof is in pics and video........not theory. Trophys dont lie, but internet advisors do.

As to the "So called experts" Twin shocker is so strongly against, if they truely are a expert at what they do, how do you think they attained that status ? By argueing on the internet ? By using outdated and neanderthal supplys and methods ?

They became experts by applying technology, sometimes trial and error, somtimes through science and engineering, but allways willing to realize when things didnt work, its wrong to defend a failed idea.

The fact they charge a premium for their services.......if they even offer their expertise to the public, is a small price to pay if you want a professional result. Far less expensive in the long run compared to failed experiments in a rainey backyard shed.

I hate paying for services, that I know I can do, but when I don't know, I get out the check book and pay a true proffessional, I don't make ignorant mistakes

'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Old 08-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #94
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocktower View Post
Well I just take a short ride up to RB and let the expert do it , his well know shop is about 15 miles from me
That will be fine............but adjusting squish via mail order, relying on measurements which may well be wrong doesnt seem that great an idea though.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #95
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Budget View Post
I just wanna see "Real world conditions of PROVEN success" with detailed hi rez video and pics when Twin shocker jerks all the gaskets out of a air cooled RD 350 and gives it a few squirts of RTV silicone instead.

Get her up around 160 PSI compression, tighten down those 4 little head nuts as hard as he wants, enter a 4 hour endurance race, and pin the throttle up to red line for about 2 total hours of the race !

Proof is in pics and video........not theory. Trophys dont lie, but internet advisors do.

As to the "So called experts" Twin shocker is so strongly against, if they truely are a expert at what they do, how do you think they attained that status ? By argueing on the internet ? By using outdated and neanderthal supplys and methods ?

They became experts by applying technology, sometimes trial and error, somtimes through science and engineering, but allways willing to realize when things didnt work, its wrong to defend a failed idea.

The fact they charge a premium for their services.......if they even offer their expertise to the public, is a small price to pay if you want a professional result. Far less expensive in the long run compared to failed experiments in a rainey backyard shed.

I think that if you had dealt with many so called experts, you may well have found out the hard (and expensive!) way what it is most are expert at!
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #96
anotherguy
Banned

I'm no "expert". I just know what I'm doing.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #97
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I think that if you had dealt with many so called experts, you may well have found out the hard (and expensive!) way what it is most are expert at!

Well Ron at RB has been doing Rd's and other 2 strokes for a few weeks and My Google search tells me he has a good rep, that and several other forums which just talk about 2 strokes, and he is well know for his solder tech via postal service

'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Old 08-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #98
anotherguy
Banned

Yeah you cannot go wrong there.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #99
Ever Onward
Time Killer

Oddometer: 706
Quote:
Yes ! Yes, I personally have........a entire season of endurance racing, along with a season of sprint racing resulted in 13 trophys on the podium in a single season.

Not a single mechanical issue, never had to do anything except check timing every couple races. Hours, and hours and hours of wide open throttle at red line.

Simply assembled correctly by a "So called expert" with stock factory gaskets.

Ever Onward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #100
anotherguy
Banned

I'm lovin' the "race transport" in the background.