ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #466
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,207
A long shot, but...

WTT: 32mm Motion Pro Combo Lever (fits KTM 950/990 wheel axle nuts) for a 22mm Motion Pro Combo Lever
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #467
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
xr650r

I'm looking for a clean BRP tank around 4 gallons, those 6 gallons rigs are not desire able but would consider one.

I am looking falso rear rear racks to make my a BRP Adv bike

TooFast screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 08:09 AM
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #468
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
18" Tires, Wolfman Luggage

I've got a Dunlop 803 Trials on the rear right now, I need something that will take a little more road abuse. Really interested to try a Pirelli MT43. But I just need something to ride on before I tear the knobs off this trials tire. I'd like to try a Dunlop 606 too, just cause I hear they really hold up. Let me know! I wanna get out and ride, but I'd kinda like to ride my newly plated bike to the ride, you know?

I'm looking for a set of E-12 Wolfman Saddlebags, daytrippers, Enduro duffel, bottle holsters, enduro pocket, front fender bag.. Anything, I'm looking for some luggage ASAP!
Geolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #469
Asatrur
Newbie KLR adv rider

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolander View Post
I've got a Dunlop 803 Trials on the rear right now, I need something that will take a little more road abuse. Really interested to try a Pirelli MT43. But I just need something to ride on before I tear the knobs off this trials tire. I'd like to try a Dunlop 606 too, just cause I hear they really hold up. Let me know! I wanna get out and ride, but I'd kinda like to ride my newly plated bike to the ride, you know?

I'm looking for a set of E-12 Wolfman Saddlebags, daytrippers, Enduro duffel, bottle holsters, enduro pocket, front fender bag.. Anything, I'm looking for some luggage ASAP!
I love my Shinko 244's for both off-road ability and on-road durability.
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #470
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
I love my Shinko 244's for both off-road ability and on-road durability.
Got any take offs with any life in them? I'd like to make a trip up to Longmont to check out Wolfman's storefront anyway.

I gotta keep my budget on the cheap for a tire right now if I wanna spend some money on luggage. Just something to get me by, I feel bad on the road tearing up this 803... It seems that just the heat build up starts to round off the knobs, I'm being easy on it, and this bike either has an incredible amount of torque or as I know anyway, this tire has no business going over 25-30 MPH for any longer than 10-15 minutes at a time on the road.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #471
Asatrur
Newbie KLR adv rider

Quote:
Got any take offs with any life in them? I'd like to make a trip up to Longmont to check out Wolfman's storefront anyway.

I gotta keep my budget on the cheap for a tire right now if I wanna spend some money on luggage. Just something to get me by, I feel bad on the road tearing up this 803... It seems that just the heat build up starts to round off the knobs, I'm being easy on it, and this bike either has an incredible amount of torque or as I know anyway, this tire has no business going over 25-30 MPH for any longer than 10-15 minutes at a time on the road.
After this weekend, I will have my new set on and my old ones probably have 1-2K left on them depending on how one rides.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #472
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 9,164
If this is for the WR, the D606 is a good all-around choice, as is the Pirelli MT-21. if you want to stick with the trials-type tire, the MT-43 seems well-liked and more durable than a "real" trials bike tire.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #473
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
After this weekend, I will have my new set on and my old ones probably have 1-2K left on them depending on how one rides.
I'm interested, in at least the rear. Where do you get your tires at? Locally, or online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
If this is for the WR, the D606 is a good all-around choice, as is the Pirelli MT-21. if you want to stick with the trials-type tire, the MT-43 seems well-liked and more durable than a "real" trials bike tire.
CRF450X, same thing, but red. Anything would be better than that trials tire ATM...
Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #474
James Adams
Misplaced

Quote:
CRF450X, same thing, but red. Anything would be better than that trials tire ATM...
If you want something more aggressive than a D606, I've been quite satisfied with the Pirelli Scorpion XCMH on my RXV. But it won't last nearly as long on the pavement. For that, it's hard to beat the D606.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #475
Asatrur
Newbie KLR adv rider

Quote:
I'm interested, in at least the rear. Where do you get your tires at? Locally, or online?
I get mine online at americanmototire.com
What size are you looking for?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #476
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I get mine online at americanmototire.com
What size are you looking for?
Honestly I'm not real picky right now, but I'm really light, so wide is good, but I know there's clearance issues after 130ish with some tire brands.

120/100ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
If you want something more aggressive than a D606, I've been quite satisfied with the Pirelli Scorpion XCMH on my RXV. But it won't last nearly as long on the pavement. For that, it's hard to beat the D606.
That's what I hear about the D606's that they just last and last to road abuse. Do you know of another tire that's somewhere in between? How much road riding does your RXV see? How do those Pirelli's wear? Got any take offs I could get a month out of? By the way.. Had to look up what an RXV was.. ....what a sick bike! That's exotic man. I like it. Got any pictures of yours?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #477
James Adams
Misplaced

Quote:
That's what I hear about the D606's that they just last and last to road abuse. Do you know of another tire that's somewhere in between? How much road riding does your RXV see? How do those Pirelli's wear? Got any take offs I could get a month out of? By the way.. Had to look up what an RXV was.. ....what a sick bike! That's exotic man. I like it. Got any pictures of yours?
I have some friends who are very big fans of the Bridgestone 403/404 combo for the terrain around here, but I'm not sure how long they last. I may give them a try after this set wears out.

I get about 1000 miles on the Pirelli XCMH set with not a lot of road use.

EDIT: I do have a studded IRC VE33 and random non-DOT Dunlop front you can have. Both have some wear but are still usable. They came on my CR and I wasn't a fan.

James Adams screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 08:55 AM
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #478
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 2,966
Quote:
I have a new (used one day) set I was getting ready to put in the Flea Mkt ($100). Let me know if you're interested.

Dave
Old 05-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #479
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StmbtDave View Post
I have a new (used one day) set I was getting ready to put in the Flea Mkt ($100). Let me know if you're interested.

Dave
PM on it's way.

/edit PM sent!

Geolander screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 09:38 AM
Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #480
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,800
Speaking of Wolfman and luggage. If anyone has some soft saddle bags that would fit on my Stelvio I would be interested. Something like a expedition or maybe a large rolie ? Just can't afford brandy new right now.

WOW Already done. Is this place great or what.

Marc

Lomax screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 10:35 AM
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote