ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Are you interested in coming?
Gonna be there come hell or high water 15 34.88%
Sounds good, we'll be there if we can 26 60.47%
Ain't no friggin' way I'd camp but I might motel it 1 2.33%
Are you guys nuts??? 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #61
Woodsrat OP
Gone ridin'

Oddometer: 1,273
Tell ya what--since it was my idea to have this silly campout I'll buy the hotdogs, buns and dressings for the Saturday night feed. I'll get them from Crazy Joe and keep them there until around feedtime Saturday night. Bring your own weenie stick.

Anything anyone else might want to bring would be greatly appreciated and consumed by all.

A head count will be coming to know how much to buy.

Eek!! More boring fiction--"One Last Ride in the Hoosier Revisited":
http://www.woodsrat.com
Woodsrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #62
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,440
Deal. Ill bring some pokers.

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #63
Kevinj110
पवित्र गाय

Oddometer: 593
I also have the MSR titanium spork... Doubles as a tool for my stove don't ya know. I miss Indiana Outfiters that was up by 15th and College about 12 years ago.
Kevinj110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #64
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinj110 View Post
I also have the MSR titanium spork... Doubles as a tool for my stove don't ya know. I miss Indiana Outfiters that was up by 15th and College about 12 years ago.
I signed up with rei when it opened. Its higher end stuff but if you subscribe to there emails every other month there is a 20% off one item coupon. Ive been getting my go pro stuff this way and saving lots of dough.

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
Old 10-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #65
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Hey now, Keep that Spork away from my 'ol '01 650gs...
I've been try'in to convince it it's a KLR.
Regarding the campout, it ought to be a proper hoot. It's always a blast to ride/camp/party/b.s./ride.
I might burn some roadkill the night b/4 and drag it along. I'm in Bedrock, so the logistics are simple for me.
gplane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #66
Kevinj110
पवित्र गाय

Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
I signed up with rei when it opened. Its higher end stuff but if you subscribe to there emails every other month there is a 20% off one item coupon. Ive been getting my go pro stuff this way and saving lots of dough.
I refuse to do business with REI they are really anti off road and anti motorcycle. Pretty much they donate lots of money to Sierra Club and they are a huge reason ORV trails and areas get closed including spots in good old Indiana. So I choose to spend my money else where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplane View Post
Hey now, Keep that Spork away from my 'ol '01 650gs...
I've been try'in to convince it it's a KLR.
Regarding the campout, it ought to be a proper hoot. It's always a blast to ride/camp/party/b.s./ride.
I might burn some roadkill the night b/4 and drag it along. I'm in Bedrock, so the logistics are simple for me.
I promise to keep it from the GS for a price.
Kevinj110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #67
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Quote:
I refuse to do business with REI they are really anti off road and anti motorcycle. Pretty much they donate lots of money to Sierra Club and they are a huge reason ORV trails and areas get closed including spots in good old Indiana. So I choose to spend my money else where.

I promise to keep it from the GS for a price.
Did not know that. Either way i hope.one of there tree hugging activists sees my rei gear and cries and i.mock them telling them the deal i got on it. Hell the inventor of the ak47 marketed to rivals to use against each other and has done it since it was invented.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #68
Woodsrat OP
Gone ridin'

Quote:
I refuse to do business with REI they are really anti off road and anti motorcycle. Pretty much they donate lots of money to Sierra Club and they are a huge reason ORV trails and areas get closed including spots in good old Indiana. So I choose to spend my money else where...
Yup. Sadly just about all the outdoor equipment suppliers support the eco-weenies. Matter of fact if you follow the money trail to the various envirowacko groups you'll see it comes from businesses you support every day. Either like REI the companies are sympathetic to the "cause" or they're blackmailed into giving money to the nature nazis under the threat of embarrassing protests at their corporate offices.

The people behind Gore-Tex are some of the biggest supporters of the environmental groups. So far I haven't seen too many people willing to give up equipment that uses it, though. A few years back I did see an off-road apparel company refuse to use Gore-Tex but eventually they gave in and started using it in their garments again.

What's the answer? I'm not sure. There aren't enough of us to make a difference and if you get involved and try to change things it'll just frustrate the hell out of you. That's why I said "fudge it" and decided it wasn't worth fighting anymore.

Life is short. You can joust with windmills or go riding. Personally I prefer the latter.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #69
Dirtbauer
KB

Oddometer: 176
No Musical skills here but

Do we still need a guitar? I can possibly provide one as i will be trailering bike if I make it?

KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
I've been talking to an inmate about bringing his guitar to this grand gathering to entertain us. Unfortunately riding a motorcycle and carrying a git-fiddle don't go together very well.

Any locals willing to supply a guitar for our surprise entertainer?

For that matter if any of you have any musical talents it would be great to have you share it with us around the fire. Whether you play a guitar, harmonica, kazoo, spoons or whatever instead of just standing around staring at a fire listening to guys belch and fart we could have some music to go along with guys standing around staring at a fire, belching and farting...
www.dirtbauer.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/dirtbauer1?feature=mhee
Dirtbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #70
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Yes

Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #71
Geno99
n00b

Oddometer: 3
where

Ok ive read this post from top to bottom,Ive been to the hnf several times, where are you guys goin to camp. is there some where your going to meet to start a ride? Im in kokomo and would like more info if posible Thanks Geno
Geno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #72
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno99 View Post
Ok ive read this post from top to bottom,Ive been to the hnf several times, where are you guys goin to camp. is there some where your going to meet to start a ride? Im in kokomo and would like more info if posible Thanks Geno
First page has all the info.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #73
Woodsrat OP
Gone ridin'

The close proximity of Moto Supreme to the Hickory Ridge campground might be a good reason to invite your buddies who don't own anything in the way of a street-legal bike. They can get in some quality dirt riding and party their asses off to boot.

Given the campground isn't that far off paved roads get your street riding buddies to come down and join the fun, too.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #74
Geno99
n00b

Oddometer: 3
hnf map

where can i get a map of the dirt/gravel roads in hnf. Ive been there many times on a street bike but never on a dualsport. I just purchased a dr650 and would like to find a place to ride it. Im in kokomo and riding arround here sucks. Ps where is moto supreme? Thanks Geno
Geno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #75
CJames0587
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Google is your friend, Geno

Moto Supreme is located in Kurtz, Indiana.

Maps of the HNF are $10 for a waterproof copy. Send cash, check or money order (payable to "USDA Forest Service") to:

Hoosier National Forest
811 Constitution Ave.
Bedford, IN 47421

Look forward to seeing you out on the trails.