Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #91
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
Joel honestly, you are the last person I would have thought would actually do secret rides. Nice pics glad it was fun.

Sean, glad you mention it. Many know that for the last 5 years I care about people and in building a community. Always putting the time, effort and resources organizing rides, painstakingly taking pictures, and writing ride reports. I do it for one reason only - to motivate people to come out and ride, with the hope that we could build a community.

Time has changed. The West Regional, particularly the LA/OC, has transitioned to a new kind of environment; a few call it freedom, free to say anything to anyone with contempt, no accountability or responsibility. As long it doesn't cross the line from getting booted down to the basement - it is perfectly tolerable.

Right now, it is not a place I want to hang out anymore, though I missed many of you guys. I'll continue to stop by and see what's going on.

Yes it's true, I made a new bed....was forced to since the few continue to puke, pee and shit on my old one.....hahaha. And contrary to what others say, it is not by invitation only; more than half of the names I see, I don't even know them.

I do not want to make further comments, other than this forum will remain dear to me; I started here, put in my fair share, and will continue to participate in all healthy endeavors.

Me too, I missed riding with you, nevertheless, I still value those times you took care of me.

See you later and ride safe!

Quote:
No hard feelings. Just something I feel should be adressed. It's just lame that big rides need to be hidden because of what a few post on these boards. I was under the impression that most of the bullshit ends when people gather for a ride and meet in person, shake hands and shoot the shit and actually ride.Regardless of what gets typed up sometimes. FYI, ride Sunday, meet 15 and 138. 2 dr650s so far.

sounds like having 2 personalites; once 1 got abusive, don't worry i will bring the good one when i show up on the ride.

hehe, i can't even keep up with my one and only.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #92
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,960
It was an other great Big Bear ride. Close to home, great weather, better trails and best people around.

Here is my RR:
Night Riders met at McDonald's, 138 & 15. We were 7 in total but Dave and Andy rode Gleghorn to 138 and left early to go back home. Cleghorn was in it's worst shape since I first rode it almost 2 years ago. Very very sandy especially going up from 15.
Here is Joel with his new LED's. These LED's are a must for night rides.

Dave following Andy on Cleghorn climb.

Jon has same LED's on his SE. They do help a lot.

As I said earlier, my point & shoot camera doesn't work well at night. Sorry for the low quality pictures.
Here is an other one of Dave and Andy. Andy's GSA had plenty of light as well. :shock:

We had dinner at Neo's Pizza House in Running Springs. Great pizza. I'll definitely go back.

We made it to the camp around 10:30pm. Rich had the fire going and had a cooler full of beer, hot dogs, etc. We had some chit chat around the camp fire and went to bed after midnight. Weather was perfect. I didn't even put on my fleece nor rainfly for the tent.

Saturday morning we were up by 8 and ready to ride by 9am. By this time Eric and Duy were already at the camp and ready to roll

Duy and his Barbie

As we were pulling out of the camp, Rich and his son Rick were playing games.

Group shot in Big Bear. Notice Tom's salute. ;)

We were done with north of lake and cross the town to the south side, back of Big Bear. We were following Joel's tracks and we all know what happens when we do that, right... We get lost.... :lol:

Big bikes

After couple detours and some exploration we made it to Azteca for lunch. But we were way ahead of schedule. We were supposed to be there at 1:00pm but we made it by 11:30am. Jon was hungry, that's why. :lol:

About an hour later street riders showed up. Caty, Jim, Chris, his friend (sorry cant recall the name) and Rich with his son.

Thanks Rich for organizing this ride for us.

More to come...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #93
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,960
After the long lunch, Joel took short cut to the nearest gas station, about 20 miles. :lol:

Finally we are there

I think I'v never seen Eric sitting on that bike. He is always on pegs, on and off the road. :lol:

Then we finally came to the fun part of the ride, water crossing.
Joel was first:

Duy made a huge splash. WOW...

Eric kept it easy

Back and forth

Here is a cheater, going right, to shallow, where is the fun in that???

We were back in camp way before sunset and had time to relax and socialize.
Rich's Jeep is badass

What to do what to doooo

Again:

Nope, Bill doesn't drink

San Diego crew. I have to say, they are a bunch of super fun, easy going, full of "accent" people. I feel at home... :lol: They had an open buffet for Saturday night. And yes, they did have a microwave...

Average age of riders here are 65, can you believe that??? :shock:
I wish I can ride half of these guys when I get to that age... :roll:

We went to bed early on Saturday night, around 10pm. Other big bikers were already headed home by then.
Sunday morning Bill and Duy left early. San Diego crew went for an other ride while I, Rich and Joel got ready to head back home.

On our way back home Joel and I rode through Hesparia.

Hoping to go through Sito's wash (or it's detour) we were stopped by a construction zone on Ranchero Road. And took a lengthy detour on the wrong side of the railroad tracks. So were never be able to go through wash. We made it to Summit Inn for lunch though.

While I was listening to load music and drinking water with one hand, on one of the turns on sandy Hesparia backroads, my front end washed out and I went down on my right side. Couldn't walk step away from the bike this time and hit my elbow on the ground. Got a deep cut. :(

Thank God Joel was fully prepared as usual and did the first aid on the spot. Just an other reason to feel safe while riding with Joel...
Lesson learned, ATGATT is a must and never loose concentration while riding...
Almost all my little tip overs are due to my right wrist turning too much to slide on corners. Sometimes I cant hold the bike up and it does a 180 while I simply walk away with out even touching the ground. But sometimes front end washes out and this is the dangerous one. Especially going down hill with some speed. I can't walk away and go down with the bike. Nothing serious as long as I have my upper body armor, especially elbows.
So I will have my armor at WMRS. :oops:
This concludes my RR. Hope you enjoyed it as well as the ride.
Thanks again for reading and riding with us.
As usual more pictures of this trip is on my SmugMug.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #94
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

saturday ride

first thing first, walked over to the other side of the road and said hello to the sd boys

serge's bike took a day off

the ride started with burnouts and these 2 didn't leave much for riding

my montana gps died again, so i asked ersin to lead......the kid was fast (we'll find out later we were early for lunch...huh)

the rider used to be known as t-d-bowl; he too was fast and i the poor noobie fought for my life to stay with the group

jon on his adventurized se950
Old 08-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #95
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

the riding was actually pretty good, the road wasn't in bad shape and we only saw a few peeps

evidence of a forest fire here many years ago, but those rock formation made it interesting enough

we found ed here at this section and we adopted him for a few miles until he hooked up again with the sd gang

as usual, duy is on the attack mode

though they lack in color coordination, still i wish i had some time and rode with the san diegans; they are a happy bunch

hit the pavement to get over to the other side of the lake

more coming
Old 08-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #96
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post

Duy made a huge splash. WOW...

you just want me to post yours.....ok, good enough for 2nd place...
Old 08-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #97
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 741
Nice photos guys, looks like one hell of a ride! Would have loved to made this one.
isaac004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #98
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Average age of riders here are 65, can you believe that??? :shock:
I wish I can ride half of these guys when I get to that age... :roll:

the man in the middle finished 4th at the elsinore grand prix which was featured "on any sunday" starring steve mcqueen
Old 08-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #99
Off Limits
Thread killer

Oddometer: 3,429
Nice splashes guys. Is that green valley lake road/ crab flats?
Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #100
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic

Oddometer: 3,143
Yeah. I had heard that it was empty so I made a similar splash through it the first time and got sopping wet.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #101
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,907
Quote:
Nice splashes guys. Is that green valley lake road/ crab flats?
Yup Yup
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #102
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyhead View Post
Yeah. I had heard that it was empty so I made a similar splash through it the first time and got sopping wet.
daym rich, he assured us it is going to be dry since he did it a few weeks back.

ersin and i got there at @11pm, and as i made the turn, and 15 feet from the edge of the water - surprise - i saw it was full.....

can't stop now and crossed it on 2nd gear....good thing our clothes dried up overnight; boots were still wet.

that was fun....thank you rich!....
Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #103
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

continuation of saturday ride

moonridge trailhead

kuya pat doesn't get to ride very often, but if he does he rides fast

duy proved this weekend that the klr could be just as fast as any ktm as long in the right hands

i have a feeling we're lost, the trail just getting narrower

but my montana tells me we're on track.....
Old 08-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #104
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

ersin was leading, the kid is fast, and with riddler on his butt, that made him ride faster.......

the result: early lunch @ 11:30 at azteca

the young guns and the young at hearts

nice seat at the patio, and the food was great

sorry rich that you had a different result

jim's eyes like to wander

the san diego gang; what a friendly bunch! accent everywhere, ersin and i felt at home...hahaha.

hanging out at the parking lot

Old 08-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #105
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

the obligatory water crossing. suppose to be dry according to rich...haha

here's me!

fudgypup

ersin

back at camp, rick the camp host making duy sign the papers

just at the other side of the road, danny heating up some food

meanwhile, at our camp we got nothing except for the dirt on the ground

bill and i can't resist so we smooched

then we watched the race nearby

soon it was dark; thanks rich for bringing the firewood

you don't see a big wood in front of you very often

we all had a good time. it was a quiet and nice night before we went to bed.