This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,029
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:07 AM   #47
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,610
THANKS for taking me along on your adventure....
Old 08-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #48
Burtwer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Completely in. Can't wait for more.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #49
Oldone
One day at a time!

Oddometer: 652
Very interesting!

Thanks for taking the time for the rest of us. I seldom read anything about the area that you're riding through so it's very interesting to me. Good luck and stay safe.

Gary "Oldone"
Oldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #50
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.

Oddometer: 715
This is the very reason my wife won't make the 'Big Leap' (which it IS), of selling everything and touring the world.

Always looking for another person's view and ideas of how to set yourself up to 'comfortably' make the jump.

+1. The wife is pretty well seated although we do travel quite a bit.

Subscribed - be interesting to see where you end up.

Furthest east I have been in Canada is Toronto so this is a great start. Nice country.
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #51
Abenteuerfahrer
Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcycle View Post
Yep, love it. I had to do a chin-curtain-ectomy though, not enough airflow. It made the helmet a bit more noisier, but now I'm not passing out due to carbon-dioxide poisoning...
Subscribed....way to go guys...

Even the best Helmet (Schubert) in the world will NOT utilize it's maximum designed airflow/exhaust, etc IF it is sort of blocked by a windshield. They were designed from the ground up.....sans windshield!

When it rains...because of the windshield, your visor will be speckled with rains drops that can be naturally cleared by moving your head into the windstream..pivot either right or left of the windshield.

To give the Helmet it's best due..cut/lower/pivot the windshield so as to catch more of the breeze...and suck out your possible toxic CO2 that gets trapped within your closed Helmet..always give your visor a slight opening..!

Cheers..
Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #52
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Congratulations on deciding to live your life differently, love what I've seen so far. Enjoy the open road and be safe.
srad600 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #53
bigtop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Subscribed...........but apprehensively, I feel as thought I will soon be unhappy at work, ready to part with my material possessions, and have a even more severe case of wanderlust:-)

Be safe, and good luck to you!
bigtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #54
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,590
Best wishes from South Texas!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #55
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcycle View Post
Upd
The fog was pretty thick in the early evening as we rode the steep and windy road out to Cape Speer, the eastern-most point in Canada. It's just outside St John's, and Neda remarks how understated our tourist attractions are compared to the US. No wall-to-wall T-shirt/hot-dog stand/souvenir stalls here, just the beauty of the eastern Newfoundland coast. We stared out at the Atlantic ocean together and wondered what we'd see and where we'd end up next.

This is where our journey really starts...

Following the yellow brick road to the lighthouse at Cape Speer
Please don't think all US tourist attractions are over commercialized tourist traps. To compare apples to apples sort to speak,,,,, compare The Most Eastern Point in Canada" to The Most Eastern Point in the US" which would be West Quody or Lubec. Yea, there are some signs much like the above stating so but it's nothing like Key West. Same with the most western spot in the contiguous US, Ozette Washington. Yes, we have our tourist traps,,,, that's for sure but there are plenty of places to see almost anywhere you are in the US that isn't plastered wall to wall with people trying to sell you gee-gaws you don't really want.

The wife and I hit up Newfoundland, Labrador and Quebec a couple summers ago and it was beautiful. We both thought that the southeastern end {Avalon and the Irish Loop} was as nice a ride as any and it was an afterthought that we almost missed as a way to waste some time getting over to Argentia to catch the ferry. Gros Morne {pretty exciting getting fussed at by a moose believe it or not!} was wonderful as was Terra Nova and L'Anse aux Meadows. Absolutely stunning scenery out there. We spent about a month up there on bikes riding, camping and experiencing life. It was a couple months that we will never forget and hope to relive soon.

Anywho,,,, have an absolutely wonderful and safe trip. I can't wait till the wife and I can do much the same. Green with envy here and for sure,,,, subscribed.
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #56
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtop View Post
Subscribed...........but apprehensively, I feel as thought I will soon be unhappy at work, ready to part with my material possessions, and have a even more severe case of wanderlust:-)

Be safe, and good luck to you!
I feel that way before the end of the first page and was thinking of how far I could get if I sold everything. Pennsylvania is pretty hot this time of year isn't it?
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #57
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
I think its a GREAT Idea! Just chuck the whole domestic tranquility mess and go see the world,if not now? When?

Being tied to many anchors for a lifetime is called "stability" Never stray out of the tracks,keep your head down and keep pulling. Once your 65 or so THEN you can relax and have a good time? I think its better to just go,never know what you might find out there.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #58
Dachary
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Awesome. I love it when people get over the excuses and just *do* it. You guys are living the dream, now! We're setting ourselves up to hopefully do the same next year - maybe we'll meet on the road, and I'll be following along until then!
BOS -> CO - 2 dogs in a Ural - 2012
Find us on SPOT
Dachary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #59
masukomi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
First off, totally envious. Can't wait until we can quit (again) and do the same. Excellent photos, can't wait to see more.

However, I admit to being a bit concerned by this and the comment earlier about having to push hard on the bars to not turn wide:

Neda catches up on some light reading while waiting for the ferry

I recognize that you're coming at this from a perspective of it being all your worldly possessions, but you've really got way more stuff than you need. I know it's hard to part with, but maybe start doing a monthly purge? If you haven't used it in a month, and it isn't first-aid, or a spare part, chuck it, or mail it off to someone for storage.

With that said, if you pass through/near Boston and need anything, just holler. Not that I'm recommending you do... the riding sucks around here. ;)
masukomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #60
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o_snow View Post

Always looking for another person's view and ideas of how to set yourself up to 'comfortably' make the jump.

Looks like the thread was "cleaned up" since those posts are gone. guess you won't get your answer.

Enjoying the pics.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote