Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #76
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,292
Got the wires set for lights and fan,

Straightened out some of the factory wiring and got all the insulation up in the walls.

pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #77
pvangel OP
Team AARP

I'm thinking of this for the floor, in RED... I have it in Black and White in my Garage and it has been great.

I looked at Gfloor ( I have seen it expand in the heat and wrinkle up) as well as vinyl sheet and tile which I did in my present trailer and it has peeled up. Called Rust-Oleum today about the garage floor epoxy and they said it does not flex enough to be on wood, and would peel up. Got a quote on Rhino Lining today as well ($1600!!!!) which was to rich for my blood, checked into brush on bed liner which would be about $180 but have to have the right temp to install and a LOT of hand work anddddd it only comes in Black which I don't want so at $1.89 a sq ft and maybe a couple hrs install I am leaning towards these.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #78
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Maybe Gray? I'm thinking on it... Red might be my design inspiration color?
(been watching to much HGTV)
Old 12-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #79
NCGS
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 1,184
I sold a 16 x 7 Haulmark this past October. I had nine bikes, but now that I'm down to two I no longer needed a big trailer, so I sold it. Having sold the trailer I no longer needed my Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax, so I traded it for a new diesel Porsche Cayenne (rated to tow 7700 lbs).

I wanted to replace the big Haulmark with an all aluminum Featherlite trailer, but a new 6.5 x 12 runs $7000+K, so that didn't make much sense (since I only use it a few times each year). I stumbled on a used Featherlite on the local Craiglist site (owned by a soldier who got pretty badly banged up in Afghanistan). I gave him $2500 for it. I installed 3 rows of e-track in the floor and two Condor chocks, so it's now set up to haul two bikes anywhere.

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many.
NCGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #80
josjor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post

I looked at Gfloor ( I have seen it expand in the heat and wrinkle up) as well as vinyl sheet and tile which I did in my present trailer and it has peeled up. Called Rust-Oleum today about the garage floor epoxy and they said it does not flex enough to be on wood, and would peel up. Got a quote on Rhino Lining today as well ($1600!!!!) which was to rich for my blood, checked into brush on bed liner which would be about $180 but have to have the right temp to install and a LOT of hand work anddddd it only comes in Black which I don't want so at $1.89 a sq ft and maybe a couple hrs install I am leaning towards these.
I simply got some good quality latex paint and added sand for grip and primed and painted the floor on my trailer. It's lasted really well and is easy to touch up with the leftover paint. FWIW, my previous trailer had Rhino Lining in it and on hot days (80 degrees and up) the Rhino Lining would outgas and you'd have to open the doors for about 15 minutes before you could tolerate working in it without your eyes burning. Forget about sleeping in it.
listen mister, we didnt evolve porcelin shitters just so we could squat to take a shit, like monkeys.
josjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #81
pvangel OP
Team AARP

With gas being such a big expense in racing the small trailer is the way to go. Featherlite is a great trailer and that is a great price for a used one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGS View Post
I sold a 16 x 7 Haulmark this past October. I had nine bikes, but now that I'm down to two I no longer needed a big trailer, so I sold it. Having sold the trailer I no longer needed my Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax, so I traded it for a new diesel Porsche Cayenne (rated to tow 7700 lbs).

I wanted to replace the big Haulmark with an all aluminum Featherlite trailer, but a new 6.5 x 12 runs $7000+K, so that didn't make much sense (since I only use it a few times each year). I stumbled on a used Featherlite on the local Craiglist site (owned by a soldier who got pretty badly banged up in Afghanistan). I gave him $2500 for it. I installed 3 rows of e-track in the floor and two Condor chocks, so it's now set up to haul two bikes anywhere.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #82
pvangel OP
Team AARP

My old Fifth wheel toyhauler had something like Rhino lining on the floor and now that I think about it that trailer always smelled and would make your eyes water if it had been closed up for awhile.
I ordered the floor tile in Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by josjor View Post
I simply got some good quality latex paint and added sand for grip and primed and painted the floor on my trailer. It's lasted really well and is easy to touch up with the leftover paint. FWIW, my previous trailer had Rhino Lining in it and on hot days (80 degrees and up) the Rhino Lining would outgas and you'd have to open the doors for about 15 minutes before you could tolerate working in it without your eyes burning. Forget about sleeping in it.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #83
pvangel OP
Team AARP

So.... I ordered flooring, windows, Fantatic fan, regular roof vent, folding aluminum table like this,

It's removable so can be moved outside, pretty cool!

Just got an email that something that weighed 16 pounds was delivered today...like friggen Christmas again! Can't wait to get home
Old 12-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #84
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Table showed up, actually looks well made.

Fantastic fan and 1 of the 2 porthole windows.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #85
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Sent this non-cad (pencil) plan to a guy who builds diamond plate boxes,

Which will hold this,

And be mounted on the front of the trailer by the propane tank.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #86
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Snowing and cold out so I measured out all the insulation left to go in and cut it in the comfort of the garage, even cut out the roof vents and lights so all I have to do is stick it up in place and I will have a template ready to cut out the vents in the roof.

Even made some "custom" corner insulation for the nose of the trailer.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #87
WestTXDR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
I'd thought about having mine insulated with spray foam, but I like the way the 1" board is working.

I used Herculiner on my floor. http://www.herculiner.com/product_info.htm

I hit the floor with a belt sander, then cleaned it up with acetone before I applied the product and it has stuck really well and provided a good floor. The only thing I should've done is kept the product better suspended with a drill stirrer. There are some places that done have as much texture as others. Get some good knee pads. I damn near couldn't walk the next day.
2002 BMW R1150RT Silver
IBA#22317
KE5EXE
WestTXDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #88
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTXDR View Post
I'd thought about having mine insulated with spray foam, but I like the way the 1" board is working.

I used Herculiner on my floor. http://www.herculiner.com/product_info.htm

I hit the floor with a belt sander, then cleaned it up with acetone before I applied the product and it has stuck really well and provided a good floor. The only thing I should've done is kept the product better suspended with a drill stirrer. There are some places that done have as much texture as others. Get some good knee pads. I damn near couldn't walk the next day.
The insulation is working out great, I work for a company that has a division that does spray foam so I could have had it done for free but was worried that it would fall apart from all the vibration and bouncing around.

My first choice for flooring was the Herculiner but did not want black and even though there website said it was available in colors none of there distributors seemed to know it?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #89
showkey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
My old Fifth wheel toyhauler had something like Rhino lining on the floor and now that I think about it that trailer always smelled and would make your eyes water if it had been closed up for awhile.
I ordered the floor tile in Gray
My enclosed trailer has bed liner sprayed on the floor and up the walls 2 inches, works great and has no smell at all and wears like "no slip iron" , water proof would do again with out question. If there is any problem it is rough on bare feet..........but that's really not a problem, rough is also good as things stay put. Center stands leave no marks.

Sleeping in a toy hauler bed liner smell is not a concern, but the smallest amount of gas and oil does smell, no matter what's on the floor.
showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #90
pvangel OP
Team AARP

The gas is always an issue especially with the vintage bikes, I am always overly careful to turn the gas off and even tip the bikes a little to drain the bowl so nothing comes out of the overflow tubes. I even have my sixteen year old son brainwashed to check the petcocks.

One time I did not shut off my 1980 RM 125 and it spilled 1/2 a tank of gas all over the floor, I had thrown all the dirty gear on the floor so it ruined my new Thor gear and all the glue down tiles peeled up. makes me check twice now...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: