ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
twowheelphoenix OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Dual Sport-NORCAL-November?

I'm planning to spend 2-3 weeks in Northern California starting the 1st week of Nov. Used to live in CA but did not ride DS then or much North of Santa Rosa. Should we expect reasonable weather? Also, does anyone know of some good maps for the area for DS. Looking for logging/jeep type maybe a little rougher at times, but not single track.

Thanks for any tips.
twowheelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
Nor Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheelphoenix View Post
I'm planning to spend 2-3 weeks in Northern California starting the 1st week of Nov. Used to live in CA but did not ride DS then or much North of Santa Rosa. Should we expect reasonable weather? Also, does anyone know of some good maps for the area for DS. Looking for logging/jeep type maybe a little rougher at times, but not single track.

Thanks for any tips.
Not sure what anyone means when they say Nor Cal. Santa Rosa to me is off limits. Northern California is the part of California that only has one {1} freeway running any direction in it. that means North of the 505 cut off in the center and Oroville in the East. and I will give the coast from Fort Bragg down as being out.
Now don't get all upset with me if you live South of this. But you cant call 200 miles south of the boarder Northern. and When 20% of the ground is paved we are no longer talking "Forest roads".
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote