Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #76
mbmaz450
----------------------

Oddometer: 75
i was just thinking it might be worth mentioning at the drivers meetings to have the zero / sweep car attempt to scatter any deer they see on any stages. i know we were delayed there a long time for the setup of that stage, but i think the zero waited and swept through right before it actually started. maybe the deer were there, maybe not. my first 20 seconds on a rally course ever, for a friday night shakedown/test i was faced with a dog wandering on the dirt road, thought that was real interesting, at 80 or 90 mph. once in a while hittin 100, its a chilly thought. so glad this was just a funny story and not worse.

braden probably got real tired of logging into blogs to explain things

so funny all the xperts that pop up, why are'nt there other racers around, why did there happen to be a photographer there, photoshop on a video, blah blah pretty funny
mbmaz450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #77
Entrepre-neer OP
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmaz450 View Post
i was just thinking it might be worth mentioning at the drivers meetings to have the zero / sweep car attempt to scatter any deer they see on any stages. i know we were delayed there a long time for the setup of that stage, but i think the zero waited and swept through right before it actually started. maybe the deer were there, maybe not. my first 20 seconds on a rally course ever, for a friday night shakedown/test i was faced with a dog wandering on the dirt road, thought that was real interesting, at 80 or 90 mph. once in a while hittin 100, its a chilly thought. so glad this was just a funny story and not worse.

so funny all the xperts that pop up, why are'nt there other racers around, why did there happen to be a photographer there, photoshop on a video, blah blah pretty funny
Mike, from what I've seen, you'd probably just powerslide around any animals on the stage.

The sweep actually tried so get those deer to clear out a couple of times which delayed the stage. Those could be the most tame deer in the world. They had to get out of the car and yell at them to move. They just came back after the sweep left. I'm not complaining. I could be the only guy to ever make money for racing RallyMoto...so what if it was for an epic wipeout.

I didn't respond to the armchair experts much but my wife went off on some people. She takes her crew chief job VERY seriously. It seemed to me that between people that were there and people that were fans of the video I didn't have to do much to squelch the naysayers (Especially if they didn't read the video description)
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #78
Bollocks
Farts with an Accent™

Oddometer: 4,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepre-neer View Post
Here's an example of what most of the stages look like....only two of thirteen were tarmac....the rest look like this but longer. Wicked fun!

That was very cool to watch mate, I did notice at the 4:33 time one of the guys in front almost went straight on that sharp left...you can see his tracks.
If that had been me, I would have shit myself and stopped for a smoke.

The Self-Preservation Society
08 Triumph 1050 Toight like a Toiger
Bollocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #79
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,700
Quote:

I can't remember where I'd heard this from...Braden, maybe you heard it and relayed it to the rest of us. Apparently just prior to Braden coming round the mountain, a spectator was trying to "shoo" the deer away from the street. Well, that backfired.
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #80
mr. matteeanne
Barned

Oddometer: 14,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by e rock View Post
That's a lot of beef jerky left behind.

Glad you're OK..
Was the deer carrying a bag of beef jerky?
Old 10-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #81
mbmaz450
----------------------

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepre-neer View Post
Mike, from what I've seen, you'd probably just powerslide around any animals on the stage.

The sweep actually tried so get those deer to clear out a couple of times which delayed the stage. Those could be the most tame deer in the world. They had to get out of the car and yell at them to move. They just came back after the sweep left. I'm not complaining. I could be the only guy to ever make money for racing RallyMoto...so what if it was for an epic wipeout.

I didn't respond to the armchair experts much but my wife went off on some people. She takes her crew chief job VERY seriously. It seemed to me that between people that were there and people that were fans of the video I didn't have to do much to squelch the naysayers (Especially if they didn't read the video description)
Coming out of that corner like that, uphill, is where i'd be riding a wheelie. wanted to ride some wheelies on that stage so bad, but the stupid bike crapped out, ho well.

I hadn't heard about the sweep problems with the deer, how about that. My hand fed deer pic really did tell the story of those nonchalant deer attitudes.
ha, go get em crew chief
mbmaz450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #82
Entrepre-neer OP
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
That was very cool to watch mate, I did notice at the 4:33 time one of the guys in front almost went straight on that sharp left...you can see his tracks.
If that had been me, I would have shit myself and stopped for a smoke.
Quote:
Coming out of that corner like that, uphill, is where i'd be riding a wheelie. wanted to ride some wheelies on that stage so bad, but the stupid bike crapped out, ho well.
The vid below was my favorite stage of the race. Check out the 14:00 minute mark to see some footage of MBMAZ450 in action. (He's reponsible for the power slide that almost went off course in the first vid.) Even with fuel pump issues he caught me and blew me away in the corners on SS8 which was one of the longest. Luckily his fuel pump couldn't keep up in the straights and I was able to catch back up. I hit 83 in that long straight where I passed him. With his 690 in top shape he could have probably done a 100 up that hill.

Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote