ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #256
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
Stop doing that, Jeff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Well, where were you two Friday morning,
I woulda listened to yas....
Quote:
Originally Posted by B50Paul View Post
Hi Jeff ,.......Heal quick. Paul
I hear Salt Spring Island has special healing powers
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
....Motosickles is dangerous,,......
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy Jeff,
Damn dude, that sucks, get well soon.
Sure it sucks.. Coulda sucked worse, so ALL is GOOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
Heal up quick!!
Thanks for good wishes, all.
I'm walking OK, with some ouch.
as soon as the bruises leave,.....It'll be fiiiiine
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #257
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,447
Ouch,Jeff I hope you recover fully.
Dan from Western NY.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #258
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazekan View Post
...... I was on my way to say hi to AJ.
Thanks for the visit!! Always nice to see your smiling face,
and making me smile, in generally the bleakest of buildings, made the rest of the day much better !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash.Gordon View Post
It was nice to meet you AJ & Shelly! Had a blast, heal quick AJ!

Thanks again!
Nice to meet you too, fellow Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Heal fast and completely, Jeff.

Truly, a great bunch of friends
Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #259
Nut Clutch
was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer: 429
Sorry to hear you had a tough weekend. Glad to hear things sound positive. Heal fast!
Nut Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #260
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2rydktms View Post
Glad you both are having a good time with you ADV Family, sorry we missed this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
Ouch,Jeff I hope you recover fully.
Dan from Western NY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut Clutch View Post
Sorry to hear you had a tough weekend. Glad to hear things sound positive. Heal fast!
Thanks, Fellow KTM lovers !!
Nice to hear from my new long distance friends, too, Dan
Next years' WetFest, maybe?
But Wallowa Valley Gatthering in June is the one to NOT miss !!
Got off OK, Steve, some limping for a bit, then back on the horse.
Bike's not too bad at all, a lot of taking apart and putting back together, mostly...
Old 10-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #261
Nut Clutch
was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Got off OK, Steve, some limping for a bit, then back on the horse.
Bike's not too bad at all, a lot of taking apart and putting back together, mostly...
Good that the bike and rider are tough. Sorry I didn't make it down there. Been focused on pedal power for a bit.

Sounds like there was some great help to get everything sorted. Hats off to the fine folks.
Nut Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #262
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,078
Thank you everyone for a fantastic weekend. Special thanks to our great hosts, Jeff, Shelly, Lexie and Ruckus. I had a blast, got to know a bunch of cool new people, ate well, drank even better, and had some great conversations late into the night by the fire.

(clicking on the pics gets you bigger ones/originals/whatever)

Bikes and trailers were everywhere on Saturday:

Morning Hood:

GSGuy's much better half at Lost Lake:

Some of the fine folks at Lost Lake (l-r) Mike, Andy, and Mike, Kathy and Dale (GSGuy), Barbara (BSkye):

The bikes:

Making Double Mountain Brewing look good... find the bike that is not like the others

Saturday evening, before it got dark:

Jeff, Zac, Justin, Moto (the dog) and a whole bunch of other fine folks:

(l-r) Squishy, Stacy, BSkye, NoPoChicken, Ruckus trying to hump Tonka, MotoMuffin, Amy, and Red Menace. It's not clear to me why Krista and Ramona brought giant orange diaphragms to drink out of

Vernon shows off his delicious rabbit roulade. The other dutch oven contained some amazing corn bread:

Evening Hood:

One of the two fire pits we had going... Wave to the camera, Justin

Moto mugs for the camera:

Dogs were well represented at the rally:

HellsAlien and RoadRash sharing a tender moment:
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #263
Easy-Z
Me wanna be

Oddometer: 3,420
I'm sitting in a bar. After some other funky stuff today and now after reading this I'm tryin not to be the weirdo crying by himself. Love this group

Jeff, you're too tough. I never understand the "I don't like pain pills" people. If I'm in that situation I feel like I have the perfect excuse to fill my body with as much opiates as I can. Take yer vitamins and be good to yourself

Shelly, you hang in there too!
Easy-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #264
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,422
Jeff, Shelly and the dogs thank you so much for being such gracious hosts. Thanks also to all who helped pull everything together to make this such a fantastic gathering. It was nice to see how people pulled together Friday evening under stressful conditions to make things work out. I am pleased to find out my SPOT devise actually works and will get help to you. I just wish it didn't have to be one of our own that I got to try it out on. A big thanks also to my wife and those who jumped in my truck and came up to haul the bike out. The best scenery, the best food, the best drink, the best weather and the best people to share it with. How do you top that?

Oh yea...by the way Two Fucks and an Oh Shit is a tad too close. I think I better throw in an extra Fuck or so just for safety.. Heal fast my Brother!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #265
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-Z View Post
......Love this group
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
.......... and the best people to share it with. How do you top that?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #266
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
After dropping the fam off at PDX during evening rush hour on Friday (and seeing lots of KLRs and DRZs and a 990 heading the other direction) I beat feet for Parkdale, arriving just in time to meet a very worried Shelly heading for the hospital and get a text from Crash telling me they'd just loaded Mr. Jam into the bus. I tossed up my tent in a likely spot and then milled around with a rather stunned crowd until we got the fires going and the beers going, at which point things started to relax.

AJ is being somewhat modest when he mentions "some limping". If Shelly ever posts the pics she was showing off, you'll hear a big collective gasp on the interwebs.

I was a bit struck by the hospitality given the circumstances, and amazingly it kept getting better.

I may have had one or two beers too many but compared to some others I felt good Saturday morning.

After rubbing the Hangover out of our eyes we all sat and gazed northward for awhile. I'm sure this will be the second or third of many of this shot.

The mid-20 night time low did make the obligatory pee-run a little hurried.

Given the previous night and the excellent breakfast (loved the apple things! not even going to try and pronounce them BSkye) things were pretty slow moving Saturday morning. I was lucky to stumble in with Neil and Kenyon (sp? - yes, he spelled it for me... a few times) and we headed for the ridgeline to the East.

*Really* nice track up to the vantage point. Rocky and nasty first gear stuff in a few spots.

Staggering view from the top.

Squishy on his way up, and dang if he didn't ride a monster wheelie the rest of the way, just after my shutter closed. We're idiots for not doing it again, would have been a great shot.

Squishy approved.

More glamor shots. We had a hard time tearing ourselves away.

This must be some kind of Maori salute to the mountain gods or something, because you'll see him doing it in a few other pictures I'm sure.

Had a good time coming back down. Did this shot over my shoulder in the sun and couldn't even see Neil in the screen. At least it provides some scale... things are pretty big in north west Oregon.

After that we headed vaguely north on really fun powerline roads. Finally got what could have been a good shot of Kenyon if I'd have pulled the trigger about .5 second faster. A pretty good little rubble climb.

See! The Maori Salute again! Really cool country heading north towards The Dalles. Super dry though... lots of very sorry looking oak? trees.

Awesome views of Mt. Adams shrouded in forest fire smoke on the way north. Stupid me, taking a picture with a fence in it because I was having too much fun riding and didn't get off the bike for 30 seconds.

Hungry and thirsty! Time to get!

After a nice lunch at Clocktower Ales in The Dalles (well... after Squishy lit a little fire under our waitresses' butt) we headed over a really fun piece of tarmac (Chenoweth Creek I think) towards Mosier. From Mosier we tried route finding straight west to Hood River (old Hwy 30 is closed) until running into this sign. I was amused, but the gent we talked to in Mosier said it used to be a great ride.

From Mosier we took Husky Rd to Elder and back over to Hwy 35. Really nice road again. Here's a final glamor shot of the Three Stooges in a clear cut on the way out.

We cruised back to the AJ/Shelly pad and were very glad to see AJ "walking" and talking. I drank some more suds and stuffed myself with phenomenal food, including the excellent rabbit crock-pot action. Things got pretty festive and I could swear I had footage of Ramona doing *something* with a glow stick, but now I can't find it... There was one Golden Retriever moment when one of the goof balls smacked my drink, sitting comfortably in it's drink holder in my chair, launched it, and dropped it upside down in my lap. Thankfully I had an extra pair of long johns and my dirty riding pants or it could have been a chilly night :)

Woke to another brisk morning (love my new Mountain Hardware Switch 20 bag, BTW) this AM. Yes it's another hack "drawing in the frost on the motorcycle seat" shot

Had an excellent breakfast (again), washed some dishes and said my goodbyes. Really excellent group of folks and it was nice meeting you all. Big thanks to the Hosts and to Petrolburner for hauling my bike out there and back!! Full Nurburgring Mode on the way down a deserted Hwy 35 and out of the mountains this morning, really fun. Shaved 30 minutes off the GPS estimated arrival time... :)

K_N_Fodder screwed with this post 10-07-2012 at 09:43 PM
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #267
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshelly View Post
Tonight I am fortunate to be falling into sweet slumber with the sounds of happy laughter, Jeff's snoring and crackling campfire. I keep snickering to myself as I hear another outburst of belly laughs. Perhaps I really won't get much sleep, but it's worth it. How can I ever repay all of you for EVERYTHING that you did for Jeff and myself this weekend. What did we do to deserve such genuine, caring & thoughtful people in our lives? I hardly know most of you and 50% I had NEVER met before this weekend, yet you all chipped in to help in any way you could. You arrived strangers and go away fast friends. So very thankful for for all of you, but mostly I am thankful that this thick skulled husband of mine is back home and already on the road to recovery.
You are a great woman Shelly, and I'm sure (he better) Jeff knows this and appreciates it.
It was nice to see how everyone (especially Jeff) stayed positive though the weekend and continued to have good time......................good people, all of ya

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #268
Easy-Z
Me wanna be

Oddometer: 3,420
Didn't take too many pictures, and true to form even less of actual people.....just stuff. Had a nice ride up to Cloud Cap but otherwise just enjoyed the company

Jeff and Shelly, if you need a periodic reminder I'm more than willing to come up there and tell you stories of Portland traffic so you appreciate the Paradise you live in.

Lots of people at Cloud Cap. It felt like a bit of overkill to ride our gnarly, knobbly dual sport freedom machines up there when a Prius made it there.

Vernon checks on the wabbit.

Can we do it again next year? Maybe the third time will be the charm with NO hospital visits!!
Easy-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #269
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,194
Excellent photos there Justin (Fodder), sweet ride we did together on Sat.
Had a ball with all (no dirty thoughts there Ramona & Krista!), great bunch of dirty folks. good times.
Thanks heaps for putting up your place for the shin dig Shelley & Jeff (wonderful people), look forward to next years.
Will talk soon, cheers, Neil.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #270
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,405
Thanks Jeff and Shelly for a very fun and memorable weekend! Not one that will be soon forgotten.
Look forward to next year!!! Jeff heal up soon and well. I need a tour guide at Meadows this spring.
Also great meeting so many wonderful people this weekend. This was my first ADV event, and I must say you're a bunch of fine folks. Well mostly..
Like Shelly said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshelly View Post
You arrived strangers and go away fast friends
LittlePosum and I had a great ride back to Bend today, got in over 200 miles and saw some beautiful lakes and fall colors!
The girl can ride!
A few pics of Fridays ride and the ride home today.

Mr Dual Sport screwed with this post 10-08-2012 at 12:09 AM
Mr Dual Sport is offline   Reply With Quote