Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 02:51 AM   #46
Night Falcon OP
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
is that the 300 that was for sale in Auckland?
looked like good buying

Did you ride it? if so how does it compare to your rev?

is the rebuilt motor all good?
Yup thats the one, runs pretty good. First time he'd had it out so I wasn't allowed a ride but have demanded a spin on the next outing! Seemed to handle ok and it the easiest starting 300cc kick starter I've ever seen!

The Rev3 ran like a dream, lot more power and much smoother, great wee bike and just too much fun to ride.

Not quite happy with the setup yet so will be adding some bar risers and bark busters. also have a longrange kit ordered for it which will give me 7ltrs of fuel and a seat....I'm too old and broken to stand for too long
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #47
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
Yup thats the one, runs pretty good. First time he'd had it out so I wasn't allowed a ride but have demanded a spin on the next outing! Seemed to handle ok and it the easiest starting 300cc kick starter I've ever seen!

The Rev3 ran like a dream, lot more power and much smoother, great wee bike and just too much fun to ride.

Not quite happy with the setup yet so will be adding some bar risers and bark busters. also have a longrange kit ordered for it which will give me 7ltrs of fuel and a seat....I'm too old and broken to stand for too long
If you are going to put bar risers on consider the rox anti vibration risers. I've got them on my rev3 270 and it had a nasty buzz on transport sections that would really effect my hands. The rox risers have rubbers bushes built in and they completely killed the vibes.

The 50mm rise the give makes the bike much less tiring to ride as well.

Its amazing how you get used to riding standing up all day - I don't miss the seat (unless I'm having traction issues where my natural inclination is to paddle) and I don't think I'm any tireder at the end of the day than I would be on the trail bike.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #48
Night Falcon OP
Adventure NZL

Quote:
If you are going to put bar risers on consider the rox anti vibration risers. I've got them on my rev3 270 and it had a nasty buzz on transport sections that would really effect my hands. The rox risers have rubbers bushes built in and they completely killed the vibes.

The 50mm rise the give makes the bike much less tiring to ride as well.

Its amazing how you get used to riding standing up all day - I don't miss the seat (unless I'm having traction issues where my natural inclination is to paddle) and I don't think I'm any tireder at the end of the day than I would be on the trail bike.
thanks Mark, will check out the rox risers. the evo will have to use Rox's cos it has a hinge type clamp on the bars which rules out conentional spacer risers.

Need more practice to get used to it but I can stand for ages on the 690 with no worries so this should be the same once it gets a bit more height in the bars. would be great to catch up with you and maybe Eddie B some time for a weekends trialing somewhere
Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #49
Night Falcon OP
Adventure NZL

playing on Sunday arvo

Night Falcon screwed with this post 06-13-2013 at 02:30 AM
Old 06-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #50
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Quote:
playing on Sunday aro
Cant you have a lot of fun in a small area?

Did you get to ride the 300?

I know that you aren’t supposed to but I've just raised my bars 75mm and it makes it so much easier to push for hours when your stator shits itself in the middle of the bush.....

Still all fixed up and ready to go this weekend (weather permitting)

great fun
Old 06-13-2013, 02:28 AM   #51
Night Falcon OP
Adventure NZL

Quote:
Cant you have a lot of fun in a small area?

Did you get to ride the 300?

I know that you aren’t supposed to but I've just raised my bars 75mm and it makes it so much easier to push for hours when your stator shits itself in the middle of the bush.....

Still all fixed up and ready to go this weekend (weather permitting)

great fun
Lot of fun riding them but man it doesn't take long to get a good sweat up!

Going to pinch the risers off the 690 and try them for size this weekend to help decide what height I need. bought a cheap set of bark busters from MX parts in Aukld which arrived yesterday so will chuck them on....broke a lever few weeks back trying to get up a steep (vertical) bank so decided I needed some anti noob protection equipment.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #52
Night Falcon OP
Adventure NZL

Christmas came early today

Not properly fitted yet but I'm liken it already

Old 06-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #53
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,115
Now that's nice.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #54
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 680
Almost as kool as my 348cota now.. (I said almost)

looks a lot more useable with a seat...

Old 06-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #55
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Looks good

I'll be really interested to see how you find it. The one I sat on seemed so low that the knee bend seemed too extreme to ride the bike sitting for very long. How much gas does it hold? Does it all have to come off to get to the air filter?

I just had an engineer make a rack for the front of mine to carry a couple of 2 liter bottles and some tools. Tomorrows project is to fit it all up.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:18 AM   #56
Night Falcon OP
Adventure NZL

Quote:
Looks good

I'll be really interested to see how you find it. The one I sat on seemed so low that the knee bend seemed too extreme to ride the bike sitting for very long. How much gas does it hold? Does it all have to come off to get to the air filter?

I just had an engineer make a rack for the front of mine to carry a couple of 2 liter bottles and some tools. Tomorrows project is to fit it all up.
The main reason I wanted a seat was so I can rest my dodgy knee/leg at regular intervals as it doesn't like standing for too long; having a seat makes it easier to rest when stationery so not too worried if its a bit cramped while riding.

The tank holds 4 ltrs which will give me 7 ltrs total capacity which should allow heaps of trials adventuring

Its 2 screws to remove the whole thing and considering you need a screw driver to get the to the air cleaner anyway its not that much extra hassle.

I was thinking of doing something similar as you but really needed the seat as well so for me this set up is pretty good.

Was reasonably straight forward to fit but had to modify some of the brackets to get them to line up properly - build quality could be Beta
Old 06-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #57
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Quote:
The main reason I wanted a seat was so I can rest my dodgy knee/leg at regular intervals as it doesn't like standing for too long; having a seat makes it easier to rest when stationery so not too worried if its a bit cramped while riding.

The tank holds 4 ltrs which will give me 7 ltrs total capacity which should allow heaps of trials adventuring

Its 2 screws to remove the whole thing and considering you need a screw driver to get the to the air cleaner anyway its not that much extra hassle.

I was thinking of doing something similar as you but really needed the seat as well so for me this set up is pretty good.

Was reasonably straight forward to fit but had to modify some of the brackets to get them to line up properly - build quality could be Beta
Yes the poor old knees take a beating - my knees certainly complain more than any other bits after a full day on the trials bike. I'd forgotten that you had a dickey knee - at least the seat gives you a ride home option if your knee spits the dummy during a ride.

7 liters range is great. For the mungys I find that by the time I've used used up 4-5 liters my body is all used up too....

You'll have to come down one weekend when the mungys change out of swamp mode (sometime December normally)
Old 06-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #58
Night Falcon OP
Adventure NZL

Quote:
7 liters range is great. For the mungys I find that by the time I've used used up 4-5 liters my body is all used up too....

You'll have to come down one weekend when the mungys change out of swamp mode (sometime December normally)
Will definitely get down your way for some exploring.

Went out for a test ride this afternoon with me o'll mate Jimmy and had a blast. Seat performed to all expectations and I didn't notice the extra weight at all.

The build quality of the long range kit is pretty poor though. I had to fabricate an extra seal for the fuel cap out of a piece of TPS outer cable to stop fuel from pouring out. I'll have to investigate a bigger O ring for the cap but obviously zero QA from the Beta factory.

Made another modification to it to make it like a BMW

Not sure I like it but it would make it harder to snap the rear guard trying to attempt a steep hill in the wrong gear and speed....not that that would ever happen

Old 06-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #59
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

new fender = $165
plastic welder charges me $30 each time to fix mine
Old 06-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #60
Night Falcon OP
Adventure NZL

Video of the days play