Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #31
Ginger Beard OP
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,982
Took a ride up through Lake Placid FL yesterday. It's a really neat little town with a ton of lakes and some nice rolling hills.

Nuke testing off of us27 ?! No. This is a sugar cane fire as seen from a distance. The sweet stink has to be experienced in person to be appreciated.

Red tail hawk that was screeching at me as I was walking up to take his photo. He was not too thrilled that I was on his turf.

Beautiful Cedar hammock off of CR731 complete with a small river running through it.

Lazy day for the this fellow as well.

My faithful Sportster. I have nicknamed it Gunter after the evil penguin on Adventure Time.

I also took a walk around the Archibold Research station. Had the place all to myself. Seriously there was not one other person here....NICE!! This area was once deforested by loggers but has been saved as a preserve that is used for teaching and research. Very cool.

A relaxing lunch at the Tower View restaurant. I had the back patio mostly to myself. $9.00 for a country style meal and a beer!

Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote