User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 518
Vladivostok to Lisbon in 2013

I want to ride Vladivostok to Lisbon next year. I am at stage 1 of this. Just got the idea in my head several weeks ago-and it won't go away. I know it's not much prep time. I will stop and see sights (and I have no idea what's in that part of the world yet). But my primary focus is getting to Lisbon. I have searched ADV and HU for info. I'm not finding as much as I would like.

I know 2 adventure riders that I thought might do this with me. Each seem to not want to go now. I really prefer riding alone. But with so many border crossings and the Russian language issues,a comrade might be a better approach this time.

If you know any good ride reports,or have ridden this region recently,I would appreciate being directed to their links.

Doogle screwed with this post 08-13-2012 at 06:39 PM Reason: Left out word.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
SeanF
-

Oddometer: 2,158
I rode that route solo in Aug '10 - May '12. Blog here.

I would ride the same route again. I would mix in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan if possible. One of the 'Stans just lifted visa requirements.

IMO my timing, vis-a-vis temperatures, was good. I was in Turkey a bit late. The Anatolian Plateau was really cold at night.

Ping if you have any Qs.

Cheers
Sean
Old 08-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanF View Post
I rode that route solo in Aug '10 - May '12. Blog here.

I would ride the same route again. I would mix in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan if possible. One of the 'Stans just lifted visa requirements.

IMO my timing, vis-a-vis temperatures, was good. I was in Turkey a bit late. The Anatolian Plateau was really cold at night.

Ping if you have any Qs.

Cheers
Sean
================================================== ===============

Thanks for the response.I'll read the rest of your blog in the morning. Good info what I read so far.I hope to leave from El Centro,California sometime in April. If you have shipping info on your blog,I won't bother you with too many questions.

Doug
Old 08-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
SeanF
-

Oddometer: 2,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
================================================== ===============

Thanks for the response.I'll read the rest of your blog in the morning. Good info what I read so far.I hope to leave from El Centro,California sometime in April. If you have shipping info on your blog,I won't bother you with too many questions.

Doug
Shipping details are in the Horizons Unlimited database; shipped from Vancouver, BC to Incheon, South Korea.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks Sean,I read it the other day. You did a good write up. I won't have the time you had.But yours' is the most helpful I've found. I'm going to try learning some Russian.But it looks hopeless.Spanish at least uses pretty much the same alphabet that we do. I look at the Russian letters and my brain goes limp.