ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #91
ZIGGYND
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Not sure if he has a gps, kinda doubt it. We'll get the trails downloaded if he does.

For some reason I thought there were more riders than there are. I'd be fine with more than this in the group too. Hell, at the DDSR rally in June, I rode with 25+ on logging trails, atv trails, etc. Yeah it was dusty. Yeah I still had a good time. Yeah I'd do it again.
ZIGGYND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #92
toadl
toadl

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIGGYND View Post
Not sure if he has a gps, kinda doubt it. We'll get the trails downloaded if he does.

For some reason I thought there were more riders than there are. I'd be fine with more than this in the group too. Hell, at the DDSR rally in June, I rode with 25+ on logging trails, atv trails, etc. Yeah it was dusty. Yeah I still had a good time. Yeah I'd do it again.
I am planning on riding 3 days, so I'm flexible with who I ride with, but I will not ride with 25 people. I imagine riding groups will change with attitude, tempers, exhaustion, and excitement level.

I'm still debating what I should bring out there. The WR is so light and nimble in the difficult stuff, but I will need to get a headlight and a license plate. The DRZ is so comfortable (soft suspension, electric start, torquey motor, and heated grips) but.
toadl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #93
dufferv65
yeeHa

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadl View Post
I am planning on riding 3 days, so I'm flexible with who I ride with, but I will not ride with 25 people. I imagine riding groups will change with attitude, tempers, exhaustion, and excitement level.

I'm still debating what I should bring out there. The WR is so light and nimble in the difficult stuff, but I will need to get a headlight and a license plate. The DRZ is so comfortable (soft suspension, electric start, torquey motor, and heated grips) but.
Whatever you bring, leave the street tires at home if ya plan on riding dirt!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #94
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Oddometer: 282
Quote:

I'm still debating what I should bring out there. The WR is so light and nimble in the difficult stuff, but I will need to get a headlight and a license plate. The DRZ is so comfortable (soft suspension, electric start, torquey motor, and heated grips, Doesnt mind running hwy speed) but.
Ive got the first two days routes down solid, hitting 94% of the close single track in the area. I was thinking for the third day maybe run over to the deerfield lake area where there is a concentration of 4x4 and utv/4wheeler trails and a bit different landscape/scenery. I will take a look at that option tonight.
tannerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #95
toadl
toadl

Just ordered 4 of these LED's, nine watts each. Should make a good enough running light for the WR if I decide to bring it.

I'm kind of hoping it isn't 40 miles of payment, I mean pavement, to deerfield. Because then I'll have to bring the Aluminum wheels for flying down hwy385.

I'm going to try and hit Camp5 at least once, because its the worst thing I've ever had fun doing.

toadl screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 08:11 PM
Old 09-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #96
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Quote:

Just ordered 4 of these LED's, nine watts each. Should make a good enough running light for the WR if I decide to bring it.

I'm kind of hoping it isn't 40 miles of payment, I mean pavement, to deerfield. Because then I'll have to bring the Aluminum wheels for flying down hwy385.
No, we wont be taking pavement! I think we will be able to keep the pavement down to 15 miles for the weekend.
There are enough forest roads and connecting trails to keep us in the dirt.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #97
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Quote:

I'm going to try and hit Camp5 at least once, because its the worst thing I've ever had fun doing.
I will make a track to go there.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #98
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Cool2

I have gps trail routes if anyone is interested. KMZ or GPX. I know we wont be able to get to them all but I made extra just in case. I dont think i can att them to a forum post so if you would like them pm me email addy.

Also..
I guess what i'm wondering who plans to show up, when, and for how long. Might also be people who dont know the answer to that question yet i guess.
I will be out there Thursday night and leave Monday later afternoon. I plan to ride Monday for at least a 1/2 to 3/4 day.
I think I will save most of the single for Saturday because I think everyone one will be there and be ready to ride the fun stuff.
Friday for late arrivals we could make a noon meeting point so they could join in the ride.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #99
toadl
toadl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerc View Post
I have gps trail routes if anyone is interested. KMZ or GPX. I know we wont be able to get to them all but I made extra just in case. I dont think i can att them to a forum post so if you would like them pm me email addy.

Also..
I guess what i'm wondering who plans to show up, when, and for how long. Might also be people who dont know the answer to that question yet i guess.
I will be out there Thursday night and leave Monday later afternoon. I plan to ride Monday for at least a 1/2 to 3/4 day.
I think I will save most of the single for Saturday because I think everyone one will be there and be ready to ride the fun stuff.
Friday for late arrivals we could make a noon meeting point so they could join in the ride.
I think everyone from Minnesota plans on arriving late Thursday night or at least will be ready to ride on Friday.
For some reason I have the impression that your dad's place in an open pasture. Is there protection from the wind? I don't know how to load routes onto my GPS but if a print out is possible I could use that.
I guess we will also need the Address of your Dad's place and your Phone #.

I'm leaning towards bringing the DRZ since it has the hook up for the heated vest. Might be a bit nippy.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #100
ZIGGYND
Adventurer

Barring catastrophe...I'll be there Thurs. early evening. Around somethingish or another. Ready to ride whenever...whatever...wherever. Whether it's 1 or 25, I'm there ready to rip it up. Leaving either Sun. evening or after 1/2 days trials on trails on Monday. Ya, I's been dranking. Just warmin up for the Hills of it.
Oh yeah, not sure if the ranger is gonna make it down there yet. Still tryin to convince him.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #101
Francis11
Gbusk

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
Depends on how bad the dust really is...Sometimes it seems like two is too many. I've done lots of dusty trail riding with 3-5 people and that's always been tolerable. I don't think 7-8 is out of line, especially since the riders committed so far seem to be fairly well matched pace-wise. Blinding dust changes things though.

Francis11 - did you find a way to do this trip yet?
Still in the works Lutz. I have been riding some washed out creek beds in Western Duluth for some rock garden practice nonetheless tho.
Francis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #102
ZIGGYND
Adventurer

Hey, If I post 10 times...am I still a noob?
Old 09-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #103
ZIGGYND
Adventurer

Nope! I'm ready 4 adventure!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #104
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIGGYND View Post
Nope! I'm ready 4 adventure!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #105
gregg
gregg

Oddometer: 177
We extend the following invitation: We would like to open our home to the Adventure Riders on September 29. There is plenty of room and we look forward to a weekend of bikes, new friends, tall tales and whatever else may come.

7051 Stagestop Rd., Black Hawk, SD, exit 48 off Interstate 90. Coming from the south exit right, stop sign turn right, up the hill to the big red gate. Turn right just after the sign that says" Chains required passed this point". Red house with bright blue roof. Location is close to many of the rides planned for the weekend.

Accommodations: lots of floor space, bring air mattresses. There are couches and hide-a-beds. Kitchen to yourselves, with coffee pots, microwave, frig, stove. (Doesn't mean you have to cook.) Real toilets and showers. Might want to bring your own towels. And if you really get smelly and want to do some washing that can be worked out.

Bike Accommodations: Large gargage for those needed repairs, or just for housing if the weather doesn't cooperate. (That isn't going to happen).

Looking forward to your arrival..
gregg is offline   Reply With Quote