User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #61
Jono660
Yamafied

Oddometer: 156
Wicked Sounds good.

Yeah I'm available mid week. I work 4 on, 4 off so depends when it is. 4 young kids though so Weekends are harder(but not impossible) Happy for day long rides but overnighters and longer with notice. Happy to travel south too, and north, west, wherever. To throw it out there I was thinking of meeting some mates at Manar on Sun 18th. Just a day ride between night shifts through goodnight scrub/biggenden ect. but timmings might be too tight? Also thinking of a run up agnes/1770 way before christmas or a run to see Betsy at Kroombit if that suited better. I live closer to GinGin than Bundy so those rides give me a good head start on others coming from further south. Anyway hope to catch up for a ride before Chrissy.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #62
Jono660
Yamafied

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Big View Post
Sadly I'm a weekend warrior.... gotta earn some $$ through the week to pay for the habits...

Keen to do some camp out weekends..3 star style... maybe the odd rally...

Went to BMW Club 'back to bush' get together at Goondiwindi the other weekend..friendly mob.. good ride, went back roads but didn't find enough tracks though...

Be good if their was some sort of map or list of tracks through SEQ or all Qld and northern rivers.

Anybody know of such a thing?

Maybe post some of your fav routes, if others cant make the group ride they could enjoy it on another day!
Yeah maps, I saw this somewhere, not sure if it was on ADV or not. Can anyone (re)point me in the right direction?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #63
boneman660
Try Hard

Oddometer: 356
Question TransOzTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono660 View Post
Yeah maps, I saw this somewhere, not sure if it was on ADV or not. Can anyone (re)point me in the right direction?
This might help...

http://transaustraliatrail.com.au/tracks/index#content

Old 11-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #64
Jono660
Yamafied

Thumb Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneman660 View Post
Thanks Boneman, your a legend.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #65
GelandeRoadie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Hi all, I have been watching this thread for a while now - looks very good - many thanks to woopwoop. I just hope you now have a policy of placing traffic cones to warn of video equipment

I too am a weekend warrior, based in Brisbane. As my (soon to be) three year old son has not worked out that he can sleep in, early starts are ok by me (to allow me to get to you guys).

I have a Bavarian Beauty (complete with clown suit) that is on the larger size so would appreciate a more gentle approach to life... the roads in that video look fantastic

Anyway, I will subscribe and hopefully meet up one weekend.

Cheers,

Greg
GelandeRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #66
DR-DRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Yeah I'm available mid week. I work 4 on, 4 off so depends when it is. 4 young kids though so Weekends are harder(but not impossible) Happy for day long rides but overnighters and longer with notice. Happy to travel south too, and north, west, wherever. To throw it out there I was thinking of meeting some mates at Manar on Sun 18th. Just a day ride between night shifts through goodnight scrub/biggenden ect. but timmings might be too tight? Also thinking of a run up agnes/1770 way before christmas or a run to see Betsy at Kroombit if that suited better. I live closer to GinGin than Bundy so those rides give me a good head start on others coming from further south. Anyway hope to catch up for a ride before Chrissy.
Where is Manar Jono, I'm in Hervey Bay so we're not far apart.
I've been looking at going to Many Peakes for an overnighter and stay at the historical pub.
We headed that way a couple of months ago but my mate had a mechanical issue and we had to abort at Biggenden.
I ride by myself more often than not so it would be good to hook up with someone for a change. (Who knows where they're going)
Old 11-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #67
Jono660
Yamafied

Manar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-DRZ View Post
Where is Manar Jono, I'm in Hervey Bay so we're not far apart.
I've been looking at going to Many Peakes for an overnighter and stay at the historical pub.
We headed that way a couple of months ago but my mate had a mechanical issue and we had to abort at Biggenden.
I ride by myself more often than not so it would be good to hook up with someone for a change. (Who knows where they're going)
Hey DR, manar is a bike and 4WD park just NW of Boondooma Dam. If you look up Manar on Google you will find the Address. I was thinking about an early start on Sun 18th as the family will be in brissy and I have to work that night. I was going to go through Goodnight scrub, Mingo Crossing, Biggenden, Gayndah ect, and back another way via as much gravel as possible. Happy to alter the route to suit you or others if anyone is interested. Just gotta be home(me anyway) by about 4pm to see family before work. Cheers, Jono.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #68
Dr Big
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by great southern land View Post
from memerambi through to the burnet highway is probably half half sealed unsealed if your thinking about doing a ride out this way let me know i am at kingaroy
Thanks for that....will give you a rattle and post on thread when heading out there...
Old 11-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #69
Jono660
Yamafied

Talking Bit further north than Gympie, Maybe Thursday or Friday?

OK, I am looking at going for a ride on Thursday or Friday 29/30th north from Bundaberg. I have a mate heading up here on his DR650 and I will be on either the 660 or 750 Tenere. I did this loop last week and it was 380kms with about 280+ of that on gravel. Boolboonda tunnel, wonbah, Kalpowar, manypeaks, Miriam Vale, Lowood, Rosedale, bit lost then home to Gin Gin area. It was a great ride but............. happy to look around Agnes/1770 a bit instead or even maybe do a run up to Kroombit area if we left early enough to get back in a day. Pretty open really but thought I would throw it out there if anyone was interested. Cheers.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #70
DR-DRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
OK, I am looking at going for a ride on Thursday or Friday 29/30th north from Bundaberg. I have a mate heading up here on his DR650 and I will be on either the 660 or 750 Tenere. I did this loop last week and it was 380kms with about 280+ of that on gravel. Boolboonda tunnel, wonbah, Kalpowar, manypeaks, Miriam Vale, Lowood, Rosedale, bit lost then home to Gin Gin area. It was a great ride but............. happy to look around Agnes/1770 a bit instead or even maybe do a run up to Kroombit area if we left early enough to get back in a day. Pretty open really but thought I would throw it out there if anyone was interested. Cheers.
Dam Jono, just got back from Many Peaks on Sunday, 735 K round trip.
Stayed at the Grand Hotel, good company, good food and cold beer, doesn't get better than that.
Need new tyres and I have to fit up my new chain and sprockets, it will be the new year before I'm good to go again.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #71
Jono660
Yamafied

Looks good DR. Hopefully organise a time to catch up for a ride mate. Going tomorrow for the loop I did last week with a side trip to 1770/Agnes for a look around. Anyone welcome but late notice I know.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #72
Jono660
Yamafied

Sand

Well did the loop I had planned with the detour to Agnes. Took the sand track through Deepwater Nat Park. Did I say sand? Heaps of it, but being a sandgroper I quite enjoyed it.Took the 660 Tenere. Would be interesting to take the S10 on the sand track. Had a blast and if anyone wants to do it sometime let me know and I will show you the way. Just over 500kms for the day for me. Lunch at Agnes with a great view, actually a few of them, and finnished with a beer at Avondale pub. Cheers.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #73
Dr Big
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Xmas = Crazy

Had a quick last ride before xmas on Sunday Morning. Sippy Downs-Palmwoods-Montville-Mapelton-Obi Obi-Kenilworth-up Booloumba Creek Rd and back-Conondale-Maleny-Home short quick blast!

I didn't have the time to explore through Booloumba Ck Rd, does it join up to Sunday Creek then to Jimna?

Nice camping areas and swimming holes and a good dirt track, I went a few K's past a look out then turned back.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #74
woopwoop OP
will think for food

Oddometer: 4,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Big View Post
Had a quick last ride before xmas on Sunday Morning. Sippy Downs-Palmwoods-Montville-Mapelton-Obi Obi-Kenilworth-up Booloumba Creek Rd and back-Conondale-Maleny-Home short quick blast!

I didn't have the time to explore through Booloumba Ck Rd, does it join up to Sunday Creek then to Jimna?

yes, about halfway (at a guess) along

Nice camping areas and swimming holes and a good dirt track, I went a few K's past a look out then turned back.

plenty of campers and cars around at the moment, I suppose?

Merry Christmas
woopwoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #75
pigeyes
bilge rat

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by woopwoop View Post
WoopWoop r u speechless? are we gonna do a lap or what?
mick