ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #151
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,269
Textile Riding gear wanted:

I've accomplished my goal of dropping 60 pounds in a little over a year, but as a consequence, my riding gear doesn't fit me anymore...pants just won't stay on (I could think of worse problems to have). So I need some different stuff. I'm 5'11, 165 pounds, 36 inch waist, 30" inseam. I'd prefer to trade some stuff, but I'm open to cash as well. Not looking for anything fancy if it's a cash thing - just something with pads that's not about to fall apart. I can't spend too much cash on this, so if you have a bunch of nice, new stuff, it's probably out of my league...unless you wanna work out some sort of trade. I'm looking for textiles - not solid mesh or leather. Please shoot me a PM if you have something that might fit.

I have a Cannondale F900 SX Lefty 26er that I'm willing to trade for a nicer set of gear. Might be open to some camera gear trades as well...digital and film stuff. Also have a Yakima roof rack with lots of bits. Whatcha got?

rob feature screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 06:07 PM
rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #152
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,520
Hi, ladies and gentleman. I'm looking for a 21x1.60 tire and also a tube if you have one. Cheap, or free! Used but not dead. Preferably a 50/50. I'd buy new but have no idea if this trailer will actually work.

Thanks!
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #153
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
Textile Riding gear wanted:

I've accomplished my goal of dropping 60 pounds in a little over a year, but as a consequence, my riding gear doesn't fit me anymore...pants just won't stay on (I could think of worse problems to have). So I need some different stuff. I'm 5'11, 165 pounds, 36 inch waist, 30" inseam. I'd prefer to trade some stuff, but I'm open to cash as well. Not looking for anything fancy if it's a cash thing - just something with pads that's not about to fall apart. I can't spend too much cash on this, so if you have a bunch of nice, new stuff, it's probably out of my league...unless you wanna work out some sort of trade. I'm looking for textiles - not solid mesh or leather. Please shoot me a PM if you have something that might fit.

I have a Cannondale F900 SX Lefty 26er that I'm willing to trade for a nicer set of gear. Might be open to some camera gear trades as well...digital and film stuff. Also have a Yakima roof rack with lots of bits. Whatcha got?

I have a Revit Cheyenne I don't use anymore as I am into a Klim Jacket now.
A pair of thier pants as well. Has both liners, warm and wet. Well used, took me to Copper Canyon for a few years.
Still decent kit, just long in the tooth. You will not be called a noob. Plus I doubt I would fit into the jacket easily. I'm out of town, but I'll give you a hollar when I get back.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #154
Joz
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarNick View Post
Hi, ladies and gentleman. I'm looking for a 21x1.60 tire and also a tube if you have one. Cheap, or free! Used but not dead. Preferably a 50/50. I'd buy new but have no idea if this trailer will actually work.

Thanks!

Nick - were you looking for shocks or forks recently? I've got some spares if you still need them.

"Get on with living or get on with dying" Paul Rodden 71 years old
Diesel RV build

Joz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #155
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz View Post
Nick - were you looking for shocks or forks recently? I've got some spares if you still need them.
I actually bought a new 50/100cc off ebay for $25 shipped. Should be here soon.

Thanks, though, I appreciate the offer.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #156
Joz
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 1,817
Well, that's probably much better than my 30+ year old shocks of questionable heritage and reliability. Didn't want to offer them till I was sure I actually still had them. Stumbled across them yesterday.

Probably have a spare tire but not sure that I have anything that skinny. Think all mine are 3.00. If you can use something that wide - you're welcome to it.

"Get on with living or get on with dying" Paul Rodden 71 years old
Diesel RV build

Joz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #157
DakarNick
Swabee

I've been offered a few larger ones. I just think they may be too much shock for such a light trailer.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #158
El Caballo Loco
Pants-free living!

Oddometer: 404
WTB: DRZ-E fuel tank mounting hardware

Like the title says. Also looking for the hardware and rubber cushions/isolators.

These are the brackets that secure the lower front of the tank to the frame.
El Caballo Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #159
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 439
Solar System Batteries

A friend has to replace the batteries at his off the grid solar powered house. If anyone has a line on some good deals on them please let me know. Looking for approx. 24 12 volt 75+ AH batteries.

Thanks

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #160
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post
A friend has to replace the batteries at his off the grid solar powered house. If anyone has a line on some good deals on them please let me know. Looking for approx. 24 12 volt 75+ AH batteries.

Thanks
Take a look at some 6 v golf cart batteries. example: Trojan T-605 210 AH
Long life and superior power.

Use to use golf cart 6V batteries for radio solar sites with excellent results and I now use a pair for my camp trailer and have yet to run them down even after 5-6 days. They have more space below the plates for crud before they tend to short out (like all batteries) and more liquid hieight above the plates for longer topping interavals.
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #161
DakarNick
Swabee

Orange KTM Fender

Looking for a fender, preferably orange from a KTM. Not really particular on type or style or what model it's from. Just need one to cover the rear wheel on my trailer and somewhat match the bike
Old 10-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #162
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,907
For stand alone solar one should be using batteries rated in amd/day rater than amp/hour. Or if in amp hour be on the order of 1000+ hour. Also remember to size for as little discharge as uou can manage and they will last longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansfel View Post
Take a look at some 6 v golf cart batteries. example: Trojan T-605 210 AH
Long life and superior power.

Use to use golf cart 6V batteries for radio solar sites with excellent results and I now use a pair for my camp trailer and have yet to run them down even after 5-6 days. They have more space below the plates for crud before they tend to short out (like all batteries) and more liquid hieight above the plates for longer topping interavals.
my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #163
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post

Thanks
I'm sure you have battery recondition companies closer, but I use American battery here in C/S for all my vehicles and my travel trailer. Generally about $30.00 a piece for car batteries with a one year warranty. I forget what they charged for the big sealed battery in my trailer, but it wasn't much more. I think they'll recondition batteries you bring them as well.
MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #164
kbob999
Red Rider

Oddometer: 130
WTB Plate-a-bike stuff

Looking for a few street legal items to plate a KDX. Any LED to use for a brake light; Mega Horn (9V battery) or similar; bar mount mirror with clamp or 10mm thread. I've got the DOT tires and a reflector. Thanks Guys!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #165
Wentjo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
WTB Stock KTM springs

I'm looking for some stock springs for an 04 KTM 200 EXC, I think they are 38's. 40's might be ok too. Thanks
Wentjo is offline   Reply With Quote