ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Oddometer: 282
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank.SD View Post
And we also have DDSR planned for Sept... maybe we can combine them all into one big love fest.

I think ^this^ is one of the best ideas EVER!
tannerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #17
c-zulu
Resident Dirt Burner

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
This is SOOOOO 205!

You guys didn't see THIS THREAD ?

This is why I want to bring 2 bikes, you just never know what you're going to want to ride...
MOTO GUZZI STELVIO NTX---VICTORY KINGPIN TOUR
c-zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,646
AGspecialties, Trl Rdr, and flyrodder all have crf230's set up for woods riding. They also have XR's (flyrodders xchallenge was just stolen, long story). I have a DRz, and lots of others have a variety of bikes. I agree the pictures posted show a bit more gravel road stuff, but those guys can hang...me, probably not

Shoot AG a pm, since he stays at the memo guest ranch at least twice a year. We should consolidate our efforts and make it a bigger deal. Unless you guys like grilled tofu and white wine spritzers.

fifthcircle screwed with this post 07-29-2012 at 05:59 PM
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #19
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
AGspecialties, Trl Rdr, and flyrodder all have crf230's set up for woods riding. They also have XR's (flyrodders xchallenge was just stolen, long story). I have a DRz, and lots of others have a variety of bikes. I agree the pictures posted show a bit more gravel road stuff, but those guys can hang...me, probably not

Shoot AG a pm, since he stays at the memo guest ranch at least twice a year. We should consolidate our efforts and make it a bigger deal. Unless you guys like grilled tofu and white wine spritzers.

I pmed AGspecialties to see if he would like to combine efforts and make a big dual sport ride
Old 07-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #20
tbickner
tbickner

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerc View Post

I pmed AGspecialties to see if he would like to combine efforts and make a big dual sport ride
Nemo sounds great as a camp and it's a nice quaint area. If forces are joined I'd still want to ride with a small number of riders on the technical stuff.

I'd want to ride share from the Afton area and points west of there. If I can find some interested parties I'd like to take my van and 4 bikes, or ride the bike out, or car pool with someone else.

I'll tent it or stay in the van but renting a cabin might work. Price matters.

Anyone interested in sharing the van please let me know. The van is an RV with toilet and fridge for comfort on the trip. I'll have to dig up a trailer though.

Tom
tbickner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #21
toadl
toadl

Oddometer: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbickner View Post
Nemo sounds great as a camp and it's a nice quaint area. If forces are joined I'd still want to ride with a small number of riders on the technical stuff.

I'd want to ride share from the Afton area and points west of there. If I can find some interested parties I'd like to take my van and 4 bikes, or ride the bike out, or car pool with someone else.

Anyone interested in sharing the van please let me know. The van is an RV with toilet and fridge for comfort on the trip. I'll have to dig up a trailer though.

Tom
I'm with you a hundred percent on everything you said, except I don't have a RV van.
Hope the broken toe is doing well or are you going to postpone surgery until winter now.
toadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #22
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Quote:

Tom

Two miles down the gravel behind Nemo is Boxelder forks campground. Last year at this time is was free to stay there
but it is a primitive campground, vault toilet.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #23
Jon B.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
Tom and Todd - didja see my idear about my car hauler "pool"? 6-8 bikes and 3-4 riders in one rig. With a van or covered truck, we have the rest of the riders and our gear.

Jon B.

'05 DRZ 400E Titled/Plated
Jon B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #24
Hipster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,748
Are you guys going to move up the date to combine it with the September DDRS rally?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:50 AM   #25
akfalla
eazy rider

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post
Are you guys going to move up the date to combine it with the September DDSR rally?
I know for tannerc and I - our work schedules are conflicting with the DDSR ride So the weekend of September 28-30th is the only time we can make it out in September. I agree, it'd be great to get EVERYONE together at once. Although, I prefer to ride in small groups... it is pretty neat to get so many people with all the same interests together in one area.

I'm super excited for this trip. I'd much rather ride in this cooler weather and I think my bike likes it a bit better too! Can't wait to get together with all you guys!

Old 07-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #26
ZIGGYND
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
The weekend of the 29th is the only weekend that might work for me as well. Couple more wrinkles to iron out and I'm in.
ZIGGYND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #27
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,354
Yep 29th weekend seemed to be pretty well dicatated by the schedules of those in on the conversation when it started on the Minnesota North Shore Shindig thread.
I've got a lot of wrinkles to work out...but I'm hopeful that I'll be able go.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #28
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIGGYND View Post
The weekend of the 29th is the only weekend that might work for me as well. Couple more wrinkles to iron out and I'm in.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #29
tbickner
tbickner

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon B. View Post
Tom and Todd - didja see my idear about my car hauler "pool"? 6-8 bikes and 3-4 riders in one rig. With a van or covered truck, we have the rest of the riders and our gear.

Jon B.
If you are in Kandiyohi you're 120 mi west of me (in Afton). I'd need a trailer to get bikes that far.
tbickner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #30
toadl
toadl

Oddometer: 857
Quote:
If you are in Kandiyohi you're 120 mi west of me (in Afton). I'd need a trailer to get bikes that far.
.I've got a trailer. It's 4x8. If you are creative 3 bike should fit with one in the center facing backwards. So getting bikes from Afton Shouldn't be a problem.

Jon B. When do you plan on leaving. I thought you mentioned Saturday before.

DDSR date doesn't work for me either.

I like the price of free camping.
toadl is offline   Reply With Quote