ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #76
akfalla
eazy rider

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIGGYND View Post
Alright..I'm in!
I will probably be bringing 1 extra tag-along and his Polaris Ranger. Normally he would be on 2 wheels but his busted up femur isn't fully healed yet. Does anyone know if there are trails in the area that would be suitable to his behemoth? I know he'll need the trail permit too, but is that all he needs as long as it is registered but not street legal?

I am also going to Minneapolis the weekend of Sept. 22-23. I am planning on detouring my way up by Paul Bunyon and was wondering if anyone in the area would like to hit the trails.

YEAH!

Yes, there are quite a few fun trails that are open to the Ranger. Plus I think we might have a Jeep guy that knows the hills better than anyone who can show him around. You'll have a blast at Paul Bunyan. And you couldn't have a better guide.

Looks like a nice bike Toadl... can't wait to see what kinda tricks you're gonna pull on that thing
Old 08-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #77
Hank.SD
Jet Measurer

Oddometer: 1,267
I wish I could attend this as well as the sept DDSR rally. We'll see how it goes!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Hank.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #78
toadl
toadl

Oddometer: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerc View Post
Nice Unabikers, But you may want to add a skid plate, it doesnt take much to punch a hole in a motorcycle case
Unibiker guards $24 with shipping, ebay. Looking for a comparable deal on a skidplate.
toadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #79
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadl View Post
Unibiker guards $24 with shipping, ebay. Looking for a comparable deal on a skidplate.
You stole those! I think I shelled out $100+ for mine, but they are worth it. I think you could whack them with a sledge and not hurt anything they are that stout. Installation was a cuss word filled, bloody knuckled, fit of rage..
tannerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #80
akfalla
eazy rider

Oddometer: 69
tannerc and I went out to the hills for a ride this weekend so he could get a good route scouted. I didn't do any of the single track he has planned for you guys, but I did do quite a few "easier" trails. I kept the ol' Serow up on two wheels all weekend, so that was exciting for me.

It's getting closer and I'm getting more and more excited.

Here's an EASY trail... hope you guys aren't cry babies like me

Had a freak accident with the Jeep this weekend, which is really sad- it spontaneously combusted. But no one was injured- thank goodness! So I guess our guide will have to ride double with me.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #81
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by akfalla View Post
...Here's an EASY trail... hope you guys aren't cry babies like me

Wait, that's easy? I...I...I'm not sure anybody mentioned that there are rocks there. Maybe this isn't what I had in mind.
Yeah, I'm excited. This will be F-U-N.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #82
dufferv65
yeeHa

Oddometer: 42
single track tease...

some vids of the hills single track last weekend...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prPekpqJ-AQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPIWJda-PWk
Old 09-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #83
dufferv65
yeeHa

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
Wait, that's easy? I...I...I'm not sure anybody mentioned that there are rocks there. Maybe this isn't what I had in mind.
Yeah, I'm excited. This will be F-U-N.
single track video from hills last weekend...

and this next one I think TOADL would be jealous...

Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #84
toadl
toadl

Oddometer: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferv65 View Post
single track video from hills last weekend...

and this next one I think TOADL would be jealous...

Well, I don't know what to say, I just listened to twelve minutes of dufferv65 breathing heavily into my ear.

I've got Friday on Monday off of work. Tbickner and I should be ready to ride Friday morning.
toadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #85
tbickner
tbickner

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadl View Post
Well, I don't know what to say, I just listened to twelve minutes of dufferv65 breathing heavily into my ear.

I've got Friday on Monday off of work. Tbickner and I should be ready to ride Friday morning.
Great Videos, thanks. Does 2 things for me, gets my excitement factor up and makes me glad I've got electric start.

Tom
tbickner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #86
ZIGGYND
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbickner View Post
Great Videos, thanks. Does 2 things for me, gets my excitement factor up and makes me glad I've got electric start.

Tom
Yeah, the easy button is extremely helpful, especially if (when) you biff it goin up or down some of that steeper rock strewn, rutted out, loose stuff that I'm sure tannerc has planned for us. Glad I've got it too.

Wow, less than 3 weeks to go till launch time. Suppose we better get some of the details nailed down.
I'm thinkin we should try to get a head count as to who is going to be a party to all the fun planned.
Tannerc and I discussed having a group feed possibly on Fri. or Sat. night. I'm bringing BBQ'd ribs for the whole crew and he's got plans for some sides to go with.
I know tannerc has most of the other details worked out...so we should be pretty set up for the weekend as far as camp and facilities go. My one thought depending on how many show up is group sizes for hitting the trails.
Is there anyone else coming that has a good working idea as far as the trails go? If we can get a volunteer or two to lead different groups, than we won't get so congested or strung out on the rides. I know I'm out as far as that goes unless we wanna get ourselves lost.
Thoughts or suggestions?
ZIGGYND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #87
tbickner
tbickner

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIGGYND View Post
Yeah, the easy button is extremely helpful, especially if (when) you biff it goin up or down some of that steeper rock strewn, rutted out, loose stuff that I'm sure tannerc has planned for us. Glad I've got it too.

Wow, less than 3 weeks to go till launch time. Suppose we better get some of the details nailed down.
I'm thinkin we should try to get a head count as to who is going to be a party to all the fun planned.
Tannerc and I discussed having a group feed possibly on Fri. or Sat. night. I'm bringing BBQ'd ribs for the whole crew and he's got plans for some sides to go with.
I know tannerc has most of the other details worked out...so we should be pretty set up for the weekend as far as camp and facilities go. My one thought depending on how many show up is group sizes for hitting the trails.
Is there anyone else coming that has a good working idea as far as the trails go? If we can get a volunteer or two to lead different groups, than we won't get so congested or strung out on the rides. I know I'm out as far as that goes unless we wanna get ourselves lost.
Thoughts or suggestions?
If Tannerc has concerns about head count relative to use of his dad's facilities as a camp area, I'm still alright with Nemo Ranch as a camp or Boxelder primative. But, I'll have the luxury of a small RV so I guess my voice should be minor in the choice.

I agree that too many in a group can multiply problems of delay and dust. I don't know the area but I have on my GPS all the motorcycle and separate ATV routes gleaned from the BH Park Service download. If we don't have enough riders with local knowledge I would be confident in following GPS routes on my GPS along with advice from the veterans.

Tom

Tom
tbickner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #88
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbickner View Post
If Tannerc has concerns about head count relative to use of his dad's facilities as a camp area, I'm still alright with Nemo Ranch as a camp or Boxelder primative. But, I'll have the luxury of a small RV so I guess my voice should be minor in the choice.

I agree that too many in a group can multiply problems of delay and dust. I don't know the area but I have on my GPS all the motorcycle and separate ATV routes gleaned from the BH Park Service download. If we don't have enough riders with local knowledge I would be confident in following GPS routes on my GPS along with advice from the veterans.

Tom

Tom
I think we should have plenty on camp area.
As far as riders in a group, whats everyone's ideal # of people in a group for single track riding ( how many is too many)?
I am going to get a few extra routes made up with google earth and garmin basecamp so those that have gps units can throw them on.

AS OF NOW
Ziggy +1
Toadl
TBickner
C-Zulu
Lutz
Akfalla
Tannerc

AKFalla and Ziggys +1 will be traveling the utv-atv-4x4-forest road trails.

so Im seeing 6 single trackers committed

Maybes
HankSD & Cara
Jwalters

Let me know if im missing someone

tannerc screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 05:52 PM
Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #89
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerc View Post
...As far as riders in a group, whats everyone's ideal # of people in a group for single track riding ( how many is too many)? ...
so Im seeing 6 single trackers committed
Let me know if im missing someone
Depends on how bad the dust really is...Sometimes it seems like two is too many. I've done lots of dusty trail riding with 3-5 people and that's always been tolerable. I don't think 7-8 is out of line, especially since the riders committed so far seem to be fairly well matched pace-wise. Blinding dust changes things though.

Francis11 - did you find a way to do this trip yet?
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #90
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Wink Images from last weekend

Trail 6330

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTpMn...ature=youtu.be

Couple of caves

Anyone that has a GPS unit let me know, I have tracks/routes setup that I can send you. KMZ or GPX files

Ziggy does your ranger pal have a gps?