Awesome trip!!
Thank you very much for sharing!!
GuillermoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #47
red1100cc
motorcycle snowman

Oddometer: 152
Laugh rock on!

that is an awesome trip! thank you for the pics. see ya on the org.
red1100cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #48
Yukoner2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Hey Shnizel, was great meeting you and now reading your RR. Glad you had a good trip (not counting the rain). At least you got to dry out in the Dawson heat.
Yukoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #49
TanasiRob
Squid Emeritus

Oddometer: 953
Thanks for reminding me of what great people are out there on two wheels.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #50
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Thanks for the info.
I'm in the process of planning my trip.
How many miles round trip?
rico2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #51
Blanca Busa
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Shnizzle you are the Schnizz. I think you just embarrassed half the male world with this feat. I knew you could do it.
Absolutely awesome pics and yes the one you said was one of your favorites is great. Poster worthy. I love the goldwing with knobbies. As a fellow Busa rider I salute you and your accomplishment. This is definitely something to brag about and be proud of.
Blanca Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #52
1TrackSam
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Great report and very inspirational too! Thank you.
1TrackSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #53
Gooner
DC 43

Oddometer: 125
Congrats on a great adventure. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Gooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #54
NoShock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Impressive, inspiring, and entertaining. Thank you
NoShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #55
Yellow Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
My hat is off to you for accomplishing something that most would tell you "Aint no way!" Loved the pics and your resolve not to let life's crappy deals hold you down. You have my respect inmate.
Yellow Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #56
07wee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Awesome ride report, thanks for taking us along!
07wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #57
AKtraveler
SEAK

Oddometer: 46
Thumb Good stuff

I really enjoyed your ride report...saw you at D2D and your positive energy and happiness was so evident.
AKtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #58
theshnizzle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Wow. I am rally overwhelmed by the response. While reading through,I was actually getting teary-eyed. I just thought I was posting up another RR that would get a couple of comments and then get lost in the constant swirl of RR. In response to your question....I rode 15,000 kilometers. I bought the bike with just under 5000 MILES on it,late fall of 2010,so I wasn't able to ride it then,I think it was November.

I am just a tick shy of 40,000 miles now.

.The interwebz can be such a horrible cruel place, most of the time and on motorcycle forums,internet douche-baggery runs rampant. I always figured the MC forums should be a place for inspiration and support amongst riders,after all, isn't everyone out to get us? We gotta stick together!

Sadly, I found out that not all forums are created equal. But ADV has certainly been a great inspiration to me,with all the info supplied and with the gentle and not-so- gentle ribbing that goes on. But I don't think I have read anything maliciously and deliberately cruel and hurtful on here.

Plus if you decide to go to a 'not-really-a-meet or 250-of-us-are-hanging-out-in-dawson-city-but-it's-not-a-rally.....it's pretty hard to hide behind a keyboard . It was awesome meeting other inmates up there,awesome. A really superb group of people.

I think about the people I met along the way,the Israilie couple who had just gotten out of the army and were driving around North America. They invited me over for dinner at their campsite and were very intrigued about how much teeny-tiny stuff I had on the bike.

The group of RVers who invited me for steak dinner, just by saying hello and wishing them a " good evening!" an invite was in hand. Thank you ! L ars on the KLR at the camp in Whitehorse,you were funny. So angry about the weather when you pulled up,what a character,hey Lars....!!!! and the RV guy at boya Lake who when I spotted 2 huge bags of doritos in the window of his rig at the water filling station,I was overcome with a urgent and immediate craving for Doritos ( I was really hungry) and when I offered to buy a bag from him,he flatly refused LOL

There is one person who I MUST mention who personifies what the camaraderie of riding a bike is about..

I had pulled over to put on another layer of clothing and just as I was about to get back on the bike,a ST went by, the rider giving the little honk and thumbs-up question. I replied with same and pulled out directly behind him. He and I both stopped at the next rest stop where we chatted for a few minutes.

He looked at my gloves and asked if I had anything warmer. I told him ,no, but I had a thin pair of leather gloves that I wore underneath my riding gloves. Between that,my duct-tape hand guards and heated grips, riding was do-able when it got cold. He immediatley reached in his topbox and proffered a pair of expensive Held riding gloves,insisted I take them and just mail them back when I got home.

And thats what it's all about.

I kinda like to think I am amotorcycling ambassador out on the road,people are really intrigued about an older gal like myself with a million kids riding around by herself and camping on a big sportbike. i am always happy to answer their questions and ask about themselves...hopefully later they will mention the " nice lady we met....ON A MOTORCYCLE"

I wasnt nice to the lady the other day in the parking lot who had 2 dogs in the car,in the heat with the window cracked,oh about a half inch. lady, you have no idea how close I came to planting my boot through your window and then on your ass.

Ok, i'm back......Anyway, its nice to be nice....LOL. I have a lot of work to do,especially when there are people out there like the fella who had short straight pipes on his Harley,sat with his bike running and goosing it every ten seconds and was wearing a shirt that said...." Too loud? Too fucking bad"

I mean, seriously.....sigh......See? I have lot of ammbassadoring to do........LOL
theshnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #59
Kujo1967
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Great RR!
When I took my concours up to prudhoe bay last year, I could talk for hours about the gravel, mosquitoes, wildlife, scenery, etc.
But now, a year later, as I reflect back on it, the thing I remember the most is...
The awesome kindred spirits I met out on the road.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 AM   #60
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,278
wow...love that fact you took your bike up there but man...I would have been a bit nervous as we know how those roads are up there. Congrats on your successful ride....would you take your Hayabusa again?
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote