Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
NorthernTraveler OP
Long time Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Northern Route - West end V2

This is the western end of a new transcontinental route.

This portion originally connected the northern ends of the Pacific Crest Quest and the Continental Divide Ride. It has been expanded to the Pacific Coast.

Currently goes from Mt. Erie WA to Eureka MT.

Tracks and routes along with waypoints for Gas/Food/Lodging/Camping. Tracks have been filtered to 500 points, but are based upon actual tracks ridden by me on either a DR650SE or rat Versys.

Green tracks are main route, Dark Green tracks are an alternate route closer to the border, Blue tracks are optional sections of increased difficulty.

Eastern end to be released soon. Middle sections still being worked on.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx NR - west endV2 small.gpx (1.49 MB, 77 views)
NorthernTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,896
Great job.

It needs a sexier name to catch on better.
Could you also mention it also crosses the GWT?
It also crosses the ToI.

Some suggestions:
1) Show where it crosses the PCQ, GWT, ToI & CDR with short tracks of those trails.
2) Switch all waypoints to Symbol only. This will let people see your trail better when they open the file. I deleted all Routes and Camp Grounds so I could see it better. I will now delete names from Gas.
3) If you have better resolution tracks (Active Logs) post them on GPSX in a gdb file which is 10x smaller. I can put it in Private Libraries to make it easier to find.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
NorthernTraveler OP
Long time Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Northern Route on GPSxchange

Jerry, it's been on GPSX since September with high res tracks.

I didn't include other peoples routes where they cross this route as those routes belong to other people.... won't do it without their OK.

The waypoints take up lots of screen space since you're looking at such a long distance... when you are actually riding it, they're fine. Good to know what's available at those places.

Routes were included for those who can't do tracks. Direct routes.

I kinda like the name 'The Northern Route'... and it tells you where it is. It's the northern most route available across the US.
NorthernTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,896
Didn't catch the new one (had the old one) on GPSX, I was on the road with GWT when you posted it. I woould let people on Adv know file with more resolution is available. I just post simple GWT that fits then point to source of details.

If you look at my GWT, I just show a very short section of the other trails where they cross and then let reader go find them. CDR has no owner, many people have posted the exact same route. Welcome to my GWT ( I want all the press I can get), the PCQguy told me welcome to it because many people have now been updating it with more detail.

Perhaps post two files, one with just tracks so people can see where and what it is without a bunch of time on Mapsource or Basecamp.

I was thinking of posting a very simple low res tracks only file of all of these trails on Adv so people can see the loop posibilities. Can I include yours?