Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
novamandan OP
Danny B

Oddometer: 68
Saudi Arabian relocation

Hey Guys;
I might be relocating to Saudi Arabia to work there as a Paramedic for Aramco. Just wanted to post on here to see if any of you have lived/worked there and to gain any insight you might offer. How's the motorcycling, the social scene, travel, and other pertinent lifestyle things? Thanks for any scoop you may pass my way!

Thanks!
D
novamandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,277
If you are a regular guy, meaning not gay, you should have a pretty good time. Just be open to the class levels & keep your faith out of discussions.
Wolfgang55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #3
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 633
D,

Bring a dirt bike if you have one. Pickings are slim over here, although a friend of mine may be willing to part with a W450 he has extra (I'd have to ask). There is lots of open sand to ride, even around the capitol. Would you be going to the big plant in Riyadh or one of the other spots?

There are also folks riding street bikes but I cannot imagine that would be any fun with the crazy way people drive over here. The climate can vary according to altitude and location relative to the coast, but the overall it's f-ing hot. That hot will be either similar to a convection oven (like where I live) or a sauna on full blast (along the coast). In the winter time it does get cool enough to wear a light jacket. In the summer you begin to understand why the natives wear their thobes and ghutras (and why you'd want to wear pants and a long sleeve shirt if out and about for a long time)...the sun will bake you!

There's lot's I could go over, but probably better if you shoot me a PM with any specific questions. Although I do not have any personal experience with the dating scene, I do know that if you are in the vicinity of a hospital there will likely be a number of expat nurses also looking for a companion. Travel in and around the Kingdom is relatively inexpensive and I would highly recommend getting scuba certified and diving the Red Sea, it's fantastic!

Like I said, riding here can be fun:

Later

- Ken
wilkinsonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #4
novamandan OP
Danny B

Oddometer: 68
Hell Yeah

Thanks for the responses. I'm not Gay so check that box and I hate talking theology. As for the dirt riding, it looks pretty sweet! I'm not sure what exact location I might be looking at, I'm just starting to examine the idea of moving over there to change up the pace a bit. Do you mind if I drop you a PM with specific questions that may come up? Thanks again!

D
novamandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 633
No problem. Are you a WATR member? If so I may know you. I lived in Arlington and Alexandria before coming over here.

- Ken
wilkinsonk is offline   Reply With Quote